“Fine place to stay”

SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Reviewed May 15, 2012

It was clean and quiet, with a decent breakfast. They didn't replenish my shampoo or soap, which I would have appreciated in a three night stay. Desk staff was friendly and helpful. Air conditioner was loud when it went on, but was quiet the rest of the time.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel was nice and quiet. We were on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for several months while I am deployed on a project for work. I really want to give it a good review, because the hotel does have a lot of good points. The staff are almost all very friendly and accommodating, they have a good breakfast every morning, they have a very convenient laundry room, the gym is small but decent, the rooms are all spacious and have fridges and microwaves, and the rooms and lobby have all been newly decorated and look nice.

Recently however, every room I have stayed in here has an almost overpowering chemical-y/floral-y scent from some cleaner or air freshner that is used. We're not talking about a light or even moderate smell here, but an eyes-watering, sneezing, barely-able-to-breathe level of stench. When I go to sleep in the rooms here I wake up with a bad headache and feeling nauseous. The smell would not be a big deal if you could just open a window and air the room out a bit, but all the windows in the rooms are nailed shut, making it impossible to get any fresh air. It actually makes me worry about the staff at this hotel - there is no way it is healthy for people to be breathing in this high amount of chemicals on a regular basis.

Anyways, if it weren't for the smell, I would say this place is great, but unfortunately, the smell makes staying here both unpleasant, and potentially quite unhealthy!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AshleyW356
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I spent 3 nights here and really have no complaints about my stay. My room was extremely clean and spacious. I had a 1 BR studio suite that included a couch, coffee table, desk and chair, mini-refrigerator, microwave, and wet bar. I thoguht the ceiling fan was a nice touch and is something I have not seen in other Marriott properties. The large flat screen tv was nice as well and the bed was comfortable. All in all, the room met my expectations.

My room was on the 5th floor. Check-in was smooth and there was plenty of free parking despite the hotel being quite busy with travelers in town for the Penn Relays. The free breakfast provided a lot of variety from cold cereal to bagels to waffles. An employee named Joseph was working in the dining area one morning and was very accommodating and hospitable. The gym was a bit small, but is what I would expect from a hotel gym. It did include 2 elliptical machines and 2 treadmills, along with some free weights. I did make use of the gym and all the equipment (which appeared pretty new) while there and encountered no issues. I appreciated having the machines wired to the TVs which made my workouts go by quicker with that as a distraction.

There are several restaurants in the immediate area and a shopping mall (Plymouth Meeting Mall) just a few minutes away. The location is great with direct access to major routes (PA Turnpike, Route 476, etc.).

Room Tip: If you have AAA make sure to reserve with the AAA rate, which will save you at least 10%.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I needed a good nights sleep after 3 days of meetings and travel. My room was newly renovated, clean and comfortable. The only downside was the breakfast - under cooked sausage and not much variety. But there is a Starbucks right around the corner!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is a run of the mill Spring-Hill suites average in just about every way possible. My room on the 8th floor had WAY too much room freshener sprayed in it, making the room smell like a bad perfume shop. Don't get me wrong I'd rather a fresh scent over a moldy scent anyway, but this was over the top.

The staff are very nice, and treat their platinum members well. I'd stay here again, but the room would have to pass the sniff test!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fryfrye
Reviewed January 19, 2012

they were kind in sending me a notice that their lobby is torn up, and make shift lobby and bkfst room is establised in meeting rooms. My room was fine- but $130 a nite when they are doing a makeover.... breakfast bar was well maintained...workers started pounding at 6:45AM... BE AWARE

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2011

The rooms were nice, big and clean. We wanted attached rooms with another family we were traveling with and although we had requested it, when we arrived at 10pm it was not available to us. The pool was nice, open late only weird part was it closed earlier on week ends than week days (bummer for those who want to take late night swims). Continental breakfast was better than what you'd expect, lots of choices. One day we got up late when they were just about to wrap up breakfast the kind lady who takes care of the food area was sweet enough to start opening the fridge and things up again and leaving things out for a few more minutes so we could get our children some breakfast before going to the Please Touch Museum. This was very nice to go out of her way for us! Not to far from the Philly attractions, cheese steaks and King of Prussia.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#5 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
#2 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting
Extended Stay America - Philadel...
#6 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!