“Amazing Place and even more Amazing Staff!”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Passaic, New Jersey
“Amazing Place and even more Amazing Staff!”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

A renovated historic building, with really nice sized rooms. On 3 or more acres this place is great. Horseback riding, shooting, and when we there they had segway rentals as well. We went for walks and did close by day trips as well. Close to an amazing outlet mall as well as all of the pocono mountain attractions at your doorstep. But the review would not be complete without telling you about the Pocono Manor Staff. I travel 4 or more times a year and do not ever remember such friendly, outgoing, calm, profesional people. We were part of a group of a few hundred people with lots of kids and teenagers running through the place and the staff was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! From the young guy who took up our luggage to the front desk, to the post office clerks (right in the hotel by the way) to housekeeping, dining room staff, and the front desk staff --they were not to be believed. By the way did I mention that the front desk staff was friendly and helpful, I can't get over it. You will not go wrong. Even if there is something you don't like, the entire staff will bend over backwards to accomodate whatever you need. My mother strained her knee there and they were able to take both a commode and a wheelchair within minutes to her room to make her more comefortable.
So what can I say......but enjoy your vacation.

• Stayed April 2011
MgmtPMI, Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Wow! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. What a lovely review! We thoroughly enjoyed working with Pesach Time Tours and being of service to each and everyone of their guests. We hope to see you again for Passover 2012!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I think this resort has a lot nof activities to offer and that is the trade-off to very average accomodations. I think they host very large groups on the weekends so the main lodge has way too many people for us. We stayed in the Laurel Lodge which was much quieter. I don't think I would ever stay in the main lodge, ever due to the amount of people. The Laurel Lodge was quiet and we hardly saw anyone there at all. The Spruce Lodge had a bunch of kids and families staying there. Maybe best to go during the week. The room was decent but the bathroom was very small and lighting was horrible in there. There is no place to hang or put wet ski clothes or wet snow boots so you track the wet with you into the room, which everyone else does as well. The Laurel Spa was really nice and I thought the quality of the massage was very good. I would definitely go back to the spa. We were there a few days after they had an ice storm so there was so much ice everywhere. The back steps to the Laurel lodge were very slippery and icy and there was no light so we carried our bags in very unsafe, dark conditions. Due to the limited parking, we had to enter the Laurel Lodge through the back and it was trecherous. I did mention to management that the light was out on Friday night and even by Sat night it was the same and they didn't do anything. They were swamped handling the 200-300 other guests.That entire Saturday was sleeting and it was really slippery even walking to the Spa. The steps to the Laurel Spa were not salted and many wives had to have their husbands pick them up arm in arm to get back to their room. I really expected better maintenance of the walkways both out front and in the back parking areas. The breakfast at the main lodge was adequate but I recommend driving to the local restaurants for dinner and not chancing eating there for anything other than breakfast. The staff at the front desk and the restaurant were very nice and worked hard so nothing against them at all. We do like the availability of so many activities: snow shoeing, snowmobiling, cross coutry skiiing. We will probably go back once more in the winter just to be able to do all of those things in a single weekend. I can handle anything for 1 or 2 nights and I think it was still worth it and lots of fun.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Thank you for staying with us. We take guest safety very seriously. This past winter seemed to last especially long. We constantly plow, shovel and drop salt. Of course on occasion, the weather can be so extreme that we cannot possibly remove the snow and ice fast enough. We have two lovely restaurants and an excellent culinary team, I regret that you did not experience that yourself. You mention average accommodations. I not sure of the date of your stay, however, we are nearly complete on renovating all of the rooms in my Main Lodge. With the guest rooms and our public space, we will be spending nearly $5million. So, please do come again and see the progress. The rooms are beautiful.
Lakewood, New Jersey
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I hosted a very large group for a weeklong stay. I have been doing this for many years, in many different locations. This hotel was by far the best experience I have ever had. From my first stay to check out the facility, through the end of my tour, every detail was taken care of. The sales team and the GM were always eager to please. They came through with every thing they were supposed to & more. All the head staff were constantantly checking to make sure that I (and my guests) were happy. I have never gotten such positive feedback from my clientelle either. They were complimenting everything about the program, the facility, the staff, the amenities etc.etc. This was the case even though it rained half the time, which usually brings out the grumpy side of people.
The newly renovated rooms are absolutely gorgeous! I am definately planning on returning and all the rooms should be done by then. Even the older non renovated areas of the hotel were always clean and fresh looking. There was not one aspect that I wasn't 100% pleased with. I recommend the Pocono Manor very highly, whether you are coming with a group, or vacationing with your family, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Great View-corner tower. Big-329, 219, 201+others
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am delighted that you were pleased and most importantly that we provided excellent service and accommodations to your clients. THe renovations are progressing nicely and I do hope you will visit again soon to see the progress.
Union NJ
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I went to the Inn at Pocono Manor with 3 friends from work and we had a ball. I should first say that we are all seasoned leisure and business travellers, and there are very few places in the world we haven't been. So we are used to hotels and our expectations are if anything, probably higher than the population in general.

