“Most Unique and Flavorful Dining in Pottstown”

Henry's Cafe and Fine Groceries
Ranked #22 of 128 Restaurants in Pottstown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I recently "discovered" Henry's as Frank (Owner/Chef) doesn't really advertise.

What a wonderful surprise. Understanding everyone's experience may be different, I cannot fathom anyone not enjoying Henry's.

Each dish is a unique blend of fresh ingredients (and I mean FRESH), very tasty blends of spices and a heavy dose of Franks personality.

I was most recently there for the New Orleans themed night. A six course meal paired with wine.

Every dish was true to the theme. But the Alligator stole the show.

It is clear that Frank knows seafood and you simply can't go wrong stepping through the front door and having Denise (host) show you to a table.

Things to know: It is small and when full, a little loud (but I welcome that environment). The local crowd is very friendly and that makes for a fun evening. You can consider certain tables a bit better suited for a romanic dinner, so just ask Denise, she'll take care of you. It's BYOB with a liquor store around the corner (limited hours so be sure to check). Henry's is only open certain days and times, so CALL FIRST. Portions are generous, pricing is very good for the area.

Henry's is a place that should be frequented by everyone in the area. Hey Frank, start advertising... oh actually, don't... I like this little secret!

2  Thank Cliff J

Reviewed June 21, 2011

After a Saturday matinee of Peter Pan, a new musical presented at the Tripac theater in Pottstown we had a wonderful dinner at a small and charming restaurant called Henry's. The food was fresh, imaginatively prepared and delicious. There were four specials, all of which were fish. We sampled the salmon with mussels( succulent) and golden snapper which also was excellent This is a BYOB restaurant, well worth a visit if you find yourself in the area.

Reviewed May 1, 2009

I had heard good things about Henry's Cafe and made my first visit today and I must say that I was disappointed. Both my wife and I ordered the Fish and Chips for lunch and when they asked if it could be served on one platter, we were wondering why and guessed we would be receiving quite a bit of food. When the platter came, we were very surprised to see a serving of fish and fries that was less than I am used to receiving for only one person. All this at a price that I thought was pricey for Fish and Chips normally. The food was good but not exceptional and in keeping with the theme of being overpriced, I saw that we were charged $2.50 for a 20 ounce bottle of Coke when the bill came. This might be expected in a tourist location or major city, but not in a small town in the suburbs! We will not be visiting again.

3  Thank DAC21
Reviewed January 10, 2009

Upscale fish specialty restaurant. Very fine BYOB.

1  Thank Henry B