“Great Winter Stay with Our Dog”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Hello,
So I am an experienced traveler and do my research on the best options for places to stay. My girlfriend, our dog and myself planned a last minute trip to catch some night skiing and next day skiing at Camelback Mountain. We looked for the closest place that was dog friendly to stay for one night. There were cheaper and more basic options but the hotel staff is what made my mind up. I asked A LOT of questions, as is my researching nature. Lana Jackson at the hotel was very understanding and even happy to answer anything I was curious about. Upon arrival we were greeted with a special Doggy Bag, including treats, a dog magazine, and even a new dog toy! We were able to take our pup thru the lobby, to his first elevator ride and to the dog designated hall of rooms. Oh and the whole place is beautiful. From lobby fireplaces and couches to the lounge with live music and food and also all of the room was very clean. I expected a slight dog smell in the hall or at least in the room but it was clean, and no smell anywhere. ....
To make my long story longer...
We planned on snowboarding the next day but checkout was 11 (if I remember right)... we asked for a late checkout and both Shannon and Lauren at the front desk were very helpful and allowed us a 1pm check out.... As were racing out the door to get in as much riding as possible the girls said take your time, don't worry about anything till even a little past 1!
We got back about 1:30 and rushed in to make sure we got out asap and again the girls reminded us its ok, and to take our time.
They were all generous, and kind. The place was clean and beautiful.
A thank you again to Lana Jackson, Shannon and Lauren at the front desk for making our trip easy and enjoyable!

So why a 4 instead of a 5?... Well if I had to say anything not positive it would be that you have to pay for the buffet breakfast. We could have stayed in a cheaper place that included breakfast. Also, the parking was difficult, there just wasn't enough. But in fairness there was a lot of snow... but I had a jeep and just parked on a snow mound.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for your great review. We always strive for 5 stars but we happily will take a 4 star review. We do offer pet friendly main inn accommodations during the winter months but once we move into the spring season we open up our Spruce Lodge to our pet owners to enjoy. Even though we know we have a great front office staff it’s always wonderful to hear it from our guests. Thank you and we look forward to having

There are newer reviews for Pocono Manor Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We booked the romance in the mountains package which included the room, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, a 4 course dinner, breakfast and a 55 min couples massage. We did a lot of research for our very much needed night away and found this to be the best local deal. The inn is beautiful (an older historic style- do not expect it to look modern/chic) and the staff was very friendly. Our room was on the top floor, in the corner, and a mountain view room. The view was phenomenal! We were able to lay in bed and watch the sun rise in the morning. I absolutely recommend paying the few extra for the mountain view room. They were stuggling with their heating system the night we were there, but the maintenance staff was very helpful in checking on our system and bringing us a space heater. We stayed on a Thursday night so the inn was very quiet- almost like we had it all to ourselves. But they told us if you stay on a weekend it is a busy place. Take your pick! We wanted a relaxing getaway so the quiet was wonderful. Downside of it being empty and winter was that a lot of the amenities, especially sports related, were closed.. But again that was not our priority and is to be expected in the middle of March when everything is frozen. The food and drinks were fantastic. We started in the lounge on the terrace level (the bar on the main level was closed for the week for renovations) for drinks while we waited for the restaurant to open for dinner. The drinks were slightly pricey (but the only thing not included in our package) and were very good and the bartenders were very friendly. If you like sweeter drinks, I had the day spa martini and it was delicious. We then went to The Exchange near the main lobby for our 4 course dinner- if you have dinner included, do not eat earlier in the day! It is a lot of food and it was delicious! They have a great variety. I tend to be picky and not like fancy food but I enjoyed every bite or every course! I recommend eating here even if you don't book a package that includes it, it's worth it! We went back to our room because we felt like we were going to pop from all the food, and the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were waiting for us. Now as I said, I'm picky, so I don't like champagne.. We called ahead of time and they substituted for a blush wine instead. Delicious! We then just enjoyed our room and the amenities. My husband, who loves swimming, enjoyed their indoor pool and we poked our heads into the movie theater (bring your own DVDs if there's something you'd like to watch in the theater- their selection is limited and is a lot of children's movies). We also stopped into the arcade and played a round of pool. Back in our room, the bathroom/shower was clean/average but the bed was exceptionally comfortable!! The next morning, we enjoyed a full breakfast with a very friendly waitress who told us a lot about the history of the inn. Our breakfast was made to order off of a menu but if you stay on a weekend it's a buffet. Regardless, it was delicious. We checked out and went over to our couples massage at the spa and it was wonderful. It was my husbands first massage and he was a little nervous but after he was relaxed and felt much better (he was having a lot of muscle tension and pain before).. he said he is now willing to get another massage. We did take a walk down to the waterfall after our massage. It was beautiful but I recommend not doing it until the ice thaws, we were slipping all over the place- our own faults, but was part of the fun of it. In general, we enjoyed our stay. It was exactly what we needed- relaxing, beautiful, stress-free, everything all in one place, fun, friendly staff. We highly recommend it, especially if you go when it's a little warmer, there will be many activities to do!

