“Awesome time at the charming Inn at Pocono Manor”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Stayed here with a bunch of friends for a weekend getaway and had an awesome time. The hotel is over a century old and full of charm! We stayed in a suite which was very spacious and other rooms were decent in size. There are alot of lounge areas, a bar and a cool poker room/library. The views were amazing and exactly what we needed coming from NYC. They even had a theater which, sadly, we weren't able to take advantage of as there is just so much outdoor activities available around, including golfing, ATVs, horseback riding, fishing, etc. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant, The Exchange, and their steak was great! The wings at the bar is a MUST-try! The hotel staff couldn't have been anymore accomodating. Also had a massage at Laurel Spa which was fantastic! I will definitely go back. I'd recommend this place for anyone seeking a quick and relaxing weekend!

1  Thank misspintsize
MgmtPMI, Director of Operations at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2009

Thank you for visiting with us at The Pocono Manor and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Its always great to learn of our guest's experiences. We do hope that you will visit with us again - with each change of season, there are new and different things to do at our Resort and in the region. And I would have to agree with wings - our guests love them (so do I)!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,515)

Reviewed August 3, 2009

My friend and I arrived in the evening of Friday, July 29 and planned on checking out on Sunday, August 2. We had high expectations for a "5 diamond AAA rated" resort. The staff was generally unfriendly. We were checked into Room 773 in "Spruce", a VERY long walk up dozens of stairs, and then two more flights of stairs once we got into the building.
The whole building smells of stale smoke and hospital disinfectant. Our room had the previous guests' garbage, old food, and dirty clothes left in our room. There was somebody's hair in and on the sink, and the floor around the toilet was spattered with urine. The edges of the carpet were dusty and dirty (see my pictures). We called down to the front desk and asked to be moved. They seemed annoyed as if we were asking for something above and beyond (a clean room). Unfortunately, we were moved to a room with only one bed. We needed two beds. When we went back to the front desk, not only was the girl irritated with us, she informed us that there were no room type guarantees. No other rooms were available because the hotel was fully booked. We asked that she send us back to our original room (773) and just have it cleaned. In the meantime, my friend and I would go eat our included dinner.
The food was terrible and the waitress was rude. The food tasted like it was either from a can or a prepackaged, frozen TV dinner. I am sure that the mashed potatoes were instant, from a box.
Back in our room, the garbage, old food, and dirty laundry had been removed. However, the bathroom was still disgusting and in deplorable condition. The sheets appeared to have been changed after a very close inspection of both beds.
The following morning at breakfast, also included, most of the wait staff seemed annoyed that my friend and I arrived 15 minuted before the buffet ended at 9:00am. We grabbed what we could eat before it was cleaned up and removed. I had to ask for coffee. There is no room service.
We spent most of Saturday at the pool. In the afternoon, we noted that our room had, again, not been cleaned, no fresh towels, trash not emptied. We informed the front desk to please have the maid clean our room while we went shopping at the nearby outlet stores. When we got back to our room, the maid had left a note explaining that the rooms in "Spruce" are only cleaned on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have scanned the actual note and included it with the pictures. I guess this explains why the room wasn't clean when we arrived on Friday night. At least the maid left fresh towels and made the bed.
There is nothing good about this place. The food is bad. The staff is rude and just doesn't care. I wouldn't go back even if it were free. I have traveled extensively within this country and outside this country. This is the worst hotel I could have ever imagined.
Make sure you look at my pictures. SHAME ON THE HOTEL OWNERS AND MANAGEMENT. I am also going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank BradfromNewmarket
MgmtPMI, Director of Operations at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2009

I am so sorry to hear of your disappointing experience with us. I would to address the confusion with our AAA rating. On our website and our print publications, our rating is shown as 2 Star for AAA and 3 Diamond for Mobil. We have never stated to be a 5 star property.

Unfortuantely, we seemed to have disappointed you at every turn. As our other reviews show, this is not our standard as we are known for our warm friendly service and excellent food.

