“Sitting in my room at Pocono Manor about to check out.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pocono Manor Resort & Spa

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
“Sitting in my room at Pocono Manor about to check out.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I regret to leave such a poor review. Like many other reviews my wife and I decided to spent the last part of our vacation in the Poconos. In searching for a hotel we came across The Inn at Pocono Manor. I wish I would have glanced over these reviews before our stay because among some lovely reviews I have come across others that sadly echo our experience.

Check in was friendly. I started our stay with professional and friendly service (7:00 pm 7/21/2011). We decided to head to the pool with our little girl. We were so excited. We went to the indoor pool and found the water to be dirty and cold (temperate isn't a big deal, but cleanliness is). We decided to then check out the outdoor pool. The water was more comfortable but the water was quite filthy. Someone is not vacuuming or skimming the pool. We stilled enjoyed our time (we're not clean freaks but I don't feel the lack of cleanliness of the pool matches the potential for The Inn.
Our first night was pleasant and peaceful. Our next two nights were very noisy. Its as if this family friendly resort (as the gentleman at the front desk called it the evening I complained about the noise) turned into a Carnival Cruise Party barge. Running children through the halls, loud partys in the rooms next to and across from us. Just too much noise and not so family friendly activity towards the 10pm and 11pm hours.
We came back to our room (687 on 7/23/2011) and found our towels were not replaced and the room was not tidy (no one took our glasses and they took our do not disturb sign...even when I left a tip). The beds were made nice though, so that was good.
The following morning (7/24/2011) we found we had little (and at times) no water presure. This is odd because I came across a review a week or two back that said this was being resolved.
Simply put this place does not live up to it's potential. I do not feel I received the level of service that is expected at the prices and within the standards of the hospitality business.
I truly regret to leave such a review. I grew up in Jim Thorpe,PA and was looking forward to staying in a nice place with my family while visiting my childhood home area and family. I do not believe The Inn meets it's true potential.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank Fleerik
MgmtPMI, Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
I regret that you were not pleased with your recent stay. In July, we have experienced a water main break along with a filtration problem with the pool. Both items have since been corrected. Unfortunately, we were unable to provide you the service and quality that you deserve. We take your concerns very seriously. With regard to the items within our control (Housekeeping) will be handle with each department manager. Thank you for staying with us, and again, please do accept our regrets.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Ithaca, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

I was here for a business trip my company sponsored. The meeting facilities were shoddy were uncomfortable for the first afternoon because staff had not thought to turn on airconditioning before we arrived on the first day. No shades or curtains so it was difficult to make the powerpoint presentation visible.
On a personal level, my room air-conditioning was not working and I requested maintenance look at it but nothing was resolved. I notified the front desk again and requested a different room, but was told that none were available. Half an hour later, someone knocked on my door and asked if I wanted to see a different room but it was already midnight and I was ready for bed. All I got from the front office staff was: my apologies. I recommended that they not put another guest in that room until they resolved the issue.
On a positive note: the restaurant staff was very helpful and polite, as were the catering staff and bartenders. Food was good.
We have these meetings annually but will be looking at other venues next time for the comfort of our guests.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank lgt40
Thank you for staying with us. I regret that you were not pleased with your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the lounge and restaurant. With regard to the lack of of Engineer to assist with your HVAC, this is certainly not acceptable and I assure you that it will be discussed with the departmental manager. WIth regard to meeting space, we have completed most of the wall treatments and carpeting, other items will be done shortly (artwork, lighting, window treatments). Again, please accept our apologies.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

My husband and I wanted to get away for the night this weekend for a quick trip to the Poconos. It wasn't the best experience staying at the Inn at PM, but definitely would give it another chance in the future after the renovations are completed. The room we received was renovated and nice. The rest of the hotel still needs a huge amount of renovations, but there are signs posted that renovations are underway. The "Exchange" dinner we had was very good and the service was terrific - not too pricy either. The Lounge was really a great bar with nice people and an amazing view. The grounds around the hotel are beautiful and relaxing. We tried to do some sporting activities on Saturday afternoon, but the sporting shop was closed. Three other families were there too, but we all left a little confused as to why it would be closed. The pool looks great on the pictures, but it was so dirty we didn't even want to put our feet in it. Big black floaty things were circling all around. It also does not have a life guard so all the kids just do as they please. We were hoping there were be refreshments or snacks offered at the pool since we had to wait almost 4 hours for our room, but none were available. Overall, if you like nostalgia, you will find it at this hotel. Looking forward to giving it one more chance after renovations are completed.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
MgmtPMI, Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. I am happy you enjoyed our restaurant and lounge. We are indeed in the process of renovating the lobby areas which will be complete in a few weeks. I regret that I cannot properly address your delay with checkin. Check in is a 4pm so I am curious as to what time you arrived. With regard to the pool, we did have a filter problem for a day or so which has been corrected (we were waiting on the part). As with the unruly children, I share your frustration, but it is up to the parents to properly tend to their behavior. Please do visit again- the renovations should be complete by the end of the summer, with the exception of our large dining room (Mountain View Dining Room) which will be complete closer to the end of the year.
Farmingdale, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

