“Surprise!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Not what we expected after the race. Great food and Carol, our waitress, was wonderful...Walked over from the hotel and expected bar food, which is always good...but got full course dinners. Yummmmm Chicken Parm..

1  Thank Linda520

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Wow scarey, dirty and looks as though they are the hang out for the lower class of the poconos. Smelt old, and my wife was freaked so we had our less than cold beer and left.

1  Thank BarryTrisha
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have brought many friends and family here to dinner and now they request to go when they visit. I have always had a good meal and we especially love their soup of the day which comes in a crock with dinner. Our family takes bets on the soup for the day! Each soup is homemade and full of flavor. If you want something different, try their sweet mashed potatoes. They are fabulous and not normally something you find elsewhere.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My adult children and I enjoyed another fabulous meal here in October. Robert Christians is one of only a few restaurants that still give you soup, in a tourine for the whole family. You can have as much of their homemade soups as you like, and you will like! Included with your entree is their homebaked bread, served on a cutting board piping hot out of the oven, with soft churned butter, yum. We always wind up asking for more.
The next is their salad. I always choose their house salad.It has at least 2 diiferent salad dressings mixed over a fresh mixed green salad with onions.My two sons each orderdd the onion soup, I don't know where they put it. three of us had the prime rib. Everything was great.There was no rome for dessert, just several take away boxed to go.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife daughter and I went on 3/2/13. We did a 7:30 reservation and the table was waiting for us. place was busy. We wanted prime rib which was a special and also on the menu. At 7;30on a saturday night they were out of prime rib. Wife and daughter order delmonico steak special. Mistake. Daughter said was ok but she smothered it in A-!. Wife barely ate it. mashed potatoes were good. I order their signature strip steak. Well that was the worst quality piece of meat i ever got at a restaurant and it was $26. It was fatty and chewy. Sauce and mushrooms ok but the steak was not good. The soup and salad that came with dinner, soup had shrimp and red pepper. Way to many flavors together that did not work for me, plus it was not real hot. great idea just should be better soup and hot. Salad ok. We skippe desert and I had a coffee. Bill was $96 and we will not be back. place is noisy and dated. Food was not real good for what we got. Shame of it is choices of restaurants were minimal. I will drive somewhere else next time. I advise you just keepdriving, do not stop here. I do have a copy of receipt to prove we were here. We chose not to talk to managemnet and just leave.

1  Thank John NJ H