“Great host and beautiful ride!”

The Ranch at Pocono Manor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Ranch at Pocono Manor is located on the property of The Inn at Pocono Manor in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. With a newly renovated barn and expanded services, a visit to the Pocono Manor would not be complete without a horse ride through our beautiful woodlands.With 3,000 acres in a magnificent setting, well trained horses, and a staff of professional guides, Pocono Manor Stables offers the perfect adventure. Come and ride along the exclusive picturesque trails and enjoy the abundance of plant and animal species. If you are interested in enjoying the splendor of the great outdoors atop a horse, look no further. Specialized in all levels of riding expertise. Many seasonal and special activities available. Please see our webpage.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had 1.5 hour trail ride w/owner and had a blast. BEAUTIFUL ride through the woods and down into little ravine. Saw a turkey strutting his stuff, doe and fawn and about the most relaxing and beautiful ride I have done. Well worth the money and they had a $10 off coupon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Beautiful Spring ride today. Well cared for horses and equipment, cascading mountain laurel, stream, waterfalls.. great trails with varying terrain make this not your typical one speed, flat trail ride. We will definately be back and watching for creative packages that are in the works for this season!!

1  Thank Jacqueline P
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The horse drawn wagon ride was so relaxing. Everyone at the stables was so friendly. They didn't mind all of our questions and didn't mind holding a conversation with us the entire time of the ride.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

You can fall from it. The trainers couldn't help at all. One is in the very front and the other one is in the very last but I would expect her to follow tightly with me(I'm the last amoung all customs) but she left us quite far. My horse was actually looking for her horse this is why he suddenly turned around and ran without listening to me.
My complaint is that:
1. The instructors should explain the safety measures. Like how do you react if your horse doesn't listen to you any more. What kind of holding back is enough, or how to jump off to minimize the injury all of these are missing
2. Give correct instruction. My instructor has never told me there are two strings, when you want turn right pull the right string. She always held two strings together to set example for me. So when I want turn right, I pulled both strings ; the horse actually fell more pressure from left side so he turned to the opposite direction.
3. Even I have the accident while im doing nothjg wrong. none of the staff there mentioned they should refund / discount my trip. After I fall, I walked back. I only had half trip, including a fall.
Horse riding can be fun they take measurement to fix these issues. Safety is a big thing!

1  Thank Ritvikmathur
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We happen to get the pleasure of going on a sleigh ride. The horses were gorgeous, the staff was so nice to take pictures of the entire party in front of the horses. The ride was beautiful and the perfect length of time. My daughter went on a "pony" ride afterward, and grinned from ear to ear. They were patient and professional.