We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and I invite you to contact me directly and to visit again, as my personal guest. I am confident you will see the Pocono Manor standards and service for which are known. Cbrush@poconomanor.com

Reviewed August 2, 2009

My husband and I had a wonderful weekend at the hotel. It was very relaxing. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, Director of Operations at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2009

Thank you for sharing your experience with The Manor on Trip Advisor. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and also hope you will return again soon. Summer is a great time to visit as well as Fall, Winter & Spring. We have a variety of activities for every season!

Reviewed July 31, 2009

After reading some of the reviews I was a bit wary of this little getaway I had. I went with a group of friends and we couldn't have had a better time. The entire time we were there the staff could not have been nicer. Anything we need was taken care of with no problems. The hotel was old but nice. We all enjoyed beautiful scenery while horseback riding and riding the ATV's. Our last day was spent relaxing at the pool catching some sun. Good friends, good place, good times.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and hope that we will have the pleasure of your return. Every season is a great season to visit as we have a variety of activities throughout the year.

Reviewed July 24, 2009

A group of our friends went to the Poconos the other weekend for a quick weekend jaunt of boozing and relaxing--oh yeah and some pretty sweet mountain time activity fun . . . first of all the location is spectacularly beautiful and the hotel sits on over 3000 acres of land so you feel pretty isolated. The hotel itself is amazing. It's a massive low structure that sprawls out in all directions and feels carved into the mountainside. As we arrived on Friday night the rain poured down and the resemblance to the hotel from the Shining became VERY apparent. The desk agent was gracious and all too happy to play along with the haunted house feel of the place informing us that our room was once piled high with corpses. The decor is totally charming and completely frozen in different periods of time; patterned wallpaper lines the miles of walls, lounges adorned with huge plush leather furniture, 6 foot fireplaces around every corner, wall to wall (also patterned) and seemingly flame-retardant carpeting as far as the eye can see; an old-fashioned game room; library; wood-paneled bar serving great buffalo wings; a sweet pool; and on site activities like horseback riding, golf and ATV riding. This place RULES! Bottom line. The company definitely helps as we rolled in there 8 deep. We made quite a bit of noise but nobody complained even when we went drunkenly ghost hunting at three in the morning (sorry!). Take your friends, take your families and definitely do the ATV trail!!!!!!!

Mark and Joanna

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
MgmtPMI, Director of Operations at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2009

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Its sounds like you had a wonderful time! Please do visit us again - as the seasons change so do the activities. Winter brings nearby skiing, on site snowmobiling and dogsledding!

Reviewed July 13, 2009

Reserved a room in the towers for the 4th of july when we arrived at 7 pm we were told that all the tower rooms were gone. the young lady told us it was first come first serve. . did not want to argue so we took the room they gave us was given room 103 not too far from the lounge and i can see why they give this room out last. you can hear the band playing very clearly and if you go to sleep before midnight you can forget about sleeping hotel was full so there was no changing rooms.. when we checked out i complained about it and the girl at the front desk reduced our rate by 30% for the last night we stayed. i thanked her but i really think we should have gotten 1 of the 2 nights free..if not both free. beware of rooms 101 103 105. if you want to sleep. its a shame because this hotel otherwise was a nice place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, Director of Operations at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2009

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your accommodations. Often times guests may not checkout as scheduled, which can cause a problem for an arriving guest for that room which I believe is the reason for your inconvenience. With a busy sold out weekend, I am happy that we were able to offer you a financial concession. I do hope you will visit us again. If so, please contact me directly and I will personally attend to your arrangements. lgreen@Poconomanor.com

Reviewed July 7, 2009

We recently spent two nights at the Inn at Pocono Manor. Aside from the fact that the weather was spectacular, the Inn itself was fantastic.
The staff was exceptional, the food was delicious, the beer was good! Although there were plenty of activities we didn't have a chance to try them all. Golf courses were challenging...shopping was fun; we didn't get to try out the outside pool but plenty of people were taking advantage of it. I can't wait to go back to try the dog sledding out!
The Inn has a great history and walking through the building you can certainly feel the glamourous days gone by.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
MgmtPMI, Director of Operations at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2009

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Inn at Pocono Manor!! We are so very glad your stay was enjoyable and do hope that we will see you again so that you may take advantage of our other many amenities.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!