“A Great Time in the Snow”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Our stay at Pocono Manor Inn can only be described as excellent and a lot of fun. The continuous snowfall greatly contributed to the great family atmosphere and cozy hospitality we received during our stay. All the staff was very helpful. From the friendly waitstaff to the knowledgable outdoors experts any request was met with enthusiasm and interest. My daughter and I found a great place for some winter activity during her vacation. Snowtubing at Camelback, snowmobiling, ice skating and dogsleding to name a few and swimming , pool, ping pong and a movie theater to boot in the evening.. We can't wait to visit again in the spring when the golf courses and other warm weather activities are countless in the region. Don't miss out on this gem of the Pocono's.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2010

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and the weather cooperated so you were able to enjoy the winter activities. We do hope you will visit with us again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

We came to the Inn at Pocono Manor for one reason - my parents were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary! They did not want a party so we decided to celebrate this wonderful event by taking them back to the Pocono Manor Inn - where they stayed on their honeymoon 50 years ago!!! We were a small family group staying for the weekend and my parents were SOOOO excited to be going back with all of us!.

I was very pleased with the hotel. It was warm and inviting but I have to say it's the people who work there that really make this place shine! From the moment you arrive you are greeted with smiles and a real desire to give you whatever you need to make your stay more comfortable. I wish I could remember everyone by name because all staff were courteous, helpful and friendly but a few who really stood out were Kesley at the front desk, Amy, Anthony, Dante and Stephania in the lounge, and even the maintenance people (think his name was Jerry??) smiled and said hello to you as you passed and made sure you had everything you needed.

We stayed in the main lodge building. The rooms were large. My only question here is why only two room types??? You have a choice of a room with one queen sized bed, or a room with two double beds. If the rooms are large enough, I wish they would consider putting two queens in them rather than doubles. It would be so much more comfortable!!!

My only complaint about the weekend was the dinner service in "The Exchange" restaurant. The weather the entire weekend was cold, windy and rainy - a typical Nor'easter. I had made dinner reservations for our group weeks in advance, looking forward to an upscale, relaxed dining experience to celebrate the 50th anniversary in a respectful, appropriate manner. I had watched the video of "The Exchange" posted on the resort's website and was quite impressed. The movie showed a dimly lit, inviting dining room with a large menu of wonderful dining options to choose from along with the appropriate wine pairings, and it seemed like it would be perfect for the occasion. It seems that the only dining room they opened for this weekend was "The Exchange" and because of the nasty weather, most hotel guests chose to stay in. We had a 7PM reservation and were seated right away. The problem was that the dining room was crowded and there was only ONE employee to hand out menus, take orders, deliver drinks and wine, serve food and clean plates. This woman, which was put into this situation through no fault of her own, was simply OVERWHELMED!!!! She hurried from one table to the next, huffing and pufiing, never smiling, just doing what she had to do so that she could get to all of the other tables. Our group was 10 people, there was a family reunion group of 25 already seated, in addition to all of the other families and couples who were coming to eat their dinner. The menu was NOT their full menu. We were only given 4-5 paper menus to look through for our entire group. There were two "specials" listed, but were not explained on the menu, and we needed to wait for the waitress to finally get back to us just to let us know what those choices were. What I hoped would be a relaxing, pleasant, upscale dinner meal to celebrate my parents anniversary was instead a waiting game, with my mom upset, commenting on how hard this lady was working, trying to keep everyone satisfied without any other help. It was nerve wracking, not relaxing. I paid alot of money treating all my family to dinner and no one enjoyed themselves. It was unpleasant to say the least. Finally , towards the end of our meal another young girl showed up to give the waitress a hand. She was very nice and tried to act calm (something that the other poor woman was NOT!!) but the damage was already done. We couldn't wait to get out of there!

We told employees and a manager about the upsetting meal we had. They said they were sorry that we were not happy and it ended there.

