“Great coffee shop!”

Mountaintop Lodge at Lake Naomi
Ranked #1 of 1 Pocono Pines B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 23, 2014

After a day of lounging around, shopping and eating, my friends and I decided to check out the Mountaintop Lodge. We were staying nearby (within 2 miles) and just realized that the sign outside of the Lodge said "Coffee and Pastry Shop". We thought that we would stop in for a quick cup of coffee, so we could sit around and decide what we were going to do next. The parking was very easy, and we had to walk across the beautiful porch to get to the coffee shop door. The second we walked in, we were greeted by a very friendly woman. The coffee shop is so cute - not like Starbucks, but delicious coffee choices ( I got the best cappuccino ever) with a glass cabinet filled with delicious-looking pastries. Muffins, croissants, bread pudding, carrot cake, brownies, crumb cakes, and specialty breads. Everything looked very fresh. We picked 2 different items, and one of our group got soup, which was served with a roll. That was delicious. Everyone got a different kind of coffee drink, and the two woman helping us were so pleasant and interesting. They answered all of our questions, talked to us about the area, explained all about the association of the Lodge with Lake Naomi, and it was a really nice conversation. We all sat down at one of the tables in the very nice room behind the coffee shop, and had a great time, eating and talking. One of the woman we were talking to, Carolyn, was a great source of information and we all enjoyed talking with her. She was not in a rush, and didn't rush us, even telling us that we were welcome to sit and enjoy our food for as long as we needed. She told us about the Lodge, offered for us to see the rooms, gave us prices, etc. She was very nice and a great representative for Mountaintop. We all can't wait to come back again, next time we want a great cup of coffee and a place to sit and talk. Thank you to Carolyn for all the time she spent with our group.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank jerseygirl047
There are newer reviews for Mountaintop Lodge at Lake Naomi

Reviewed March 19, 2014

What a wonderful weekend spent at the Mountaintop Lodge. The manager Carolyn was so warm and accommodating that we felt as if we were leaving a friend when it was time to check out. The lodge was renovated recently and has a nice cafe where you can get a great breakfast.. I will definitely keep this little gem in mind if I head back to the Poconos. Thanks again Carolyn!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2014

It takes one person to spoil our vacation. Christina at the front desk is a vindictive person; scum of the earth. My wife was locked out at 6:30pm on a Sunday night with a wind chill factor of 10 degree F. She had an emergency and had to use the facilities. Christina saw my wife banging on the door but she slipped into her office without opening the door. We had to get security to open the door. When security finally arrived Christina casually opens the door. I would report her to management but I thought my posting on Yelp.com would be more effective.

I am talking about the tall, skinny, middle aged white lady with black hair at the front desk.

Yes, everything was great at Mountaintop Lodge but this one person. I am totally turned off and I will not return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
20  Thank F P
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My family members stayed at the Mountaintop Lodge for New Year's Eve 2013/2014. The owners have done an amazing job renovating the facilities to create a warm, comfortable environment for travelers! It's truly a unique experience for the area. Of note, all hotel guests have use of the Lake Naomi facilities - which operate year-round. Plus, on-site breakfast at the lodge is invaluable given the lack of selection in the area. Highly recommend for friends and family of those with homes in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights - December 29 & 30. Stayed one night in a 2-BR with fireplace and one night in a cabin with King bed, fireplace, and jacuzzi.

We loved our stay. It was so cozy and a perfect place to come "home" to after skiing and snowtubing. Loved the fireplaces, which ended each day so wonderfully. The beds were very comfortable - we slept so well each night.

The breakfast was always so good - abundant and delicious! Lots of fresh fruits, which we loved alongside the eggs benedict and other options. I was very surprised that they had wheat/egg-free potato pancakes that they whipped up for one of my children with wheat and egg allergies. I had not even remembered listing his allergies, but they were ready each morning with hot food that he could have--something that is a rarity, esp. outside of NYC. (And the potato pancakes were a favorite of all of us!)

The hosts and everyone we encountered were so kind and helpful. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay and definitely plan to return!

Room Tip: 2 BR was great for family of 4 - small/cozy. The King/Jacuzzi/fireplace cabin was also great for th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EmilyNYC
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to stay in Lake Naomi since we were there to look for a winter house in that town. This was the perfect B&B for us. Check in was on the slow side but I realized that everyone there moves slow. It's a different way of life than I'm used to here in NYC. The place was very clean. This was my biggest concern. We were in room 7. It was adorable. There was a fireplace, making the room extra cozy. My only complaint is that the bathroom is huge and the room is small. I feel like te space could've been divided better. The bed was actually super comfortable. We had breakfast in the dining room in the morning. I had the baked eggs with cream, spinach and cheese with sausage. My boyfriend had a veggie omelet. They also gave us fresh fruit and croissants plus juice and coffee. Everything was great. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank LuxeGirlNYC
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed in one of the cabins for this late October weekend. Overall, it was a great experience and we'd return, although probably not for that price, this time of year (off-season, really, as foliage way past peak - we think they should do as most places, as have different prices for different times of year).

First, the plusses:
- The cabin itself was charming, clean, nice big Jacuzzi, big fluffy towels
- The place held the heat amazingly well (it was a COLD fall weekend, and we didn't even need the heat that was on when we arrived, the whole rest of the weekend, the electric fireplace did the trick)
- The breakfasts were absolutely delicious, and enormous, hard to believe what the previous reviewer said, wasn't our experience at all, either about quality or quantity
- We were never charged for our coffees, only if we bought anything extra from the pastry shop, which we'd expect
- Bottles of water and cookies in our room upon arrival
- Carolyn, who we met on Sun. as she was just back from a vacation, was very friendly and interested to hear our feedback
- We loved the places we found to hike nearby; the nature area off Rt. 115, and Hickory Run State Park
- Lovely craft shop nearby with pottery and jewelry

Minuses
-When we arrived, no-one was at the desk, we could see to the person at the pastry shop and she could see us, but she didn't call out to us that she'd be with us shortly, so we weren't sure whether she was the person to help us. We waited a couple minutes, then walked back to the shop, and it was only when I said to my husband that maybe we should walk over to the cabin and we'd find instructions, that she told us she'd be with us as soon as she finished with the people in the shop. When she did come help us tho', she was perfectly friendly and helpful. We later learned that Carolyn who manages the place was away, so I'm sure this young woman had her hands quite full.
- We'd suggest a bit better lighting for reading and an extra wastebasket beside the one in the bathroom, but those were minor details.
- We didn't end up using the club amenities. When we first arrived, after having our pictures taken for i.d. cards, we thought we'd get a lay of the land and check out both the community center and the club restaurant. The pool and gym at the community center looked great and it was a very quick drive to get to them; we just preferred getting our exercise in the outdoors as long as weather allowed. We were very disappointed, tho', by the club restaurant; we were treated so poorly that we decided not to dine there after all. Although we immediately and clearly stated that we were just checking the place out for later (we were in jeans and sweatshirts), the woman without even saying hello and without a smile, told my husband to take off his hat and started rattling off the dress code, which included a "collared shirt" for my husband, and no logos. We'd brought nice clothes with us but it so happened his shirt was not collared - he's worn it to very nice restaurants in Center City Philly. Perhaps they would have allowed it had we decided to argue it, but we chose not to, as we no longer cared to dine there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Lake Harmony
The French Manor Inn and Spa
The French Manor Inn and Spa
#1 of 2 in South Sterling

Been to Mountaintop Lodge at Lake Naomi? Share your experiences!