“Very nice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Allegany
Inn on Maple Street Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The accommodations are very nice, the owners are very warm and engaging, the breakfast was very good, my room had an air conditioner and a VERY small private bath. My only complaint was the cleanliness. The carpets had not been vacuumed upon my arrival and the bathroom was not very clean. There was toothpaste spit on the tile back-splash and the area outside the shower needed a good scrubbing and caulking. I don't stay in B&Bs that often, I was surprised that the rooms are not serviced on a daily basis. Is that what is normally done in B&Bs?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
MapleStreetBnB, Owner at Inn on Maple Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We're pleased to tell you this room and bath has been renovated since your visit. Each B&B is different but we do check with everyone at the breakfast table if they want their room refreshed or need anything. We're glad you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is, with out a doubt, one of the best places we have stayed at for a long long time. We also had two large friendly dogs with us and when it came time for breakfast they served us out on the beautiful front porch so the dogs could be with us. Great place, Great owners, and our favorite Great breakfast. Thanks so much Jay and Sharen also, Thanks Tucker for making Bubba and Taz at home.

Room Tip: The magnolia room was beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Our front porch in the summer is the best place for breakfast! We're glad you all were relaxed and happy with your stay. Come back and play with our Tucker soon! Thanks again.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband is not a fan of B&B accommodations; he prefers the anonymity of motels and hotels. On the other hand, most of the time when I travel, I prefer to stay at B&Bs, where breakfast is included, along with the option of chatting with people form other walks of life. At The Inn On Maple Street, we were both completely comfortable from the moment we walked onto the expansive front porch of this wonderful old Victorian home. The high points (and there were no low ones!) were the exceptional shower - a hand-held option AND the ability to adjust the temperature of the water! - privacy, the good night's sleep, and the forethought given to evey possible need, right down to padded hangers and a power strip at the dressing table, for curling irons or hair dryers. You can tell that Jay and Sharen take their responsibilities VERY seriously, and still enjoy what they do. Breakfast was delicious, presented buffet-style. Sharen invited me to take books from her extensive collection. Now Hubby agrees we'll be using The Inn every time we visit anywhere near the Port Allegany area. Maybe we'll bring one of the dogs next time. They are welcome, too.

Room Tip: Go online to pick a room that fits your needs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I love to share my collection of books with our guests. I always invite them into our Library and encourage them to pick and choose selections for their enjoyment. I'm so glad you found several to read. Tell Hubby we can send him brochures of events and attractions in the area so he can plan a vacation week with us. Don't forget to bring your four legged family member! See you again!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Bed and Breakfast was on a little street a block away from a park. It was so wonderful feeling so welcomed after a few days a different hotels. Jay and Sharen were so attentive to our needs and to us. The Magnolia room was beautiful and we could not have hoped for a better time. We will be back when we are out that way again. It was the perfect place to hide away and relax. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

So many of our guests are surprised at the relaxed and friendly neighborhood of the Inn. We are a great place for a "stay-cation" so a little travel distance can give you a lot of fun time to do things (or nothing!) with us. Come back in the summer on Thursday evenings. There are free concerts every week in that little park you would enjoy. Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed at the Inn for two nights during a recent business trip, but will certainly return at sometime in the near future.
When I travel on business I want a clean, quiet room at a reasonable price. When you stay at the Inn that is exactly what you will get plus you will have a wonderful host.
Due to business committments I could not take advantage of the breakfast provided. When I told Jay that I had to leave very early he offered to set me up with warm banana bread and coffee prepared to go....now that doesn't happen at your chain hotels!
A word of advice....don't mess with the low budget hotels that are all over the area, stay at this reputable and highly rated B&B, I'm sure you won't regret it!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Oak Room and found it quite nice!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

We're glad we met your business standards for your stay with us. We can now accommodate the schedules of our business travelers with our Bagged Breakfast To-Go. The free Wi-Fi and breakfast are just part of the amenities we offer as compared to the chain hotels. See you soon!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Reasonable rates which includes a nice breakfast, far better than the usual ones at motels. Clean and comfortable room had everything I could ask for. The Inn will be my first choice the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

We enjoy having the families stay with us, plus we are pet friendly so bring everyone on your next visit! Thank you for your compliments.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was our second stay at the Inn on Maple. My husband was born and raised in Port Allegany, so his family lives there. We choose to stay at the Inn on Maple because it's a comfortable place to stay within walking distance of almost anything we need or want, and the owners are just amazing people.

We enjoyed the Blue Spruce Room in the main house this time. It was comfortable for our family of 3. The private bathroom is understandably tiny, but has everything we needed - including a shower! The beds were very comfortable, and we enjoyed being able to open the window or use the a/c depending on the weather. As "city folk," we especially liked being able to choose NOT to use the locks on our doors!

My favorite part of this trip that is different from when we stayed in January is the use of the great porch on the main house. That was my favorite place to hang out - in the morning sun, during the rainy day, and definitely in the evenings under the soft glow of the rope lights around the perimeter.

We were already impressed with the hospitality of the owners from our last stay, but this trip cemented our high opinion of their gracious hospitality. While we were there, we felt as if their home was our home and that my husband's family was just as welcome there as we were as the paying guests. My husband and I cannot express our gratitude for the service that went well above and beyond. When my husband was helping his recently widowed mother to clean up her yard, the owners offered the use of their dumpster and even helped move some of the mess. That's not customer service - that's truly treating your guest as a member of your family and we are so thankful!

I can't review the Inn on Maple without mentioning the amazing breakfasts! We appreciate the care and concern for our personal dietary needs. Each morning we came downstairs to wonderful aromas of baked goods, egg dishes, fresh coffee, breads, and more. My 8 year-old enjoyed the Mister Kool-Aid cups of juice or hot cocoa, fresh fruit, and cereals. There is truly something for every palate, but you have to indulge in the baked goods especially!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and we are already looking forward to our next stay. Maybe the next time we'll try out one of the other family-friendly suites or Jack-and-Jill room. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Check out the pictures on the website, but also talk to the owners about your needs. We asked about...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your compliments! We are happy to tell you that the bath of the Blue Spruce Room has been renovated and there's a little more 'elbow-room' for everyone. See you in the warmer weather!

Been to Inn on Maple Street Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!