“Soooo disappointed!!!”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel and was very disappointed. first, there is no coffee makers in the rooms and there is no room service, you have to get dressed go to elevator and down to first floor to get coffee. The bathrooms are small with little to no room to hold your bathroom items. No hot tubs or nice size tubs in rooms either. Location was nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

I appreciate your recent review. I am sorry to hear that the lack of coffee makers in your room caused you an inconvenience. Our main lodge recently went under a 5 million dollar renovation and our bathrooms were a main focus during that renovation process. Unfortunately, adding more space for bathroom items was not a direction we decided to take, however, we are very excited about implementing room service for the upcoming year of 2013.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I attended a 300-person conference that was $750 all-in for lodging, food and conference admission. I was required to pay extra since I was traveling solo.

My guess it that because I was traveling single, I was assigned what I would consider a sub-prime room: quite small (smaller than NYC rooms, and much smaller than I expected in the Poconos). Only an unlit shower stall with dark green tile in the small bathroom. Old tube-style with no channel listing available. Certainly no rental programs that I could see, though they asked for a $50 credit card deposit for room incidentals -- not sure how I'd spend: no rental TV and no mini-bar.

The bed was so hard, I got out of it to check that I wasn't sleeping on a box spring. It does not get my worst bed ever designation because the linens were OK and no sign of bugs, unlike a past awful bed at a lodging location in Montauk. Though suffices to say that bed was so uncomfortable that I left a prepaid night early! (I need at least some beauty rest during weekend, despite conference.) I had inquired about getting a more comfortable room, but none were available.

The food was OK, average fare -- hardy, not tasty. Set-up in unattended buffet style to service the large group. Breakfast was best meal.

Throughout this old lodging Manor, the carpets appear to be new, and it appears that they recently refurbished the wall decor (paint/wallpaper). Lots of big. soft couches in common areas to rest and relax on. However, the old HVAC infrastructure is seemingly difficult to control in ballrooms and large meeting rooms which were too cold, while my guest bedroom was far too hot with no way to control temperature.

Room Tip: There are several lodging buildings on property. Make sure you ask where you are being placed, room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

I would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am very unhappy to hear that you were not able to enjoy your time here at The Inn at Pocono Manor. There are channel listings available in the guest directory that is located in each room. The room that you are describing seems as though it was in one of our outer lodges. Typically, our guests are only placed in these lodges if they are notified beforehand on the phone at the time of reservation. Some guests are also placed in the outer lodges if they make a reservation for an event after the cut-off date, in order to still honor the rates given for those events. I’m assuming something similar may have happened in this particular situation. Although these circumstances are quite uncommon, it is unacceptable that any of our guests have anything less than an excellent time while they are here with us at The Inn at Pocono Manor.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I spent 3 days at the Inn at Pocono Manor while my husband attended a conference at the same hotel. Our room was on the 3rd floor which overlooked the front of the property. The room was small but nicely furnished including a flat screen. The beds appeared new, but for some reason I found it very uncomfortable. The bed was small (full size?) and the mattress was hard. The bathroom was tiny, and there wasn't much room between the bed and access to the bathroom. The room was spotless, but it wasn't cleaned each day until late in the day. In fairless to the staff, I beleive this was due to the conference which brought hundreds out. I was disappointed that there was not a coffee service in the room. The indoor pool area needs to be updated. It's hard to find and not likely a place I would want to spend any time in. There is no hot tub, ugly plastic chairs and to find it you travel down a long hallway and down steps. There are no windows. The outside facilities I expect are nice in the summer. While I was there the pool was green and the grounds were unkempt, which surprised me. I did take a hike on the hotel's marked trail to the waterfall which was very nice. There are horseback riding stables and a spa on the grounds which I did not do. The gym area is located off the hotel grounds, again I thought this was strange and I did not use the area. The food was very good at the hotel, all the food I ate was buffett style due to the conference. My biggest complaint that there was no internet service in the rooms. To use wifi you had to be in the lounge area. The staff was very nice and work very hard. There is a small gift shop on the bottom floor which has a nice variety of reasonably priced items.