Other than that bad experience, the rest of the weekend was pleasant. It made my parents happy to be able to go back again, and the friendly employees really made us feel at home. Managment needs to realize that especially in bad weather, they need to plan ahead to put enough staff on the schedule to accomodate all those people who choose to stay and eat in the hotel. A relaxing meal is not too much to ask for!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2010

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! I am so glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. However, I am very disappointed about your dinner experience. I assure that I will handle this immediately with my F&B team. We do hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2010

Great place to go for a weekend get away.
When we arrived staff greeeted us with a smile and were very friendly, and helpful. The hotel overall was great, breakfast was delicious . The pool was a nice size and the area surrounding it was kept very clean. The room was very clean and in good condition, i had no complaints about this hotel. I would stay t this hotel again and again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying at in The Inn at Pocono Manor and sharing your experience. We do hope you will visit with us again soon!

Reviewed March 7, 2010

i reserved a group of 13 rooms for family and friends. Everyone arrived at different times. At the booking of the reservation we were told that we would all be in the same building however they had us split up between three different buildings. The room they originally assigned to my husband and I was across the street from the main building (The Spruce Bldg). Once we made it up two and a half flight of outside stairs we then had to do another two flight of stairs (NO ELEVATORS). We arrived at the room and as soon as we opened the door I was smacked in the face with the poignant smell of CIGARETTE SMOKE!! The front desk did change our room(after about 30 minutes) to the main building. The rooms in the Spruce bldg were horrible!! The beds were very sunken and the room was VERY OLD. The bathroom was dirty (you would not want to shower in there). My family members had some of the same problems. We were all told we could get rooms with double beds but that didn't happen. The gym facilities were not open when told they would be. We were not able to get addt'l wash clothes b/c they said housekeeping is not in the bldg until 8am. We were told they don't give out towels and wash clothes on Sunday and they were completely out. A few times housekeeping entered the room without waiting after knocking. The staff was NOT friendly and did not apologize for inconveniences.

If you are looking for cleanliness and service DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Via604
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2010

Thank you for visiting with us at The Pocono Manor. I do regret that you were unhappy with your stay. All guest feedback is shared with the staff and used for training purposes.

Reviewed March 3, 2010

Check in was at 4 yet we were not allowed to check in till after 4.45pm because the manager decided it would be a great idea to allow everyone in the hotel to have a super late check out. Upon arriving the lobby was packed, wall to wall, with tour groups that were lounging around waiting to get on their buses. There was no consideration for any of the guests that were going to be checking in. We were told we could wait in the bar and get a drink, on us, not on the house. There was no compensation for the late check in.

We were not happy about having to wait way past check in while getting bumped around by the crowds and listening to their yelling and swearing for nearly an hour. Upon expressing my displeasure at not having a room and explaining that there was a function at the hotel at 5 that we were a part of and needed to shower and get ready for, the manager then argued with me that the function didn't start till 6.30. According to the invitation it started at 5. We also called our family member, the one who was paying for the function, to verify the start time. Yup, 5 o'clock and yet, still the manager argued with me. He really needs to find another job. The lack of concern for his displacement of arriving guests and his attitude showed that he did not care about us or our money.

While waiting, there were other guests who were also told that there room was not ready and that they could not check in till later. The front desk staff did their best and were extremely polite and nice during the whole transaction. It's just unfortunate that they would have to work for a man that doesn't care about them or the guests and would put them in this situation to begin with.

We had 3 rooms between us and while they were clean they were far from nice. Run down and in desperate need of some updating would describe them the best. We had 2 beds in our room, the comforter on one bed had stains on it, along with the pillow on the other bed. We also had 2 bathrooms, which we thought was great. That is till we found out that you could not use the shower in one of them because it did not work. The shower in the other bathroom worked fine as long as you didn't mind standing in a puddle of water since it took forever to drain.

