“Better than expected”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Being a Hilton and Marriott Gold member, I was initially reluctant about booking our stay at the hotel. The lobby is a bit dated. However, the rooms were not and were quite clean. The beds and bedding were very comfortable. Most amenities (horses, gold, ATVs) all are additional, so this can add up. The outside pool water is not heated, and so no one was swimming during the weekend as the temps were in the 50s during the evening. There is minimal options for snacks or continental breakfast foods. We found ourselves driving do0wn the road a few miles to a Dunkin Doughnuts each morning for breakfast. We enjoyed the walking trails though the yellow trials could use an improvement in signage.

An added plus was that we were able to open the room windows and get some great country cool air.

Room Tip: Advice: Request a room with a view of the mountain and valley in the main building else you will be...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TRUBLU5
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your recent stay with us! All of our mattresses and bedding are brand new with our renovations! I’m happy you were able to take advantage of the beautiful Pocono Mountains and take in the fresh air! Take Care .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,508)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a fantastic time. The accommodations were clean and very comfortable, and the staff couldn't do more to assure we were having a great time. The entire Pocono Manor venue was perfect. We started with drinks out by the outdoor pool bar, and then moved indoors for our private room family dinner........needless to say the service was awesome.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very comfortable. Thighs is not the first time I stayed here and I intend to come...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

It’s wonderful to hear that we were able to accommodate your family’s reunion! I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff that took part in making this event a spectacular one. I hope to see that your family has chosen our property for your next reunion! Take care and thank you again!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the inn.. The pool needed a bit more cleaning, and the door to the room had to be slammed shut to ensure fully closing. There is a lot to do at the hotel and the staff was very friendly.. I would return but i wouldnt eat at the casual restaurant since I had to return my food for being really undercooked.

• Stayed: August 2014
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Hi Jessica! We are just thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Inn & all the activities we have. We do appreciate all of your feedback & I will be sure to share it with our management team as opportunities to improve our guests experiences. We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Our vacations was saved by the front desk girl who was able to switch our room to stay for 2 nights like I had booked. Apparently, the second night did not get booked like I had assumed. Fortunately, they were able to accommodate my husband and I even though the hotel was practically all booked up due to 3 weddings and several family reunions. We were very lucky and the front desk girl was very patient and took her time to accommodate in the same building as we had requested. All in all, it was a nice stay. We probably would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Everybody2

I am thrilled to hear our Front Desk Agent was able to accommodate your stay! I will pass along the great review to our Front Office Manager, Tracy-Lynn. I know she will be just as happy as I am that her staff is accommodating guests to ensure their stay is a pleasant one! Thank you for the wonderful review!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed at the Inn for the first time last year and had a wonderful time. I plan on returning at least once a year. The staff is so accommodating and pleasant. Breakfast was fabulous. I stayed in room 338 which was very nice. I love the old pictures and history of the inn. Also, love taking a long walk and enjoying nature. The only down side is the outside pool is not heated and is mostly in the shade. I think more people would enjoy the pool if it was heated. But, I will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: I stayed in the main hotel and my room was definitely upgraded. Plus easy access to the dining room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you Lori for your review! It’s great to hear when a guest has enjoyed the property and decided to make us part of an annual trip! I’m sure your future stays will only get better! Thank you again!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This Inn was very pretty on the outside..once you step in and greet the very understaffed front desk agents..the patients start to lessen. There were so busy one agent forgot to mention the hold of $150.00 from my credit card due to possible incidentals which would of been ok when your made aware at least ! The best part would be the housekeeping staff actually left my room unlocked and cracked open for about 7 hours..... imagine my face after calling security and scanning for any stolen or lost items. My children loved the movie room and enjoyed the indoor pool ..even though it was mid july and the outdoor pool had not been cleaned in 24 hrs, even after asking someone to come service the area 45 mins later no avail only to be told the staff is very busy right now ;0(.. So in 80-90 weather our only option was the indoor pool . Its a shame there is so much potential but seriously lacking in enough staff to run the INN properly. But there is one person I ran into that offered me remarkable service was Patricia in the Breakfast buffett what a sweetheart who sold me on booking for christmas..... but as of right now im not really sure,. **And yes all of these issue were reported to staff from front desk all the way up to the general manager** =(

Room Tip: 587 seems like a good location near elevators
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Stephanie, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review. We welcome all feedback as it is always a helpful training tool. I’m happy to hear you had a great experience with Patricia! I’m disheartened to hear that all of our staff was not fully accommodating during your stay. Our Magical Fireside Christmas really is a great event for families with children; I hope you will give us a second chance. If you would like to email me directly about reservations for an upcoming stay, you may contact me directly at connect@poconomanor.com. I hope to hear from you!

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

When I booked this weekend I was under the assumption that I was going to get the nicely renovated rooms as shown on the website. Instead, we were put in the Spruce Lodge. Which would have been fine understanding that it is a historical inn, but, this is also the pet section. The room smelled really musty which I thought was from the air conditioning. They placed a stick on febreeze airfreshener on the entry door way because of obvious prior complaints of odor. But the next day I see people walking their dogs in and out of the building. My family has severe allergies to dog and cat. The hotel should ask these questions before placing customers in their room. I have talked to other people staying there who said the renovated rooms are beautiful with nice views, I wouldn't know. The grounds were nice with a lot to do. When I explained my situation at check out I was told "I'm sorry have a nice day". If the customer service would have been a little bit better I would have stayed again requesting a renovated room at check in but I felt like they didn't care. Probably won't be back :(

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank irishjcrntraveler

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that we were not able to accommodate you with a room in our Main Lodge. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly about your stay. I can be contacted at connect@poconomanor.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!