“Snow Day Breakfast”

Jubilee Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Pocono Pines
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: The Jubilee Restaurant is a casual restaurant located in the Pocono Mountains. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week. There is a restaurant, pub and outdoor seating on the stone patio with fireplace. For over Four Decades the Jubilee has serving up good hearty food, from our delicious Breakfast Platters served 7 a.M. - 3 P.M. Daily, to Crisp Paninis and Fresh Salads for Lunch and BBQ Ribs & Chicken and Pasta Platters for Dinner, we have something for everyone. Our award winning wings are served on Thursday and Sunday Nights with a choice of 11+ flavors. In the rear of the restaurant is a Pub with multiple screens to watch your favorite sport plus pool table and dart boards. Enjoy lunch or dinner in the Pub along with your favorite beverage. Live Music Friday & Saturday Nights. Take out beer available as well. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night Fun...We've got it all here at the Jubilee Restaurant in the Heart of the Pocono Mountains.
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We were looking to get a hearty breakfast after a couple hours of shoveling snow and we were not disappointed! The breakfast burrito was delish! The service was great too!

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Jubilee for about six years. Breakfast is always good, lunch is not bad, but dinner is not a specialty of theirs.
I went the other night with a friend. Our waitress was always smiling but it didn't seem genuine. My friend got a burger and fries, which he said was ok. I ordered the crispy honey chicken which was greasy with little meat and not as scrumptious as the menu described. I keep hoping the dinners get better, but I am always underwhelmed.

3  Thank sambenina
Reviewed November 28, 2013

All the food was very good. I had a Burger and the french onion soup. My one critique Of the soup is that they should put more onions in the soup but it was very tasty. My burger was cooked perfect. My wifes shrimp and cajun chicken alfredo was very good as well.

1  Thank ironmann1013
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Last night we were in the mood for some wings, now normally we get them from
"Cluck U Chicken" but this night we decided to go out to a sit down family restaurant. I heard a few of my co-workers talk about how good the wings are here and what a great place this was.
these wings were terrible they tasted old and precooked from days before. we asked our waitress if they cooked them fresh, she said yes but somehow she was not all that convincing and from that moment on she seemed to have a bigger attitude than she started with.as far as the restaurant the décor is out dated and filthy and there are spider webs all over hanging on all the light fixtures, walls and celling fans. it seems to me that the owners are more concerned about profits instead of customer satisfaction. The one thing they have in their favor is there is no competition. If a decent restaurant opened up in the Poconos, Jubilee would have to close its doors and Gordon Ramsay could show up here and do an episode of Kitchen Nightmares without a problem.

2  Thank Rose D
vvg, Guest Relations Manager at Jubilee Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

I appreciate that you’ve taken to time to let us know the issues you've encountered. We apologize for your recent experience at the restaurant and would like you to know that we do care about our customer's experience. We wouldn’t still be in business after 45 years if we didn’t care.

We use fresh, never frozen jumbo wings. They are oven baked prior to frying them to order. We find this to be the best way to get a consistently crisp wing, keep our fryers cleaner and to avoid having to handle 800 lbs. of raw chicken in the 5 hour time span of a wing night. It’s how we’ve served them for 19 years and is how many restaurants prepare their wings. In fact, the wings we served at the Pocono Wing Off, where we received 3 awards, were prepared in the same manner. We currently only serve wings 2 nights a week, so wings are prepped for those nights only and are not hanging around getting old. It’s possible that your wings were overcooked, but they certainly were not old.

The decor I suppose it is a matter of taste. We remodeled the dining room 4 years ago with brand new furniture, booths and carpeting for a casual mountain look. The lighting still needs to be updated, but the rest of the dining rooms have been remodeled. I will address your cleanliness issue with the wait and bus staff to ensure they are maintaining the dining room to our standards. This time of year spiders tend to find their way inside and they are quick to build their webs. We have since inspected the dining room and did not find an excess of cob webs and will continue to be diligent in removing them. If you could please tell me a little more about the waitress I will be able to address any issues you had with the service. I’ve sent you a private message where you can respond.

We had a food safety inspection less than 7 days ago and passed with flying colors so your comments about Kitchen Nightmares is completely unfounded. We simply had an off night during your visit and would like to invite you to return to try us again so you can experience what your co-workers had raved about.

Again, I do apologize for your experience and hope that you return to visit us again.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere, service and quality of food are what you can expect from Vangilder's Jubilee Restaurant. A great restaurant with a pub attached. They are known in the area to have the best wings. Also as their motto states you walk in and roll out from the generous portions.

1  Thank Troy G