“Very lovely and quaint”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Connecticut
“Very lovely and quaint”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This place is very charming. The rooms have a wonderful color palette and gorgeous moldings. It is an old hotel, so you hear everyone in the hallway. Did not eat dinner there as it was very pricey. Ate at the breakfast buffet, which was good and reasonably priced. The outdoor pool and area is beautiful. Check in was on time and very quick. We did have to check out early do due to illness and it was no problem getting a refund!! I would recommend this place and go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
I appreciate your review. Hearing that our guests are satisfied with the hospitality we provide is always extremely pleasing. I’m sorry to hear that illness caused you to leave early, but hope you return in the near future to take part in anything you had missed!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Odenton, Maryland, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in July 2013 for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We stayed in a queen room on the 3rd floor which was very clean and recently updated. The bathroom was a decent size with attractive, up to date decor. The water pressure in the shower was a little on the low side, and it took a minute or two for the water to get hot. The bed was incredibly comfortable and supportive and the pillows were right on par. The room was on the small side, but we were able to see past it since the building stayed true to its historic pedigree. It had a nice size flat panel TV and ice cold AC. The Front Desk was very helpful and the hike to the near by waterfall was an instant lasting memory. Truly a must-stay location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to congratulate you on your two years of marriage! Thank you for all your comments. History plays a vital part in why we do everything we can to provide the greatest hospitality imaginable. I hope you return in years to come, to find that we have even more to offer!
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Salads,soups and main courses were among the best to be had in Poconos at reasonable prices. This took place at tonight's dinner at the restaurant in the Inn. Service was prompt and attentive. We enjoyed the surrounding property and have utilized the sports facility a number of times in recent years. Being a local summer resident, it has been fun having the Inn nearby. The Christmas exhibition is a great tradition as well in Winter. I am sorry to hear about the HVAC issues this summer. The area is known for cool summer nights and this weather has been unusual. I hope visitors will not take a few extreme days as normal at the Inn. Come to the Pokies and visit ... And try the Inn restaurant for a nice surprise. You will enjoy the historical feel of the place as you take in the surroundings.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I would like to thank you very much for your review of our property! It is great to hear that we have been able to assist you in having some very joyous times in the Poconos. I hope you return in the near future to enjoy some more of our exceptional hospitality!
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 21, 2013

First we had to wait to check in for 45 minutes on a Friday evening at 7pm. Booked a king room and was given twin beds. Moved to 7th floor. there was no A/C on that floor. The hallways were hot and the room unbearable. Called several times first night and gave up on the second. There was only one small elevator working that was constantly packed not air conditioned. People were waiting on every floor, door opening and closing and people getting nowhere... Had to wait sometimes up to 15 - 20 min to get a place in the elevator. We were using the stairs to and from 7th floor ! Maids were absolutely rude. I simply asked when they would get to my room at about 3 in the afternoon and was told " well you're an overnight guest so you'll have to wait until the new guest rooms are done first." REALLY? The outside pool is small and was filled with kids. The inside pool was disgusting and wreaked with odor instantly upon entering the pool room. That was just plain nasty. Nobody was using that pool. Kind of tells you something. The exercise room is a couple of cycling units next to the Smelly pool...
Food prices were outrageous and waitress staff in short supply. Kids running up and down the hallways into the late night hours. I could go on for more but I am so angry at spending so much money on such a terrible weekend. Too Bad. What once was a nice place is now run into the ground. Never again!!

Room Tip: The lover floors had a/c and fewer stairs to climb. Dine elsewhere. Not much onsite to do... A loca...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank r s
I am very sorry that you were unhappy with your stay. We have experienced unusually extreme heat so far this summer. I have had approx. a dozen HVAC units fail, all are in the process of repair or have been repaired. I understand that the elevator modernization project is an inconvenience. The elevators are basically being completely rebuilt - its a lengthy project that began in April and will be completed in August. Although inconvenient, it was a necessary project. I regret that I am unable to determine which maid you reference, rudeness from our employees is not tolerated. Our indoor pool is rarely used this time of year and the outdoor pool quite busy as most of our guests this time of year are families. I do not know what room you were in, but I assure you that we do not have ANY rooms with twin beds. Our owners have invested millions over the last 2 years, the property is not run into the ground, but unfortunately, you had a bad experience for which I truly apologize.

Travelers are raving about these Pocono Manor hotels

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I don't understand the bad reviews for the others, but for me I had a king sized room very clean n the hotel has a very romantic ancient style, I love the property archtecture, indoor, outdoor pool, golf course, spa, n d horseriding was fun. Breakfast , very good. I regretted not spending more days. They have bar n bowling facility in the area.very romantic for couples

• Stayed July 2013
I appreciate your review. Our property has much to offer and it seems as though you were able to partake in a number of activities. I hope you return in the near future to enjoy some of the other amenities that we have here at The Inn at Pocono Manor.
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Needed a room for 2 nights for son's soccer tournament. Rather then the usual Quality/Residence Inn corporate hotels, I thought I would turn it into a fun weekend and go to one of the last few remaining grand resorts of the Poconos from times gone by. It was a lovely trip down memory lane with the family. I spent my summers as a child heading to a larger similar resort now long gone and I enjoyed reliving some memories with my children. I wish the weather was better and when it finally cleared up the outdoor pool was closed (for a reason I would rather not mention) but all in all it is a pleasant experience, nicely updated and beautifully maintained. I would return to use more of the facilities someday.

Room Tip: Room on ground floor near bar and restroom was a mistake
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay with us. The Inn at Pocono Manor has been serving guests for over 100 years, and I can assure you that we will continue to make improvements for years to come. It’s delightful that you came to The Inn to make new memories with a family of your own. I would love to hear of experiences that your family has with us in the future!
Thompson s Station, Tennessee
Reviewed July 16, 2013

You really want to love this old place. You can only imagine what she was like back in her heyday. But unfortunately, maintenance and repairs have obviously taken a lower priority to profit. The grounds are gorgeous. The golf course is beautiful. The facility however has been neglected. No air conditioner upon arrival. After two days of promises, we just asked for another room. The other room, located in the Spruce Lodge, was furnished with broken, 25 year old furniture in a tiny room. The AC was only marginally better. The place actually has an odor. Plumbing in the mornings is barely a trickle. One of our party arrived to find the room without any power. The pool was more like a farm pond.
The staff were all young. They tried to do the best they could under the circumstances. I actually felt sorry for them as they tried to put band aids on this train wreck.
The Pocono Manor has so much promise, but cannot deliver. Shame.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Jim N
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I truly regret that you were unhappy with your stay. We have experienced some very extreme heat and I know how frustrating a disappointing HVAC can be. Please know that although I cant change your experience, we have had each HVAC unit reviewed and are awaiting the full report so that we may upgrade accordingly. Our Spruce Lodge is only 38 of our rooms and is not renovated. Guests may only book a room in that lodge directly through the hotel so that we may explain that its an outer, un-renovated building. With regard to the outdoor pool, I have never heard anyone describe it quite like you. With all due respect, I must say that our outdoor pool is one of our favored amenities, it is large, lots of brand new pool furniture and complimented by our brand new Pool Bar.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
#4 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!