“This place stinks. Don't go, don't go, don't go!”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
long island, ny
“This place stinks. Don't go, don't go, don't go!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2008

I would not recommend this place to anyone. I was so disappointed and paid $600 for three nights. Nothing to do except the pool. You have to walk down a long flight of stairs to get to the pool after walking through the help's quarters. I never disliked a place as much as this and I have traveled all over the world.

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — the entire place was old and stinky with nothing to do and no one around to assist you.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank suelongisland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2008

We got a real good deal on this hotel: $360 for 3 nights including breakfast at Memorial Day.
We participated in the CSD. Let say that we had two stays at this hotel over this week-end: the first one and the last one. The Wolf Lodge, down the hill, costs nearly 3 times more but it worths the spending. The Pocono Inn rooms are comfortable depending on what room you get.

Our stay started very badly. In the first room that we got there was already somebody :) Second room was in face of the elevators with a Mickey Mouse bad. I think it was a sort of employee room. Third room was descent however the toilet was leaking. Fortunately we could easily close the faucet for the night. In addition we had to wait nearly 3 hours to get some towels in the room. I ended up using my car cleaning towels to dry myself after the shower. By the way, neither the air conditioning nor the heating was working.
I think we got one of their upscale rooms so believe those who slept in the elevator room had hard time ... :)
In fact I have heard many clients complain about their rooms.

Then to forget this bad adventure we decided to have a dinner outside. Manor Inn advised us to go down the hill to "Burger steakhouse". That was a bad move too. Let’s say that likely this is the filthiest steak house on the East Coast or maybe in the States.

Finally we returned to the hotel at 10PM and had a couple of drinks at the lobby bar. The lobby bar is a funny place to be no matter the time of the day. Drinks are inexpensive and they have outstanding 5-7 parties. The bar helped us to forget about the many issues that we had with the rooms.

Breakfast is decent and tastes good. Our convention food was eatable too. Nothing to complain about the food. In fact the food is above average compared to other convention hotels. But don't expect something fancy. The service is very good and quick. Employees work hard in the dining room. Once early in the morning I had to go into the kitchen. First impression I had that I was in warehouse storage or something like that. The entire kitchen was upside down. Pans on the ground, dishes everywhere, food left over on the tables ... and the floor looked like a garage floor that hasn't been cleaned for a while. So this is the story of the kitchen behind the scenes.

The hotel is well located. There is a factory outlet just 10 min ride in the Wolf Lodge's direction.
The Pocono speedway is 15 min ride.

Let me tell you that this hotel is very inexpensive. However don't imagine that you get a deal.
The infrastructure of this hotel is completely run down. Pool is out of order. IT and booking system is outdated. Kitchen is filthy and looks like a junk yard. Employees are hanging outside or chatting in the back ...

I think the management is waiting for a fire to finish the hotel off ...

• Liked — Unexpensive hotel, Great 5-7 parties, Good location
  • Disliked — Filthy and run down hotel, difficulty to get a descent room, Front desk,
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Pocono Manor hotels

Reston, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2008

We have just returned from a weekend at the Inn at Pocono Manor. The hotel is a nice 100 year old throw back with lots of charm and character. I sponsored a golf/team building weekend for several of my co-workers. I was looking for a place that we could stay and keep busy without the need to travel off of the resort.. The staff at the Manor were just great to deal with and were very accomodating. When we came in Friday night they had a private conference room waiting for us with refreshments. We used this room all weekend. We ate at the Heritage Room the first night and ordered off a great menu. The food was very good. The next morning we had breakfast and played the East course. The course was in great shape and the Manor served us lunch at one of the half way houses.

After golfing we went hiking down one of the many trails the Manor maintains though out the Orvis endorsed fishing and hunting grounds. The hike was very scenic and we saw a few water falls and lots of wildlife. We went back for dinner and had a few drinks. The bar was very nice and had live entertainment.

