“You won't leave hungry!”

Robert Christians Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My adult children and I enjoyed another fabulous meal here in October. Robert Christians is one of only a few restaurants that still give you soup, in a tourine for the whole family. You can have as much of their homemade soups as you like, and you will like! Included with your entree is their homebaked bread, served on a cutting board piping hot out of the oven, with soft churned butter, yum. We always wind up asking for more.
The next is their salad. I always choose their house salad.It has at least 2 diiferent salad dressings mixed over a fresh mixed green salad with onions.My two sons each orderdd the onion soup, I don't know where they put it. three of us had the prime rib. Everything was great.There was no rome for dessert, just several take away boxed to go.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife daughter and I went on 3/2/13. We did a 7:30 reservation and the table was waiting for us. place was busy. We wanted prime rib which was a special and also on the menu. At 7;30on a saturday night they were out of prime rib. Wife and daughter order delmonico steak special. Mistake. Daughter said was ok but she smothered it in A-!. Wife barely ate it. mashed potatoes were good. I order their signature strip steak. Well that was the worst quality piece of meat i ever got at a restaurant and it was $26. It was fatty and chewy. Sauce and mushrooms ok but the steak was not good. The soup and salad that came with dinner, soup had shrimp and red pepper. Way to many flavors together that did not work for me, plus it was not real hot. great idea just should be better soup and hot. Salad ok. We skippe desert and I had a coffee. Bill was $96 and we will not be back. place is noisy and dated. Food was not real good for what we got. Shame of it is choices of restaurants were minimal. I will drive somewhere else next time. I advise you just keepdriving, do not stop here. I do have a copy of receipt to prove we were here. We chose not to talk to managemnet and just leave.

1  Thank John NJ H
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Not the place to go for a big, thick steak, but everything else is great. The fact that they start you out with a loaf of warm bread, delicious butter, and a crock of homemade soup will keep you coming back. The dining area is good for couples or families, and the bar area is filled with fun, happy, adult conversation.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Robert christain's is comfortable pocono family restaurant.There is a special menu that includes delious homemade soup in a fancy container, salad with homemade salad dressing and an entree.The ny strip and shrimp scampi was a good choice but the shrimp was far better than the steak

For the rest of my review go to http://wp.me/p30pRt-13

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We have visited this establishment before. The food is generally good & service is always excellent. But last time we were there a large group of people came in & sat at the bar right next to us, so we moved to make room for them, which turned out to be a big mistake. The man sitting next to me used the f word in each & every sentence he spoke. This idiot ruined our entire evening. These people clearly knew the owner as he came over to speak with them & he sat at the other side of the bar the entire time we were there & didn't say a word to the moron who clearly had no mastery of the English language as that seemed to be his favorite word. We had planned on staying out but didn't want to make as scene since we figured this behavior must be acceptable there so we left. It was much nicer to be home!!!