“Excellent Food @ Great Prices!”

Port Clinton Hotel Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Frankly I am surprised to see bad reviews here but I do realize not everyone has the same experience. We have eaten here on numerous occasions through the years and have never had one bad meal here. For us they are always consistent. We always tell others about the place when they say they are heading to Cabelas and 9 times out of 10 the person has already eaten here and gives the place praise. We typically are there for a late lunch so it isn't terribly crowded. Although tables are close it doesn't get loud and we never feel like somebody is right on top of us. We have never dined at the bar so I can't comment on the bartender and our meals have always come out hot. We have taken different people with us at times also and everyone has raved.This restaurant is about 45 min. from our home which is probably a good thing as if closer I would be eating here a lot more! Nothing fancy as it is an older building with quite a bit of history behind it. Every time we go there the food is excellent and plentiful! One basket of fries is enough for the whole table and typically we all go home with leftovers! The sandwiches are huge!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The food is usually good to great. Portions are plentiful. Price is a little high. Staff is friendly. Seating feels a little crowded. Parking can be difficult at times. We go about 2x a year. Love the burgers!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had a 730 reservation that was not honored and the split our party of 17 up in two rooms and made us wait 2 hours for our food, I would have walked out but we were starving after a nice afternoon at cabela's. The server was terrible, just a bad expeirence. Don't go here!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have been going to the PC Hotel for well over 20 years. I lived right down the street in Hamburg for a few years and would go 2-3 times a month. I have sice moved from the area but make sure to stop in anytime my travels take me up Rt 61. You will not find more authentic Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Filling unless you come to my Mom's house. I would certainly not put this in the top 5 resteraunts I have ever been to, but I will certainly put it in the top 5 for value for the money.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a great little place. We usually sit at the bar and order. The burgers are my favorite. Any of the sandwiches are huge and really good, cheese steak is a winner. Have a few cold ones and relax. Nice little stop and great food. We do go back.

1  Thank John NJ H