The comforter in another room was ripped and had holes in it and was so threadbare it was an embarrassment that they would actually use it. The chair also had some tears in it and looked dirty. You were worried about sitting in it. The furniture in the rooms were beat up and looked like they had seen better days about 10 years ago (or longer).

The smoking room came with no ashtrays, even after being told by the housekeeping staff that they would bring some, they never did. They have 1 ice machine in the whole building and it's like going on a treasure hunt to find it. Not that it mattered, it was broken anyway. Thankfully we were able to get some at the bar right before they closed down for the evening.

My husband and I thought the beds were comfortable, but the other members of our party didn't. Either we have different tastes in mattresses or maybe we had newer ones?

The food at the function varied. The ceaser salad was amazing. I really don't know what it was about it that made it so good, but I would have been happy with the huge bowl of it along with the roasted garlic bread and I would have died happy. The meatballs and sausage were also very good. The chicken parmesan, while good, tasted like the frozen kind and not fresh made. I did not have the lasagna and was not sure how it was. The steak pizzaiola was horrible. Tough and impossible to cut with just a fork. It should have been cooked in the sauce for at least a couple of more hours. The tortellini salad was blah and very bland.

The diet pepsis that were served by the hotel were expired back in December and tasted horrible. You were at a nice elegant function and yet they served them in plastic bottles. You had to ask for ice and this request was often met with a bit of an attitude. The waitress all walked around with a grumpy look on their face and it seemed that they would have rather been having a root canal then working.

The bar was dark and run down but the bartender was great. Very friendly and she made good drinks.

We had breakfast the next day which was good and hot. The menu was small, but seemed to have a bit of everything to choose from. Funny thing was the waitresses for breakfast were the same ones from the night before and they were so much nicer. Smiling, laughing and talking with us. Not sure why they were not like this the night before.

Over all, the staff was generally great (with the exception of the manager) but the rundown feel and conditions of the room and the check in process we went through left a bad taste in our mouths and we will not be going back there again, barring another function. Our family member, the one who had the function, had told us to stay down the road at another motel, a Comfort Inn I believe, said it was nicer and cheaper, but we wanted to stay here for the convenience. Guess we should have listened to her.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for visiting with us at The Inn at Pocono Manor. I regret you were unhappy with your stay and appreciate your time in sharing your feedback which will be shared with the staff for training purposes.

Reviewed March 1, 2010

Pulling up to the hotel I was excited, the staff was friendly and the grounds were pretty. However, the rooms were horrible. Small and very old - but not in a "quaint" kind of way. I was kept awake all weekend because you could hear EVERYTHING that was going on in the hotel. I could even hear the room next to us haning things on their hangers!!

We went to the spa which was OK, but the manager walked like an elephant. The entire time I was getting my facial and massage, I could hear her clip-clopping around in her heels and talking loudly (and not nicely) to her employees. My massuse was great and apologized for the distractions, but it wasn't very relaxing.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple

Thank you for visiting with us at The Manor. I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay. I only wish you had contacted us during your visit as I do believe we would have made a room change and addressed all of your concerns.

Reviewed February 25, 2010

We stayed here the second week of Feb 2010. When you pull up the first thing you see is a beautiful horse and carraige at the main entrance. We had a room in the main building that was very nicely decorated, up to date, and immaculate. The staff is very accomodating, friendly, and helpful. We've stayed in some of the nicest, priciest hotels around and I can tell you that the staff here exceeded my experience at virtually every one of those hotels. Food was very good. Nice bar with live music on Fri. and Sat. night. They have a movie theather that even takes movie requests. The staff offered to play a movie of my choice. Snowmobile and ATV rentals are less than 1/4 mile from the entrance. We did both and it was awesome. Hands down, if you're looking for reasonably priced place to stay and want a great time look no further.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends

Thank you for visiting with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately, unhappy guests are more likely to share their experience than happy ones. For everyone negative review, we have hundreds of happy guests! I truly appreciate your time and consideration and hope you will visit with us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!