“Almost perfect for the business traveller”

SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I was impressed with just about everything at SpringHill Suites. The hotel sits on a hill, and I visited during one of this winter's frequent ice storms. Staff was out salting and keeping the walks safe. The hotel itself is lovely, very clean and new-looking. The rooms are pretty, and architecturally give the impression of being much larger than they actually are. My room had a microwave, fridge, hair dryer, and the usual bathroom amenities. I was told the whirlpool tub at the pool was awesome :-)

As others have said, you can hear noise in the hallway very clearly. I was hoping reports of "wired only" internet were dated, but --nope. No wireless, which is inconvenient for those of us who have simplified to an iPad. However, for clean, lovely facilities, pleasant staff, everything the business traveler needs in a neat, compact room, this place can't be beat.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed January 8, 2011

I am staying in the Springhill Suites in Plymouth Meeting with two children ages 5 and 10, having selected the property as the result of excellent TripAdvisor reviews. The room is very clean and nicely appointed for the price range. We were very pleased with the restaurant recommended as "kid-friendly" by the front desk clerk, Dawson's, situated about 100 yards from the hotel. However, our stay was ruined by a party on our floor that continued to be loud well after 11:00 pm despite the fact that I called the front desk twice to complain. The first time I called, around 9:30 pm, I asked that the front desk send a security person because of the loudness of the noise and what was clearly a large group of people. Nothing happened. The second time I called, about an hour later, the clerk at the front desk told me that someone had called the noisy room earlier and that another call would be made. Clearly, she was irritated by my call and not interested in pursuing my complaint any further than calling the noisy guest room(s). The noise subsided slightly around 11:20 but some noise continued. My children were unable to fall asleep until around 11:30 pm as a result of the noise (but eventually succumbed to exhaustion). I stayed in hotels for business and pleasure over 150 nights last year and rarely complain. This was an unpleasant exception.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank wff
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We had originally planned to stay 3 nights, but when a foot of snow came along, we spent a 4th night in this very comfortable hotel, perched high atop a hill north of Philly, just off the Pennsy Turnpike. When it wasn't snowing, the sunsets were awesome. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions & suggestions about where to shop & eat. Our 5th floor suite was just a wee bit cramped because of how the dividing walls were placed. We had a 32" HD TV, free internet, a small microwave & a "cooling" refrigerator with no freezer. The front desk folks said we could use their freezer if we needed to keep stuff frozen. It would have been nice to have some variation on the eggs & sausage theme for hot breakfast items.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Stay was nice, bed was fairly comfortable, staff was professional. Breakfast was good with a lot of different options.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The room was large and had a separate little work area, living room-type area and sink, microwave and fridge. Getting to Valley Forge and then to Historic Philadelphia was easy and convenient. There were quite a few restaurants around, especially across the street at Plymouth Meeting Mall that were family-friendly.

Hotel and room was quite clean; staff was friendly and helpful (they gave us a guide to local restaurants when we checked in - nice touch!); and, the location was great.

Pool was a bit small (and my kids told me quite cold), but it seemed to be good enough. Fitness room had enough newer pieces of equipment that working out was fine.

The complimentary breakfast was great. However, we noticed that over the weekend the waffle machines were put away (which I found to be a bit disappointing since I love waffles and had ben looking forward to some, but I did get one during the week).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Everything about this hotel is fantastic. I stayed in a gorgeous room, modern feel. Extremely comfortable. I slept very well. It was quiet and conducive to getting some work done as I was there on business. If I am ever back in town I will stay there!

Reviewed March 21, 2010

Got a great price online and figured we would be getting middle of the road, vanilla hotel room. The definition of "suite" varies wildly in the hotel industry and we were happily surprised to find a spacious, well-appointed suite. Clean and quite, spacious closets, good breakfast. All in all, we will definitely return to this hotel if we return to this area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann13820
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth Meeting
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
#2 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#5 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting
Extended Stay America - Philadel...
#6 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!