The rooms were well kept and had some great views of the Delaware Water Gap. All in all you can't beat the price and the service and amenities you receive in return.

We hope to return sometime in the winter for a skiing trip.

Baltimore MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2008

Ok, I read the bad reviews before I booked our trip here, but their website made the place look and sound so good, I booked the trip anyways. Don't make the same mistake I did!

My husband and I stayed here over Valentine's weekend in 2008. We booked a king sized bed, however the room we got had 2 doubles. We contacted the desk immediately about the mistake, however they told us that the king rooms are limited and on a first come, first serve basis. Even though we checked in 4 hrs before the check-in time, we were told they were all gone. Not only that but our room was on the first floor overlooking the parking lot, not the beautiful views they show online. I believe that because we booked with Orbitz and got a discounted rate, they shoved us in this less than desirable room. We contacted Orbitz about this and they never responded.

Additionally, or room had paper thin walls, we found small black hairs on our bathroom floor around the toilet and the water pressure and temperature in the shower was horrible!

This hotel was also overrun with screaming children who were without parents who had the decency to quiet their children running through the halls before 7 am!

Go enjoy the Poconos but don't stay here!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Pylesville, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2008

My husband and I had a quick getaway - I know it was "off" season in the Poconos but had heard some good things about the Inn it is a beautiful location. I love old, historic hotels. The rooms were clean, and the staff was very nice in fact everywhere we went in town the service was great ( hotel bar had so-so service). The hotel needs some updating, mattresses were awful, no coffee makers in room, which would not be a big deal IF they had room service which they do not, coffee is available in the lobby. The gift shop was never opened during our stay which was a Thursday - Saturday. I was suprised they had no central place (concierge or activity desk) to book activities, everything we asked about we were given a number to call ourselves. Food was okay. I do realize it was off season, but still a little disappointed, we went with the flow.

• Liked — Location, feel
  • Disliked — No room service, no activities available in off season
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

The Inn at Pocono Manor is a total retreat and so close to home, within 2 hrs of the ny/nj/ct tri state region. Extremely friendly and knowledgable staff, very accomodating. You can do so much or nothing at all and have a great time. Pocono Manor is a full service resort, with a pristine Spa, full dining room and food that is both healthy and homemade.

They boast over 3000 acres of woods, trails and tons of outdoor activities, such as horseback riding, ATV tours, and a huge Golf course.

The rooms are very clean and homey, but have all the modern conveniences, high speed internet and many with mountain views.

The Inn at pocono manor has its own movie theater! A pool and happy hour and free appetizers at the bar ( on weekends primarily)

This Inn/resort is not to be missed! You feel you are way from the hectic city..but so near all that is familiar, ski resorts and outlets! Speaking of outlets, pocono manor gives you a real "outlet" to enjoy yourself, as a couple or family!

1 Thank travelwriter18
massapequa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2008

I just returned from a three night stay, February 20-23 and was extremely disappointed with the hotel. We were looking for a quiet, nice resort in the poconos to relax. This place seemed to have it all...spa, indoor pool, exercise room, a place on the register of historic places, and away from the hustle of chain hotels, shops and restaurants. Our renovated bedroom was OK but the bathroom was in need of updating. There were broken hooks on the door and closet and one tiny shelf to store you personal items. The wallpaper and paint in the bathroom needed to be redone. The workout room is attached to the indoor pool so it was basically a chlorine sauna and impossible to use, and the pool water cloudy so we weren't able to swim. Being an old building there seems to be no insulation so you could hear every voice and slamming door on our floor and the one above leaving us sleep deprived. The biggest problem were the ski groups which arrived on Friday night. What a nightmare! The group on our floor was up until 4am slamming doors, playing music and loitering in the halls. Calling security did little to stop them. Some guest seemed to be intoxicated and were banging on doors in the hallway, including ours, at 1:30 in the morning! I would not return to this hotel, which is such a shame, because it has such potential.

• Liked — location an history
  • Disliked — noisy guests
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,130 reviews

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!