• Stayed: March 2014

WOW there is not much more I can add to your review but say thank you. We shared this with all of our staff as we do for all reviews and yours brought many proud smiles. Again we say thank you and look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed here last December, and was immediately stunned by how charming and beautiful this hotel is, especially given the relatively cheap price! The lobby/ common rooms are decorated with comfy plush sofas, and there are more fireplaces than i can count. You can always find one, that will be all yours! Fires are lit every night as well.
The formal restaurant is superb.
There are so many activities- we went horse back riding in the snow, and had plans for area activities like snowtubing, as well as on site activities like iceskating and getting a couple's massage.
Unfortunately, a big snow storm cam through and we were snowed in, and the activities cancelled. However, the staff was wonderful and even gave us a deep discount on an extra night!
Our room was small, but that is how they were made back then, so i found it charming- the view of the mountains was like a postcard- and offered total privacy!
Pool is also nice, but wish there was an indoor hot tub.
I highly recommend this place and would definitely stay here again!
tip: lodge is top of pretty nasty unpaved road, so in winter it can be very sketchy.
tip #2: if you have little kids, don;t miss the Christmas activities- after being snowed in, Santa was still around to take pictures with, there were gingerbread houses the size of a playhouse, and you could even feed the reindeer carrots! it was very cute.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

I am extremely pleased by your comments. Our beautiful property has often been called “The Grand Dame of the Poconos” and I do agree our views are spectacular. It does seem ironic that falling snow can affect outdoor activities but it is true when you have so much of it. Our rooms are priced very competitively and offer great value. As I responded to a previous review we are still weighing the pros and cons of a hot tub. Stay tuned as we finalize a decision on the hot tub.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The staff is great. The restaurant is top notch and the breakfast buffet is like nothing else. Every fresh fruit to be had as well as hot and cold cereals and a mountain of bacon and sausage with eggs anyway you could imagine.. We had fun. Patricia was the friendliest person I have come across in years. What a nice person.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for your terrific review and I agree our dining room staff is top notch. We also pride ourselves in serving our guests fresh, wholesome, delicious and quality food whether you are eating in the Mountain View Dining Room, The Lamplighter Lounge or in our fine dining restaurant The Exchange.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

stayed for one night. checked in at 3:00, rooms weren't ready. only 1 elevator for the entire hotel and it took forever. I mean a line waiting just to go up the stairs. We couldn't wait any longer so we dragged all our luggage through the cold, dark, cement lined stairwell. The rooms are very clean, nice, but small and the walls are super thin. I actually heard the person next to us splashing around in the bathtub. we ate in the bar area. food was ok. fries were cold and we waited a long time for the food and it wasn't crowded. Also, the parking is awful. no spots, had to park on side of the road.

Over all, all I ask for in a hotel is that the beds are comfortable and clean and it certainly was. and very close to camelback.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

We are glad that overall your stay was a good one. Yes we are certainly close to Camelback. I checked with our chief engineer about whether either of our two newly refurbished elevators were out of service recently and no we have not had any issues with either elevator. There are however occasionally times where there is a high demand for those elevators but I do apologize that you had to carry your luggage up the stairwell. Fortunately Mother Nature is finally cooperating and our vast piles of snow have mostly melted and parking is no longer an issue.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Inn. The rooms were clean and the front desk was very helpful with directions and information on local restaurants. The kids loved the pool and it was only minutes away from the ski slopes. Also, we loved the breakfast buffet. There was a huge selection and the food was very good. The waitstaff was attentive, always refilling coffe and clearing our plates.
The one disappointment we had was the service in the restaurant by the bar. There were only three other tables occupied when we arrived and it took a long time for the waitress to come to our table. We were a party of eight and everyone received their meal at the same time, except for one person who ordered a burger and it didn't arrive until we had all finished our meals and the plates were being cleared. Meanwhile, another table came and ordered two burgers and there burgers were served before the person in our party got his. We complained and the manager came over to apologize saying, there was a mix-up. The whole time we were there, the manager and another server were just hanging out over to the side. We returned to the bar later after the pool and had a terrible time getting a drink. The bartender past me 4 times, I even called to him, without stopping. He was only going to clean glasses. The bar wasn't too busy and there were about six of us ready to hang out for while, but we left after the first drink because we couldn't get his attention to get a second one.
I would definately go back, but next time I won't eat in the bar. We didn't try the other restaurant there, we went for Hibachi instead.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

I’m very glad overall you really enjoyed your stay and that our staff and your morning breakfasts were delicious. I have discussed the service you received in the lounge with our management team and we are reviewing with the lounge staff our accepted practices and procedures. Thank you for your feedback and when you return please contact me so that I may greet you personally.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I took my 2 children and 2 friends and the overall stay was great. The one exception to our stay was the service at The Exchange. I was not under the impression that the restaurant was for fine dining which is great for a "couples retreat". Our daughter had ordered a ginger ale soda and she was served a vodka straight w/ a twist. I did not realize this until after she took a sip and described it as gross and burned her throat. I then took a sip and realized it was vodka! To my surprise I explained this to the server and she apologized for the confusion. Now I could have made a huge argument because my daughter is 10 yrs of age but I did not. So please be aware of the age limit in which you are servicing at The Exchange! Oh, also know that the cleaning service never serviced the 2 rooms in the Laurel Lodge that we stayed in during our trip!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and I’m not sure how your daughter came to be served a drink with alcohol in it. We are reviewing with management and staff our service policies to ensure this does not happen again. It is our rule to service occupied guest rooms every day unless a guest does not want servicing or there is a do not disturb sign hanging on their door. I’m not sure what happened in your case but we will review service procedures with our housekeeping department as well. I am glad that overall your stay was great and we do look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!