“Big beautiful house”
other travelers have booked this property
from covered porch Fire pit, and we supply the firewood.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
from covered porch
Fire pit, and we supply the firewood.
Upper living area and kitchen
Kitchen and dining
one of the bedrooms
lower family room
Pheasant Room (Full bed)
The HOPENSACK Room  (Queen bed)
The SQUIRE Room  (Full bed)
First level Family Room and wet bar
upper bathroom
First level bedroom
front yard
Very convenient to skiing, tubing, cross country ski and snowshoeing.
From the upper porch level
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

New York
“Big beautiful house”
Reviewed August 6, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

As a review of the house:
My friends and I came here to relax. And that we did. There were seven of us and I can honestly say that the house is too big for us lol. We pretty much only used the 2nd floor as it had the kitchen and the deck which had the grill. 4 beautiful bedrooms (3 out of 4 have AC but its really not necessary). 3 bedroom up stairs with a double bed in each room. The only room downstairs (where I slept) had 2 single beds and no ac. 2 full bathrooms. Kitchen fully equipped. Fire pit and grill ready to use. Everything was clean. It was quite and just relaxing. Just to make this review short, this house is amazing in a quiet location. Although I barely spoke to John, he seemed like a great guy. He welcomed us in, then left us be. For me, that's the best an owner can do.

As for tips:
Don't buy meat from Walmart lol. I never shop at walmart, but we needed groceries for the weekend and I thought our only choice was walmart so we shopped there before getting to the house (about 30 minutes away). BIG MISTAKE. I love to cook and was so disappointed at myself when I saw the butcher shop across the street from oregon trail. I did not go in but I am 10000% sure the meat there is better than walmart. There are a couple more shops around like the ice cream place, pizza place and a nifty thrift store. But that's it, so bring stuff to cook/eat.
For other attractions (per the booklets they had in the house) they are pretty far from the house. The ones that peaked my interest were at least 20 minutes away.

If you want a nice, quiet (but can still be loud (we had a karaoke machine and sang our hearts out)), relaxing vacation in a clean house that has everything, then you have to stay here.

P.S. I made s'mores here for the first time lol

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The deck
Liked least: Nothing in this vacation but if I wanted to go to some attractions, they are at least 20 min away so I would dislike that.
Traveling group: Friends
Large groups
Apr 7, 2016
I am sorry I missed responding to your glowing review. Your comment about the Butcher shop is spot on; that shop is great and with an excellent selection of choice meats, sausages and some exotic items as well.
We're glad you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back in the future.

Cheers,
John, Millie and Donna
Clarissa2...
“Perfect for Families”
Reviewed July 22, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I planned a trip for young children and a teenager. This rental was perfect to accommodate a mixed age family. We had two TV's and the kids had their own room. The house is close to Lake Harmony, hiking, ATV tours, waterparks, and rafting. After a day of fun we cooked dinner and ate as a family. The best part was making s'mores at the fire pit.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Oct 23, 2015
You have a lovely family; we look forward to your return. I sounds as if you enjoyed some many of the activities the Poconos has to enjoy; we love it when our guests go out there and get involved. Then you can spend quiet time with your friends and family.

Best regards,
John and Millie
Sanjeewa...
“nice place to spend with your family”
Reviewed June 19, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

we have enjoyed a lot . we were all 14 with kids. still the house could accommodate easily.. very homely feeling....patio grill is awesome. had a wonderful time with making BBQ. out door fire was banned from the city. it was a bad news. suggestion to owner is that GPS directions are sometimes not showing properly for what every reason. we had little trouble finding it.

its not a big deal at all once you found the place.. thanks for everything again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: specious
Liked least: outer apperance
Traveling group: Extended Family
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 10, 2017
I can't believe I missed this great review. You folks were wonderful guests and we welcome you back on your next visit.
Good news, we've had rain and all is green so the firepit is ready to be enjoyed.
Cheers,
john
Keith973
“The best house rental. I've ever stayed in!”
Reviewed February 10, 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

This house was AMAZING! Not only was it the cleanest house we have ever rented but the nicest, most welcoming owners. It was a very homey environment. Quite and VERY relaxing They even left pancake batter, eggs, orange juice and a fresh stick of butter for the next morning breakfast. As well as condiments! All we had to bring was some food and cloths!(drinks of coarse) EVERYTHING else was taken care of! I have NEVER had a rental experience like this before! Thank you John!

Oct 23, 2015
Glad you liked it; the pancakes are just to be a "little country", maybe we'll start calling them flap-jacks again.
Come back and see us again.

John and Millie
NJ
Reviewed January 19, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Jan 19, 2014
Millie and I were pleased to have you and your friends as our guests. You are certainly welcome back at any time, you left the place in immaculate condition.

John
Dalmatia
Reviewed November 5, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Deepak088
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Very nice home and even better home owners”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Stayed at this place for a week in aug 2012 with wife and 2 kids,7 and 9. Would highly recommend this place. John and Millie are the nicest people you can find. They will try to do whatever they can to make sure you enjoy your stay. House has plenty of room with 4 bedrooms and 2 baths. Kids enjoyed the tv and chess. Kitchen was fully stocked which my wife was very impressed with and it's close to area attractions. If you are planning a vacation in this area, I would highly recommend this place.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Owners of the property
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing