My husband and I and our pets came to know the hotel and this location in particular during a Feb 2014 winter storm in which we lost power. We were afraid for 2 of our pets in particular, who have compromised immune systems. To our shock, none of the the pet hotels were willing to accomodate our pets in this emergency situation - either the vaccine statuses were unverifiable due to the vet hospitals being closed OR they required 48 hrs advanced vaccinations before boarding (I was willing to get them revaccinated that same day) AND we were given a hard time about our elderly dog who shouldnt get certain vaccines, but they are required for boarding...we were so stressed out thinking they could suffer in our freezing house through the emergency.
Hotels in the area were unsurprisingly booked, especially the ones willing to accept pets. The Plymouth Meeting location of ESA was an unexpected surprise in the middle of the chaos and should be commended for their pleasant, helpful customer service and approach during a community crisis. First, they started a Wait List that other nearby ES Americas did not offer, aleviating some stress for my family - and thankfully, we got in!
Next, the manager, Kathi Hilgert agreed to waive the 2 pet rule for us, since this wasn't a "fun" visit. That in itself endeared my husband and myself to the chain. We are so grateful for the flexibility offered by Extended Stay Plymouth Meeting that we didnt find elsewhere. In addition, Kathi took my calls with gracious humor, as did a lovely staff member - Kahmilia (I likely butchered the spelling of her name). They must have been under tremendous pressure last week, but their perky attitudes never led you to know it.
The room we stayed in was clean and there was no odor - you could not tell it was a pet-friendly room. The rooms had great climate control, ample pillows, and the mattress was comfortable to sleep in.
What added to our stay was that the hotel is in a perfect, convenient locale - right off major arteries, a 1 minute walk from Starbucks, across the street from a Mall with several nice, sitdown restaurants and a small food court, a Whole Foods, several screen movie theater AND perhaps 5 minutes away from a Big Box shopping center with a pet store, bookstore, supermarket and housewear store, and a few others....You do not have to be familiar with the area to get around easily.
We would stay here again hands down, especially out of gratitude for how accomodating the staff was to our pet situation. If I had only one less enthusiastic observation, the tv channels left a little to be desired and there was no pay per view. However, that really is negligable considering the value we got overall.
Thank you to everyone who allayed our fears and provided us with a great stay. Other businesses should learn from their crisis mode managment and become more flexible and a better neighbor.
Lisa, Paul and our beloved pets
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plymouth Meeting Extended Stay
- Extended Stay Plymouth Meeting