“There are much better mexican places...”
Review of los aztecas

los aztecas
Ranked #10 of 126 Restaurants in Pottstown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The portions here are large, which means nothing when it is not the greatest quality. I had the carnitas, my wife had a burrito. The burrito was passable, but not great. The Carintas were pretty bad. The pork was very dry, almost as if it had been sitting for some time. The rice had a consistency of sitting under a heat lamp for hours. Beans were ok. The tortillas were very disappointing. They brought four in an aluminum foil wrap. I guess all of the juciness reserved for the pork was placed in the tortilla wrap, because they were soggy.

Chips and salsa are brought out at the start of the meal, the chips tasted fairly fresh. I found the salsa to be bland, with the consistency of a cheap spaghetti sauce. Not impressive.

Service. This place is a mixed bag. The lady at the front counter is downright gleeful. Very happy, very nice, and led you to believe this is going to be a fun experience. Well.... That is not the case. The waitresses were miserable, and clearly did not enjoy working there. One in particular was actually the kind of waitress that you would be afraid to ask the time of day, let alone for an extra napkin or the like.

This was my second trip to the place. The first was mediocre, and I was reticent to go back given the location (a shopping center in Pottstown). Given the gastrointestinal distress I felt after this less than stellar meal, I will certainly not go back.

The extra star is given for the decor and the very pleasant lady at the front. Otherwise, this would be receiving a one star.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I'm usually picky about mexican food and feel most places are too generic. Los Aztecas in Pottstown surprised me with their quality of true mexican dishes. The pork carnitas I usually order are exceptionally good. The chips and salsa are always fresh. There's plenty of dining area and the booths are private. My family and I always have a really nice meal for way less than we plan to spend which is always a good deal. The only thing they're missing is a cantina. Mexican food without a margarita seems to taint the experience. But it does keep the bill down.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went here as a result of a coupon from Restaurants.com that we obtained with our membership to AAA. The portions were large and we found the cost acceptable. The food was good, although I did not enjoy too much what I ordered. The waiter was not very enthusiastic, but the service was ok.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

food was nasty! When my family sat down we saw dead cockroach in sauce container. flies and cockroaches on painting right next to us. We pointed it out to server, and all he did was say that he saw it. Did not even apologize or anything, no free food. Worst place ever, very disgusting. Make sure if you go to check the food, since mine was a lil crunchy.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

for a local joint in a strip center, we found the food here to be very good authentic mexican. decor is kitchy cute and the help friendly. excellent value. don't be fooled by the strip center location...give it a try.

Been to los aztecas? Share your experiences!