2,521 results
All reviews ivory coast water park all ages lazy river convention center double cut indoor waterpark african queen suite great wolf lodge great karoo life guards cafe mirage african theme wave pool escape room arcade area swim up bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

With hour-long + registration and baggage-hold lines, I headed into registration with kids (all under 9) and bags in tow. Registered and found we were missing 1 wristband, Headed to concierge to correct. Found a friend to help with the kids and luggage while I go move my car, but Valet TOWED my car because there were too many cars parked for too long. They charged me $150 to get my car back and when I handed them my keys, they didn't even ask what make/model my car was. When I inquired as to why, Valet gladly told me my car was THE ONLY ONE TOWED that day, though there were many, many cars parked for longer than mine. When asked what I was supposed to do with my kids and luggage, they said to check it in baggage-hold. But that line too was OUT THE DOOR with EXTREME wait times. So, as a single parent, I was essentially advised to abandon my personal belonging to accommodate their inadequate check-in process else find myself paying an additional $150 to get my car back.

Single parents, do yourself a favor and choose Great Wolf Lodge instead.

Room tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
8  Thank angelarI7572OT
Kalahari_Carol, Corporate Guest Services Manager at Kalahari Resort & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Angela - I'm very sorry for any confusion. Your vehicle was towed after being parked in 15-minute parking for an hour and a half. This area is reserved for loading & unloading only. Although your vehicle was the first to have been towed that day, it was not the only one. Our guest service manager did announce in the lobby multiple times that vehicles parked longer than 15 minutes would be towed. Please know that we do offer valet parking for an added fee, if this would be more convenient for you and your family. We hope you will consider visiting us again soon - until then, take care!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check in took more than an hour. The resort appeared to have one person at the front desk capable of checking anyone into their room. On a holiday weekend this is unacceptable.

The Italian restaurant was acceptable, but not great. The staff were the friendliest in our experience at the resort.

The coffee shop by the conference center was horrible. Both beverages were incorrect and the staff was rude when I asked them to correct the order. One drink was a hot tea and after two tries I asked them to simply provide hot water and I would use my own tea.

The bathrooms in the public space, by the convention center, were not clean.

3  Thank Mestraud2

Goodness, I'm sorry to hear this! I'd like to gather some additional information so that I can follow up with our guest service, dining and housekeeping teams. Could you please send me an e-mail at PAConnect@KalahariResorts.com with the name on your reservation and the date you checked in? I look forward to connecting with you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Your staff in the Poconos are scam artists. I parked in a 15 minute spot for longer than 15 minutes to help my pregnant wife get settled and you charge me $150? Shame on you it's supposed to be a fun family place

Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank GilE8
Kalahari_Carol, Corporate Guest Services Manager at Kalahari Resort & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Gil - I'm very sorry for any confusion about this policy. Posted signage does indicate that anyone parked in our 15-Minute loading areas for more than that amount of time may be towed at their expense. According to video timestamps, your vehicle was parked in one of these areas at 1:13pm yesterday, and was towed shortly after 8pm. Our guest service manager announced that any vehicles parked in this area for an extended amount of time must be moved or they would be towed. Please know that you do have the option of valet parking for an added fee. We hope you will consider visiting us again soon - until then, take care!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently stayed on a Friday with my college aged daughter and my husband.We arrived at 12:00 noon and did not have to wait to check in. The water park was empty so we were able enjoy the rides without having to wait long. We sat by the wave pool and I have to say that the loudspeaker was so loud and the music so distorted that I could not hear any announcements or read my book. This needs to be addressed by the resort. The room was nice but I witnessed two of the housekeepers having an argument in the hall. That was the first and only time I have ever seen housekeepers loudly arguing in front of the guests. I was on the 3rd floor.

Dinner at the Italian restaurant was delicious and the waitresses were really nice. I highly recommend it. On Saturday morning, I was up early at 7:00 am and enjoyed coffee from the Starbucks in the lobby. However, the chocolate muffin was not very good. While drinking my coffee in the lobby, I was surprised to see one woman sleeping in the chair across from me. I suspected that she was an employee because if she was a guest, she would be sleeping in her room.I also noticed a young man sprawled on a chair with one leg up on the arm and another on the coffee table listening to his music. I also suspect he was an employee. The employee entrance door seemed to be right where I was sitting in the main lobby. I have never seen this before and am concerned that employees are allowed to sleep in the lobby and hang out there. Isn't there an employee lounge? If there isn't, there should be.

I have been to other water park hotels and this was ok but not phenomenal. I am not sure I would visit again.

1  Thank sharonr699
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It’s almost 6:00 and we still don’t have a room. Water park was a mess! No chairs to be found. I thought this place was the best in this area. WRONG! We have 12 people and no where to go. The water park needs a good cleaning crew.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 654reginah

Goodness! This is so upsetting to hear. I'd like to learn more about your experience so that I can address these concerns with our resort leaders. Could you please send me an e-mail at PAConnect@KalahariResorts.com with the name on your reservation and the date you checked in? I look forward to connecting with you soon. Thank you!