“Everything we were looking for...”

California Pizza Kitchen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stopped at the local California Pizza Kitchen because we were looking for an outside dinner venue...(they have a decent setup for eating outside)...and because we had a gift certificate. That being said, we had a nice experience, overall, and would recommend giving this eatery a try. We sat outside and received prompt service even though the restaurant was crowded. The beer was cold and we shared a very delicious Spinach & Artichoke Dip. A Caramelized Peach/Chicken Salad and a Margherita Pizza was ordered for dinner and they were both very, very good!! We felt the pricing was fair and would rate this as a very good place to go.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We were made aware that our local zoo was having a fundraiser where 20% of the bill went to support them, so we decided to go here for dinner that night. We haven’t been here for dinner since they opened tears ago, for no particular reason really – I remember it being fine, but nothing special, so maybe that was why. Anyway, from start to finish, our dining experience was great!

They take call-ahead seating, so when we arrived, we were seated immediately (by a very nice host). It wasn’t overly busy and we had 2 small children with us (3 & 5), so they offered us a choice between a high top table & a booth. We chose a booth & were seated at a roomy round booth. The ambience was nice – warm colors, stone walls, and pleasant décor. We had occasion to visit the restrooms during our visit, and they were nice & clean as well as tastefully decorated. There were only 2 stalls in the ladies room though, so that would be my one complaint if I had to pick something.

Prior to our visit, I had joined their “Pizza Dough Program” for rewards, and actually got a coupon for a free small plate upon joining. I also printed out their nutritional information booklet as I am on a diet, and it really helped me with my selections. Speaking of which, there were a lot of lower calorie/fat selections to choose from – between the small plates, lite adventures and regular meals. You don’t often find that at chain restaurants, and it was refreshing to not only have 2-3 items to pick from. You also get tasty bread with dipping oil/spices prior to your meal.

Our waitress Teena was friendly, cheerful, interactive and on-point. We started with the spicy fennel & sausage poblano flatbread, and I got the sesame ginger chicken dumplings with a side of tortilla soup as my meal; my husband got the thin crust meat cravers pizza. The kids got pizza & mac-n-cheese. All items were REALLY good. I’d say the kid’s meals were one of the best kid’s meals we’ve had in a chain restaurant in a long time. My daughter went out of her way to tell Teena how much she enjoyed both items (the kids shared bites). They also offered affordable kids desserts, and yummy looking grown-up desserts as well (we shared the key lime pie; we are hard-pressed to find good key lime pie, and this was good – right down to the homemade graham cracker crust). Not only did they honor our coupon for a free small plate, but we also received $10 off the meal. Once we have $100 of spending associated with our account, we’ll get $5 towards a future purchase – not bad!

A good time was had by all, and we will keep this on top of our list of places to go for a family dinner going forward. Had they not worked with our zoo, we probably wouldn’t have stopped in. We can’t wait until the warmer weather moves in so we can enjoy dining out on their patio too!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I was there before for diner, but in this stay I had lunch. Great combos of salad+ Pitza or soup+ Pizza. The soup was very good (Farmer's market soup) and the pizza was thin and fresh. Good service and good price. I will come back.
at dinner time they have a promotion of a dineer and a movie - when you get a main course, you get movie tickets at 8$. we liked it!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have been going to this cpk for a few months and I have had nothing but wonderful experiences, the food comes out quickly, and if you have kids screming for food they bring theirs out first to keep them quiet, and do a wonderful job of keeping the little ones happy!
Afterwards you can head over to the mall on hot or cold days and nights and enjoy the little mall in the Plymouth meeting area!

1  Thank gokart2
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Loved their farm veggie soup! Would go back just to have it again. The service was pleasant and all if my food was tasty! Cannot end a meal without coffee and their coffee was perfect.