Tripadvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
So much to do

I love this place it had lots to do, from food to the water park to the huge arcade to the sweets... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
557antoniettas
Melville, New York
via mobile
Rides great, service suffered a bit.

We have been enjoying Kalahari for a few years now. The waterpark is very fun for adults and kids... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
grumbekah

All reviews all ages water park lazy river indoor waterpark swim up bar hot tub day pass pizza life guards basketball pool kids and adults stayed one night all age groups a lot of fun water fun ivory coast breakfast buffet
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2020

After a stressful experience with Kalahari back in May 2019, I wrote a review of my experience. I was almost immediately contacted by a person in charge of reservations, Rick. He was wonderful in listening to my issues with that stay. Rick offered us a free night stay at Kalahari again & some additional perks! We just got back from this stay on January 9th & are MORE than pleased with the service this time. Everything from check in, to the upgraded room, to the free breakfast & arcade passes, to the time in the waterpark went smoothly. My kids were so happy & had a wonderful time. Thank you Kalahari for listening to your customers & making things right! We will definitely be back again!

Date of experience: January 2020
2  Thank mphillips1007
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Spent two nights at Kalahari to finish off the Christmas break with our kids 6 and 8. We booked the standard room with two queen beds and a pull out couch and it was perfect for our family of 4. There’s a mini fridge which was nice and the room was plenty big. Hands down the waterpark is the main attraction. It’s fantastic and there’s so much to do. I found the lines moved quickly and the cabana rental was great. We ordered food and drinks from the cabana and they were delivered quick and it was great to have a private/quieter space. The restaurants on property aren’t that great. The food at the Italian and the burger place was just ok. Our friends who came with us tried the buffet for dinner and preferred it to the a la carts restaurants. The pizza from Cafe Mirage by the arcade is sooooo yummy and we hound the food in the waterpark really good as well. Drink prices were great and we didn’t find that any of the food was really overpriced. They have a huge arcade that was TONES of fun and I found that the games do give out lots of tickets. My kids loved collecting tickets and then collecting their prizes. Overall we had a great experience and will be back. If you go with realistic expectation (it’s busy, there’s a lot of added costs) then you will have a blast and make some great memories!!!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 1, 2020

Kalahari has built some fantastic water slides and attractions. But despite signs everywhere proclaiming safety is the top priority, we found that not to be the case. First, a lifeguard sent my nephew down a slide by himself even though the ride requires two or four riders. Because the raft was unbalanced, he fell out and banged his head. And then when he came out the bottom -- not in the raft -- the lifeguard at that location didn't say a word.

Later, my daughter was on a different multi-person slide. Part way down, her raft collided with another, empty, raft. It turns out the group in front of her fell out of their raft and swam to the bottom without their raft. And the lifeguards allowed the next group to go despite a raft still be stuck mid-slide.

Lifeguards never said a word. The person working at the first aid station said only they would talk to the lifeguards, but some of them don't speak English and therefore would not be expected to speak to the kids. Unacceptable.

When my family raised the issue with a front-desk manager, he was apologetic and provided some waterpark passes and arcade gift cards. That was nice. But I expect better care in the waterpark when that is your business.

1  Thank DBM123
Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

After reading several reviews, I was definitely concerned about some things going into our visit. Let me start with the positives. Several previous reviewers noted a rude staff. We did not encounter any rude staff members. In fact, everyone we asked questions of answered in a friendly, helpful manner. The check in process was not as painful as we expected it to be. Yes, you’ll spend some time waiting. But that’s to be expected. We did receive a text when it room was ready. Now for the negative, which is only one thing but it’s a HUGE thing to me. Several other reviewers noted the lack of cleanliness in the rooms/bedding. The resort seems to have lost all of their vacuums. Carpets in the hallways and room need cleaned. Rooms/furniture are starting to show wear. Duvet covers were filthy which we removed off the beds. Overall the room was clean, minus needing vacuumed and clean duvets. The common areas were needing cleaned as well. The resort management should take note of just how many people are saying things aren’t clean. Overall it was a very average stay that could’ve been better

4  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

They have activities for all ages very fun and lots to do. The staff is very helpful with the kids and they instruct them properly for their safety. They’re a many out of water activities as well that the entire family can take part in and enjoy. I will definitely be coming back here as my time was very short spent.