“A ridiculously good deal, great hotel for the price”

SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Chicago, IL
“A ridiculously good deal, great hotel for the price”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Let me start by saying if I had paid the published rate for this hotel ($189/night) I would have been dissatisfied. As it happened, I got a ridiculously discounted AAA rate of $98/night, which was a steal.
A quick tip if you have never stayed here before: when your GPS tells you you've arrived at your destination, and you still don't see the hotel, just look up. It sits high on a hill right above the Bank of America branch.
The lobby seems new-ish, and they have a pretty well stocked snack shop. Cookies out in the afternoons. The fitness room has good equipment but is cramped, they've tried to maximize usage of the floor space, but I was a little too close for comfort to the guy on the treadmill next to me.
The rooms were on the old side, carpet shows wear, and to my extreme annoyance, the work desk faced a wall, and had no view of the TV. I did some creative furniture rearranging to solve this problem. The beds and pillows were way too soft for my liking. There was no garbage can in the bathroom (seems like a basic thing to overlook).
The hotel is less than a mile from the Plymouth Meeting mall, which has a host of restaurant choices. There's also a Starbucks a block away.

Room Tip: Better to be away from the elevators - they make a loud double beep when they open and close
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Springhill Suites Plymouth Meeting was a very nice hotel after a long day on the road. The hotel was clean, had modern conveniences, and a free breakfast (very similar to Residence Inns). The room was small and only had free wired internet, but there was a microwave and refrigerator. At this price, they offer a much better stay than others in the class.

Room Tip: Be a Marriott Rewards member.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the continental breakfast is one of the best we have had. Great stay. The bed was a little on the soft side, but other than that it was spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 9, 2011

My wife and I stayed here twice within a month. Each time, our experience was the same: the staff were excellent; the room was excellent; the complimentary breakfast was excellent; our stays were excellent.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 7, 2011

So I tried to take a break from the Exton area based on my previous reviews. Boy I would have been better off out there to be honest.

When I went into the hotel, I was impressed with the lobby and thought, "Boy did I make a great choice". My excitement ended after check-in. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful upon check-in. This is last good thing I'll say about this hotel.

When I walked in the room I was met by a stale room smell. Anyone that knows hotels knows what I'm talking about. I called down to the front desk and I was told that they were sold out and their were no rooms available. So after further inspection I noticed the coffee pot was never cleaned and I had a mug with lipstick on it.

The room is clearly dated, see the photos. The one bright spot was the TV which was a new LG LCD. So I fired up my laptop hoping to get some work down only to find out they don't have wireless. Now it doesn't say they do on their website but what modern hotel doesn't have wireless. I mean the red roof inn has wirless for a fifth of the price. When I called the front desk to complain she explained that its wired only and its per the owners that there is only wireless in the lobby. The next morning I went down and noticed it was a "managed" property. IE cost above all else. Which brings me to breakfast. The selection wasn't horrible but they were out of a lot of things and the person who was stocking seemed more interested in their smoke breaks.

I came back my second night and was exhausted but was ready to take a dip. I went down to the pool only to see a film on the pool. I don't know if it was cleaned or not but when you see things floating in a pool this can't be a good thing.

The location is excellent with the Mall nearby and numerous dining choices. Unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros and I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Ashley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Staying at the Springhill Suites was a pleasure. Check in was fast.. Easy parking.
The rooms are not the largest in the Marriot Chain, but perfect for a solo traveler. Not a problem for any additonal people, if you all like the same tv program. My room had one tv. The rooms are sectioned off in such a manor that the tv can be viewed from the "living room area" or the bedroom. The hotel was spotless, as was my room. This hotel is located in a area which is shopper friendly. I cannot comment on the breakfast, this stay, which is served daily. The staff members were friendly, helpfull and a delight!!!!
The pool area is located off the lobby with limited view of those passing to gain entry into the elevators. It is not a large pool, but from the kids playing around, everyone enjoyed it!!! Very inviting area!!!

Room Tip: Beautiful views from the upper floors!!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
massachusetts
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We spent two nights at the hotel. The staff was friendly and responsive. The room was a bit oddly configured, but otherwise comfortable and clean. We faced the back of the hotel, away from highways and busy distractions, which was nice.

The only negative was that the hotel uses a lot of styrofoam and plastic at breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth Meeting
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#5 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
#2 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting
Extended Stay America - Philadel...
#6 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!