The staff was uniformly terrific, in the hotel, the spa, the stables, the sports facilities, etc. Everyone was genuinely friendly and knowledgeable. Checkout and checkin were friendly and efficient, and guests felt genuinely welcomed.

The hotel, currently undergoing renovation, is what I would call "shabby chic" - extremely comfortable, fantastic art deco lamps (genuine, I'm sure), lots of sofas to lounge on, etc. The rooms were comfortable and of adequate size, with great closet space. Everything necessary was there, although the bathroom amenities could be better (no conditioner, no mouthwash).

The spa and spa treatments are first rate, although the steam room wasn't functioning well when we were there. It was made up for by really outstanding treatments. One suggestion - try offering light snacks (fresh fruit, cheese) , especially to people buying spa packages lasting several hours. What I especially liked, other than the best-ever massage by Danielle, was that no one tried to pressure us to buy hair and skin products, the way a lot of salons and spas do.

There are a zillion things to do at the Inn. They have movies, a game room, quiet places to read, a wonderful sports facility with a first rate fitness center, snack bar (healthy stuff only!) and tennis. We also took advantage of the gun range, to learn to shoot with the wonderful Gordon giving us tips on how to actually hit the targets. The stables are great for riders (or non-riders) of every experience level, with an endless supply of beautiful countryside to ride through. This is a real 4 season, any kind of weather destination, with an indoor pool, the fantastic spa, and a short car ride to the Crossings Premium Outlets for state of the art shopping. In Winter there are sleigh rides and skiing, not to mention roaring fires in the many huge stone fireplaces. I can also imagine no more beautiful place to be in foliage season.

The only drawback I could see is the hallways echo. We seemed to have a convention of door-slammers while we are there. It didn't disturb me, but people of a nervous disposition would probably hit the ceiling every time someone let a door slam.

As the hotel is now pet friendly, I plan to be back with my husband and dogs. I loved the place. It's not elegant, it's better - comfortable, friendly, cozy, genuine mountain-lodge.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled you and your friends enjoyed your visit. The renovations are coming along nicely and I do hope you will visit again soon with your husband and four legged friends.
Cedarhurst, New York
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was a guest at the hotel with my wife & 3 kids for about 2 weeks, the hotel staff was very accomodating to what ever we needed, anything that they didnt have they made sure we were able to find, we could not have asked for a better vacation experience, Thank You Inn at Pocono Manor

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy that your family enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again for Passover 2012!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Passover 2011 outstanding experience delightful hotel staff very eager to please and very responsive to various requests.

Room Tip: be specific and ask for it
  • Stayed April 2011
MgmtPMI, Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with Trip Advisor readers. I am thrilled you exjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again for Passover 2012!
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 11, 2011

From first contact with front desk at checkin until checkout , this hotel fell below what we were looking for. We picked this as the hotel of our last night of our weeklong vacation. to go to the spa , horseback ride and relax, and visit the casino 5 min away. From the online wording it seemed the hotel was undergoing major renovations which were supposed to be completed by the time of our stay and if they were than they definately need a refund from whomver they paid to do this work for them. The staff was buurly and seemed uncaring , this may be a Pa. thing or not, although we encountered much friendlier people working at the casino up the street, We booked horsebackriding and the spa months in advance and we waited over an hour at the stable no one showed up, I called my sister who was waiting at the hotel and the desk clerk said there was no way to contact anyone from the stables. She did call a gen mgr and they located us in the bar approx 1 hr and 40 min after our scheduled appt and said they found the kid and we could go than , but this would conflict with our spa treatment -which was great- so we opted not to go at this late time and they did credit us that. We loved the oldness of the hotel and the lobby was cozy , but chipped paint up and down the hallways and a dirty rug turned as off. The hallways were like a creepy movie , but at the same time enchanting in its oldness. My sister said they gave us free breakfast due to them not taking us horseback riding, I hope she didn't pay for this to try and eleviate our distaste for the hotel, because breakfast although its presentation is really beautiful , it was very tasteless, eggs were cold, as were other items that should of been warmer , and the muffins lacked flavor.Parking was precious and we ended up moving a cone as we got back late from the casino and did not want to park in the very dark lot around the back of the building. Along with the spa the view from our room was the best this hotel is offering at this time. Maybe a new approach to customer service will change the way it is viewed because it really would be a wonderful and unique place to stay . As things are being run now,we would really not stay here again , as customer service should be the number one priority in this business and it is really lacking here.

Room Tip: good luck
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
MgmtPMI, Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am quite disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. The Resort is 90% complete with renovating our main lodge guestrooms and corridors. This will certainly address some of your condition concerns. Please know that your service concerns will be addressed with each department to include the Stables. I do hope you will visit again and contact a manager in advance. We will personally tend to all of your arrangements and assure you an excellent experience.

Travelers are raving about these Pocono Manor hotels

#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!