“Wonderful stay - thank you, Jay and Sharen”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Allegany
Inn on Maple Street Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed April 6, 2008

I had decided to travel from New Jersey to Cleveland on US Highway 6 (the longest transcontinental highway in the US) - a lot more fun than I-80. I found the Inn on Maple Street through the Highway 6 website. Even though I did not have any of my dogs with me, I was impressed by the pet-friendly policy. I got right through to Jay and was able to make the reservation without any difficulty. Jay and Sharen made sure that someone would be at the house when I arrived. I had a quiet, comfortable night followed by a wonderful breakfast (baked pear, breakfast pie with salsa, homemade bread, jelly & apple butter, and plenty of coffee). Jay recommended visiting the Zippo museum in Bradford (not to be missed!) and also the nearby town of Warren for lunch (terrific raspberry pie - wish I could remember the name of the restaurant but it's right around the corner from the used bookstore). I would definitely visit the Inn again - it reminded of me of why I love to stay in a bed and breakfast. Thanks again!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo

Reviewed April 4, 2008

Travel Pennsylvania's scenic Route 6 this year and do yourself a favor by stopping at The Inn on Maple Street in Port Allegany. Not only will you be greeted by friendly people, but you will immediately feel at home.
This is a well-run B&B with all the comforts of home and a well-informed family who can assist you. We always travel with a little Westie and she was welcomed, too. It was the best stop on our trip and we highly recommend it. If you sit in the library for awhile, don't be surprised if you are welcomed by the family's friendly cat as well.
One thing is certain, after staying here, you will want to return. - Chris and Nancy Keeley, Ohio

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2007

This is a charming bed and breakfast where you feel pampered but at home. We stayed in an addition to the historic house, where there was plenty of room to stretch and socialize, but also space to seek privacy. The library in the main house is filled with interesting books, from mystery to history, and the breakfasts prepared by Sharen were simply scrumptious: cheese omelettes, maple bread pudding, banana bread. . . When I asked for hot sauce, not only was it provided, but a small to-go bottle was provided as well. It's the details that make this Inn special--the beautiful maple bannisters and shelving, stain glass windows, and a host and hostess that don't miss a beat.
--Lisa Biggar, Galena, MD

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2007

What a wonderful first experience at a B&B! I found the Inn at Maple Street on the internet and loved what I saw. We booked the room for one night but upon entering the Inn and meeting Jay, we immediately decided to stay there for the whole weekend. The Inn itself is gorgeous and the rooms are beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. Jay and Sharen are very warm and welcoming and made us feel at home immediately! The breakfasts are delicious, abundant and original, with something to please everyone. I would highly recommend this inn to anyone wants to be treated as a valued guest in a beautiful and cozy home where your every need is anticipated. Jay and Sharen are terrific people who have a real gift for making you feel right at home.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2007

We stayed two nights and had a wonderful time! Great breakfasts and lively conversations with the innkeepers! We look forward to a return visit!
Cliff & Maureen, Pittsburgh, PA

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2007

We planned to stay on Maple Street during a week-long class reunion and visit with family and friends, and this turned out to be a wonderful place to call home away from home. So comfortable, so inviting, so safe and scenic, beautifully decorated, and only a few steps from Main Street, we hope to go back just "because." Jay, Sharon and family could not have been more accomodating. The food was really delicious and all homemade. Our room was very comfortable with a bed possibly better than our own. The large and quaint bathroom was fully modern, too. My second-floor window looked out to a lighted blue spruce. Port Allegany is small and quiet-- not really much to do-- but the walking is wonderful, the people really friendly, and if you can stay on Maple Street you should make the trip.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2007

My wife and I had to make an uexpected trip to Kane, Pennsylvania and were having trouble finding a place to stay. I discovered The Inn on Maple Street using an internet search. It is located about 35 miles from Kane but the pictures looked great. I contacted Jay first via their website and later phoned him. He and his wife Sharen were truly gracious hosts and the room (The Magnolia) was tastefully decorated and very comfortable. The drive up at this time of year took us right through the changing colors. Jay had provided me with a routing that kept me mostly on 4 lane highways.

The first night there Jay even recommended a very nice restaurant located just 2 miles from their B&B. If we are ever up this way again we would certainly plan on trying to stay here.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Inn on Maple Street Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!