The price is right for a one night stay but wouldn't enjoy an extended stay. One of the rooms we booked reeked like cigarette smoke. Contacted the front desk and tried to get rid of the smell ourselves. We had a couple of rooms booked in our party so the person staying in that room decided that they could live with it. The hotel staff was responsive in that they came to the room with a disinfectant spray. Not sure how you can rent a room like this to anyone.
Later on in the evening, we had a problem in room #2, the toilet wouldn't fill up with water. Contacted the front desk. They let us know that there was a problem with the water pump going to the building that we were staying in. I let them know that there were young children ready for bed and the problem needed to be addressed immediately. They responded immediately and we were switched to a room in the main building. Our new rooms were MUCH nicer and looked as if they were recently made over as part of the renovation. GREAT! Super excited about that. I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and the A/C vent was leaking all over the toilet seat. Not that excited anymore. Went to brunch the next morning. Again, not that great. It seemed that the only thing the wait staff cared about was our room number. Not kidding, we were asked FOUR times. The biscuits and rolls on the bread table were stale. Couldn't eat the biscuit at all. The eggs were super dry. Good selection of food but wish it would have been nice if everything was fresh.

1 Thank tarawmc
MgmtPMI, Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
I regret that you were less than thrilled with your recent stay. We did experience a problem with water pressure and did our best to expeditate the repair. We regret the inconvenience to our guests. I assure you that all of your concerns will be shared with the applicable departments and used for training purposes.

Travelers are raving about these Pocono Manor hotels

Bavaria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed for one night for the wedding of my daughter's sister-in-law on July 9th, and here's our experience:

At check-in, I asked for a smoking room and was told that since the "renovation", all the rooms are no-smoking. Fine, but they didn't tell us that when we made our reservations.
I guess they like to surprise smokers with this little policy.

The room on the third floor obviously had not seen any sort of renovation, nice flat screen TV but no mini-refrigerator, no full length mirror, one sink in the bathroom that obviously had also never seen a renovation, the hot and cold adjustment in the shower required the finesse of a brain surgeon (I am not a brain surgeon), fthe pillows were so small and cheap that a midget would have found them uncomfortable, only one ice machine in the building and that on the "T" (lowest) level, where the soda machine ,which was out of service, is located, Not a big deal, except that the elevators are an antiquated joke, if you get on at lobby level they first go down to the lowest level befor they go up, and they don*t go up very quickly.

When we took the elevator to the Terrace (T) level to get to the ceremony outside, the door opened to a worker on a ladder between the two elevator doors scraping off old wallpaper! This on a late Saturday afternoon before two weddings.

Now some positive news:

The wedding ceremony held outside was nicely organized and the area was clean and pleasant. The cocktail hour area and food were also good, although with only one bartender there was a ten to fifteen minute wait for a drink.

The reception dinner food was excellent and the waiters friendly and efficient, all in all a very good and well organized affair.

Now for some more bad news:

At 3:00 AM on the morning of July 10 I woke out of a sound sleep to what sounded like feeding time at the Philadelphia Zoo coming out of toom 300 (we were in room 309). I called, very irate, the front desk and asked them to quiet down the yahoos. At 3:30 the noise was still just as bad ( yelling, foul language etc.) so I stormed down to the front desk and read them the riot act, asking them if they were running a zoo instead of a resort etc.. After that things settled down, but broken sleep is broken sleep.

All in all, I wasn't totally dissatisfied, thanks to the well-run reception and dinner, but the whole stay was a decidedly mixed blessing.

1 Thank gitnu
We pride ourselves in taking guest concerns very seriously and handling immediately. This includes replying to all Trip Advisor reviews. I must say, I am not sure how to respond to a review such as yours that is riddled with sarcasm. Surely, it is frustrating when guests in a room near you are loud. You mentioned that you 'stormed down to the desk and read them the riot act and asked if they were running a zoo?' . I truly feel for the guest agent that you dealt with in this fashion. Certainly they were they to help you and were not the cause of your inconvenience. Additionally, we are a HISTORIC resort. You refer to our elevators as an 'antiquated joke'. They function properly, but obviously not to your desired speed. We are and will remain a historic Resort with the charm (and the challenges) expected of such.
Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

7/7/11 we were stuck in traffic on I80 westbound in PA. Looking for somewhere to stay close to the Mt. Airy Casino for one night. We stopped at a PA visitor center and picked up the free "Room Saver" magazine. The Inn at Pocono Manor had a coupon for $89 with free breakfast (page 16.) Coupon was for walk-ins based on availability, and they graciously honored this coupon upon our arrival. Room #293 was spacious, with comfortable king bed, quality bedding & linens, and a nice view. We only stayed 1 night, but information on plenty of activities onsite that would make a longer stay enjoyable. Continental breakfast buffet included choice of hot entree from breakfast menu. Staff was very cordial. A scenic 5 mile drive from Mt. Airy Casino. We were told hotel is 110 yrs. old, and renovations are currently underway, so a bit of dust needs to be overlooked. What a nostalgic find! Would consider staying here again for a Pocono getaway.

Room Tip: Request a