“Nice place to spend an anniversary!”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Lake Ariel
“Nice place to spend an anniversary!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We began our stay with dinner at The Exchange Restaurant which was very nice. We had a good dinner there and ended it with a huge piece of red velvet cake which was delicious!! We only did an overnight stay but wish we had stayed longer to enjoy the resort more but we did have time to catch a movie at the theatre after dinner. Our room on the 3rd floor was at the corner of the building and had 2 big windows with an amazing view of the mountains. In the morning we could see the spectacular sunrise from our bed. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The bathroom was clean but could have been larger and a little bit more updated. Only one of us at a time could fit in there and there was no counter space to put our toiletries. I wondered why all that space was taken up for a walk in closet instead of expanding the bathroom area but I guess it has to do with it being an old historical building. Also 2 lamps were not working in the room. They sent someone up for repairs while we were out but they seemed to only fix one lamp. The one at the side of the bed was not fixed at all and the floor lamp that they did fix flashed annoyingly when it was turned off so we had to end up pulling the plug anyway. My other complaint is why is it taking so long to repair the elevator? It wasn't too much of a problem for us since we had a midweek stay, but I imagine on the weekends it could be a big problem. The buffet breakfast that was included in our rate was just ok. I expected more of a fresh country style type breakfast than one that you would find at a Holiday Inn Express. Eggs tasted like they were precooked or from a powder mix. Pancakes a bit tough. After I had finished eating I heard the man at the next table order an omelet. If I had known this was possible I would have done that also but there was no sign stating that you could put in a special order. I guess they don't really like to do that so what you don't know is better for them. I recommend not getting the breakfast included rate. It's more expensive to get it included in your stay than to just stop in the restaurant and pay the $12. Also, there are better places around the area where you can go and have a nicer breakfast. Even with all the problems we had a nice stay and would recommend it for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your review with regard to your recent stay. I’m pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us here at The Inn at Pocono Manor. Each department needs to work together in order to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible. It seems as though that they did succeed. I appreciate your review and hope to hear of future experiences that you have with us here at The Inn at Pocono Manor!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent Labor Day weekend at The Inn @ Pocono Manor and cannot believe how this place has changed for the worse! First of all, my boyfriend made the reservation for a standard room with a queen bed and when we arrived, we were given a room with double-beds at their other division "The Spruce Lodge", which was horrible! When he contacted the front desk he was told that due to a wedding all the rooms with queen beds were booked. The room was dirty (which Thank Goodness we brought Clorox wipes and cleaned!), it smelled musty, the tV was not working and the closet smelled of wet dog! To my surprise, I found out DOGS were actually staying in the rooms with their owners. Apparently, dogs are permited in this place! It looked and sounded like a dog pound! We went there to relax and spend a nice quiet, romantic getaway and all we heard was howling & barking. If you are looking for a quiet, clean place to relax.....The Inn @ Pocono Manor is NOT the place! I WILL NOT go there again!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leonor R
Thank you for your review. I apologize that our staff was negligent toward your reservation. Under NO circumstances should ANY of our guests be moved at the mercy of another. Our pet friendly rooms are located in Spruce Lodge and every guest that is booked there should be informed at the time of booking. It’s quite apparent that our Front Desk team did not follow procedure and I am genuinely sorry. I will be sure to find out where the problem began and correct it immediately.

Travelers are raving about these Pocono Manor hotels

New York
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 days at this beautiful resort. Being that the inn is historic, they did their best to modernize the building without disturbing the quaintness. Although my husband & I usually choose the stairs over the elevator, it was almost not an option considering there was only 1 functioning during our stay. Since we were only on the 3rd floor, it was not a problem for us. The room was beautifully furnished and the bathroom was completely modernized, however, the walls were so thin that we could hear the man snoring next door. The food was delicous and the wait staff was courteous, however, the tablecloths were not ironed. The property was beautifully landscaped and well kept. We enjoyed walking the property and the area. I was not too happy with the gym at the resort, although my husband thought it was great. There were just a few small issues that could make this resort an exceptional 5 Star property. We would definitely go back and hope that our suggestions were noticed by management.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our elevators have been undergoing a complete renovation for the safety and convenience of our guests. I apologize that we do only have one elevator, but the second will be completed in no time! I will pass all of your comments on to the appropriate departments. Thank you for staying with us here at The Inn at Pocono Manor and I hope you return in the future!
Huber Heights, Ohio
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I enjoyed my stay very much. Our room had a great view of the mountains. The bed was so comfortable, I slept like a baby. The staff is courteous and helpful especially Carissa at the front desk and Sharon. They are an asset to the hotel. The food at the restaurant was great and the servers very attentive. It's a plus that they have a fitness center on the grounds that the guests can use. If you want to sample other cuisine like Peruvian, there's a place called INTI at nearby Stroudsburg. I would like to visit again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your review with regard to your stay. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the appropriate staff. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope to hear of any future experiences that you may have with us here at The Inn at Pocono Manor.
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Inn at Pocono takes you back in time with it's old decor and music playing at entrance. The Inn is surrounded by beautiful massive old cottages with stone foundations. I took by mountain bike and road down the peaceful streets enjoying the awesome architecture of these cottages and then onto trails with awesome views of Appalachian Mountains. The staff was very friendly and the service was great. The pool was clean and at perfect temperature. The restaurant food was excellent with the staff waiting on you hand and foot. The golf course was in nice shape. The beds are very comfortable. The bar area was very nicely decorated with plenty of wide screen TV's and had friendly bar tenders.

Room Tip: If you can't find a room online or it's more than you want to pay, Call direct to the Inn at...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RobertD5000
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. Our history attracts a number of our guests. Being reminded of times past, while having all todays amenities at hand can be very pleasing. I’m quite happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and hope to hear of any future visits you may have!
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Inn Sunday through Thursday. We were expecting a dated, kitschy Poconos resort, but it was not so. The resort truly exceeded our expectations. Yes, one elevator is being repaired/renovated so it is slow-going to get up and down, but we were "on vacation!" so we did not mind. Our room was clean and very comfortable (as others note, the beds are great!) with beautiful views of the mountains. It was nice to have a ceiling fan and to open the windows for fresh air (though the air conditioning was working, we just didnt need it). We enjoyed drinks in the pub/bar area, but the food was fair and food service was slow. There is both an outdoor pool and a heated indoor pool. The staff was very helpful and everyone I encountered was very friendly. We enjoyed hiking to the small waterfall and running on the resort grounds. We also had an excellent one hour trail ride at the stables on site - I've been wanting to go horseback riding for a while and this was my chance - it was great fun! Great horses and great guides - we really enjoyed it. I'd recommend nearby Stroudsburg for other dining options, including the excellent Jimmy's Ice Cream. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much and would return.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the top floor - we had many windows and great views.
1 Thank Joyfulgirl82
I appreciate your review. I’m happy to hear that we had the ability to make your vacation all you had hoped for. Please return in the near future to enjoy more of what our area has to offer!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Inn at Pocono Manor. The property is beautiful, the beds are the most comfortable I've slept in, the views are amazing. Driving nearby, we saw so many deer! The staff is so friendly and helpful. The outdoor pool is lovely and relaxing. We went on the nearby Blue Trail hike, a pleasant, moderate hike on a well-marked trail to a charming waterfall. The hotel is so close to so many things to do and see! We are already planning a return trip soon!

2 Thank Karyn G
I would like to thank you for your comments. The activities that we have to offer are endless. It seems as though you were able to enjoy only a select few. I hope to hear of your ventures on your next trip back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!