Room Tip: The suites are AMAZING! Didn't stay in one, but saw one. The view is breathless.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review. I’m sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the lack of coffee service in each room. We do have coffee available in the lobby each morning, but I will explore the option of supplying the necessary items to each guest room. Our grounds crew works very hard to keep our property in the best shape possible all year round. Unfortunately, the past few weeks we have been plagued with very heavy rains, making it difficult for them to complete a number of tasks. I will pass your comments regarding our food services to the necessary departments, as they will be happy to hear that they are pleasing our guests. I hope you return soon for a vacation of your own!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The best addition to the Inn at Pocono Manor is the new Cellar Store. What a delightful store filled with unique gift items many of them made locally. They also stock all the items that you may have forgotten at home or a late night snack! Drop by and buy yourself one of their beautiful hand made scarfs or Liz Tech pin!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Cellar Gifts is a privately owned gift shop that is inside The Inn at Pocono Manor. I will inform the management for Cellar Gifts that they are doing a great job meeting the needs of all our guests!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I went there for our anniversary two weeks ago and the Inn was as advertised. We stayed in the renovated tower. We got there around noon on Friday and we were able to check in our room early which was great. It was a beautiful day so we decided to grab and map and check out the hiking trail. The young lady at the front desk said that many people take the red trail down to the waterfall and the blue trail back up. The total length of trail was supposed to be 3.5 miles round trip so we figured an hour or so should do the trick. Well the Red Trail was poorly marked and we spend the better part of the day lost in the woods. It is good that we have a sense of direction or we could have would up like the kids in the Blair Witch Project. We didn't get back to hotel unitl almost three and half hours later - exhausted. I would highly suggest the Inn spend a little time and effort to cleary mark the trails. We were disappointed that we spend almost $200 for the room and use of the hotel and spend the better part of the day lost in the wood.

Room Tip: Bring a compass if you decide hit the trails.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jets80

I would like to thank you for your review. It is unacceptable that any of our guests be lost in the woods for an extended period of time. I assure you that I will be speaking with the department that is responsible for the trail markings. We will rectify this problem in a timely manner to make certain that no one else get lost on our trails. I appreciate this review because without your input, we may still not know that this is causing dangerous situations for our guests. Thank you.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Took 90 minutes to get dinner and 40 minutes to get the check afterward. But the worst was in the morning when they offer no coffee until 6:30. Theoretically. At 6:30 they said it would be 5 minutes late and at 6:55 there is a growing crowd in the lobby still waiting. Room was okay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Raymond S
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am quite unhappy to hear that you felt as though we do not care about the services we provide to our guests. We do everything within our power to please each and every person that gives us the opportunity to serve them; however, sometimes we do fall short. The Food and Beverage service that you experienced was certainly not acceptable. We would like to investigate further, unfortunately, have no way to contact the guest. Please contact me directly at lgreen@poconomanor.com. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I decided to hit up the Poconos to celebrate our 5th year anniversary and chose to stay at the Inn at Pocono Manor. The Inn had an old charm to it which was charming. We stayed in the tower and had a nice room at the end of the hallway overlooking the beautiful fall foliage. The bed was really comfy and the bathroom was decent. Our biggest complaint was that the guest room doors slammed shut - very disruptive at 6:45 am when trying to sleep in past our weekday alarm on our weekend vacation! Overall, the Inn was ok for the weekend but not worth a repeat visit from us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower at the end of the hallway - great views
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Skippy83
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We often hear that our property is quite charming during all seasons that this area provides. It seems as though you feel the same. Our beds were included in our 5 million dollar renovation, which is turning out to be an expense that was well worth every penny. I am not happy to hear that you were disturbed by slamming doors. Our building is quite old, but there is no reason that our guests should have to feel the brunt of that. I will look into that issue and will do my best to resolve those disturbances. I hope you will reconsider a second visit with us here at The Inn at Pocono Manor, as we do everything within our power to please each and every guest that gives us the opportunity to serve them.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!