“Irresponsible GM” 2 of 5 bubbles

SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Maryland
“Irresponsible GM”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2007

I will never stay here again. I lost something worth about $100 and I repeatedly called the General Manager asking for assistance and contacted Marriott directly. After a week or 2 a maintenance worker called and said it was not there. I am a regular Marriott customer and did not appreciate being ignored by the GM. If they responded immediately maybe they could have found it. The trip cost me an extra $100 so this hotel will never see another dime from me. There is no excuse for poor customer service. My advice: PROTECT YOUR BELONGINGS!!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank JJZ209

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2006

After an hour I had to leave / check out. The entire hotel has electronic fragrance dispensers. On each floor by the elevator is the dispenser, exactly the same as you'd find in a public rest room. The fruity chemical essence from the dispenser permeates the hallway and enters the hotel room. I checked in at 7pm, December 23rd, after a long day drive. I am a Marriott loyalist and I wanted a room around ~$99 in the area to visit my daughter. After just an hour in the room, my eyes were watering and I had difficulty breathing. Nothing to do but leave. I'm shocked that Marriott would allow these devices throughout the hotel. I'm very disappointed. I had a nice stay at the Hampton Inn nearby.

• Disliked — Chemical fragrance machines throughout hotel.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
4 Thank EasyRiderRidesAgain
Rockville, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2006

The SpringHill Suites by Marriott was wonderful!! I was up there recently sightseeing with my husband.

The location is perfect. We visited the King of Prussia mall, Philadelphia, and Valley Forge...all less than 20 minutes from the hotel. It's a very attractive building. The interior is beautiful and fresh looking. I love their new bedding!! No more bedspreads! The new bedding is so comfy and fresh looking...I wanted to sleep all day! And the pillows....wow!

The staff was wonderful, especially the front desk staff, who gave us direction cards to find the places we wanted to go to.

Finally, the breakfast was the best continental complimentary breakfast I've ever had while staying at a hotel. We will definitely return to Philadelphia to the Plymouth Meeting SpringHill Suites.

Stayed August 2006
6 Thank rachemation
Fredericksburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2006

This hotel is AWESOME!! I had 15 children and 3 adults with me while we visited Sesame Place Amusement Park and touring Philadelphia. The hotel is extremely clean, spacious for adults traveling with children and has a "home" feel. The free breakfast is plentiful and full of variety. The hotel staff, from the desk clerk to the maids, were very pleasant and helpful with directions and information regarding surrounding restaurants and stores. I have told all of my friends who plan to visit Philadelphia that it is worth the 20 minute drive to stay at this location. I will stay here again!!!

4 Thank TU1991
Athens, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2006

Springhill Suites is our preferred family lodging and this property lived up to our expectations. Nice room, friendly and professional staff, good breakfast and a great location. If you get a room in the front of the hotel you have a great view with the hotel sitting on top of a hill. The property was well maintained and clean. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank coastermeister
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2006

We spent 8 nights at the SpringHill Suites Plymouth Meeting for our Philadelphia vacation. We had a very pleasant stay, and found the location quite good - about 30-45 minutes to Independence Hall depending on traffic. It's also pretty close to Valley Forge and West Chester (we HAD to go to QVC).

There are a few restaurants very close, and a very large cluster of restaurants about a 15 minute drive away with just about every chain that has ever opened an eatery.

Excellent breakfasts, superior front desk staff, typical SpringHill Suites room (although maybe a couple feet bigger than others I have stayed at). For our family of 4, SpringHill Suites offer a perfect sleeping arrangement with a King plus a pull-out sofa for the kids.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank buffaloboy2000
Gloria S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, July 27, 2016
Thank for your feedback, your opinion is important to us. We strive hard to make sure our guests are satisfied and comfortable. Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotel. I will pass along your feedback to my staff. Please come back to see us again soon !
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2005

What a wonderful stay we had at the SpringHill Suites in Plymouth Meeting. We were stopping off on a longer trip down south and needed something about halfway. We've had pretty good experiences with Marriott in the past so we thought we'd give it a try. What a great place. We booked a room with 2 double beds. We asked for a quiet room and were placed on an upper floor all the way at the end of the hall. It was definately quiet! The room was very clean. One TV in the bedroom area and one in the living area. The living area had a couch that was a pull out full sized bed and a comfortable chair with ottoman. Off the living area was a nice office desk and chair and a small kitchen area with a fridge and microwave. The linens in the closet for the pull out bed were in a dust proof bag. Having a bad dust allergy I was very impressed! We used the indoor pool. That was very nice too! We didn't know about the area restaurants, so we asked the front desk and were given a listing of all the area restaurants with the type of food served and directions to each! We even checked out the local mall which was very nice! Lastly, the free breakfast buffet was great. They even had eggs and sausage. The only thing I would suggest was some more seating capacity, but if you couldn't find a seat you could just take your meal up to the room. I would definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank elbythecat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth Meeting
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#5 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
#2 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting
Extended Stay America - Philadel...
#6 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!