My wife and I bought a very modestly priced time share ownership at the Carriage House about 8 years ago after staying as a guest for two weekends. Our eyes were open to the overall size of the studios, mini-suites, and royal suites as well as the fact that this facility was not an upscale hotel. It is, however, the host of the friendliest staff we have ever known, from the registration personnel, the those on the housekeeping department, to those on the maintenance staff. We also own for 16 years a more expensive, less personal, larger, more updated, 2 bedroom unit elsewhere in the Poconos about 20 minutes away. There is no comparison between the two facilities. Though the Carriage House is by no means a Marriott Hotel, it has long been "home" in our opinions. As will be the case in a more dated facility where a problem might exist, the staff is willing and more than capable of attending to the needs of all.
This past weekend, we invited three families to join us in the place we call home. I was more than pleasantly surprised by the very positive feedback I received. Is the Carriage House perfect? Far from it ... but the liabilities are far outweighed by all the positive aspects, not the least of which is their indoor pool and hot tubs. I had a concern in that I warned my friends that the facility was fully booked this weekend and I had boasted about how quiet and relaxing it is for us and that a crowed facility was unknown to me. To no surprise, the large group that had attended and booked two thirds of the rooms and held their functions for two nights in the pool area only added to a great experience. They opened their arms and invited us to join in the festivities they had organized. Again, this place is home!
Next month is our annual weekend at the Carriage House with our children and grandchildren. The grand kids live in Colorado and when they are told they are visiting Grandma and Poppy in NY, their thoughts turn to the pool at the Carriage House and the excitement builds. Thanks to the Carriage House for an incredible experience ... month after month and year after year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small country timeshare nestled in the heart of the Poconos. We provide fully equipped kitchens for convenience. We are located across the road from Kalahari and within fifteen driving minutes of Mount Airy Casino, Auquatopia and Camelback Ski Area, Crossing Premium Outlet and Pocono Raceway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your The Carriage House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carriage House At Pocono Manor Hotel Pocono Manor
- Carriage Hotel Pocono Manor