“Best Mexican Around at great prices!”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
“Best Mexican Around at great prices!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place has great authentic Mexican food for reasonable prices - it does get really busy Friday and Saturday nights - usually a wait if you go after 6 pm. My favorite is their tableside guacamole - for $8 you get a huge bowl of guac freshly made at your table and they'll make extra spicy or not spicy - however you want it. Also great enchiladas, burritos, tamales, etc....and if you have room for desert try the Flan!

• Visited January 2013

New York City, New York
“Okay Mexican food”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was here on a Saturday night with my wife and the place was busy. We waited about 20 minutes to be seated which was reasonable. Our server was nice. The menu was extensive. The enchiladas suizas I ordered was decent but nothing to write home about. The taco salad my wife ordered was decent also, again nothing special. The prices were reasonable. The chips and salsa on the table were okay. There were lots of televisions within view of the table which is nice if you wanted to watch a game or race. There is a bar as well.

• Visited February 2013
“Slow service - over cooked food”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My Steak Azteca was ordered medium-rare. After a lengthy wait (+40 minutes) for my food, the meat was more than well done and tough. I left disappointed in my meal.

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was in KOP for a week long training class. One night, I wanted to do some shopping at a store that was located in Plymouth Meeting. I decided to do an online search for restaurant ideas and came up with Plaza Azteca. The address may be a bit off because my GPS was insisting I take an illegal turn onto one of the turnpike access roads. I'm glad I decided to drive around and found it just before giving up altogether. The parking lot was completely full on an early weeknight so I took that for a good sign. Being solo, I debated taking the meal to go but since I was so hungry, decided to stay. It seemed like a really fun place to be with a group. Not the best solo, but my nook kept me company while waiting for my food. I had a frozen margarita which was the bomb! Perfectly mixed and surprisingly strong. The chips and salsa and dip were delicious! I had the carne asada and though it wasn't a top quality cut of beef, it was perfectly delicious, a generous portion and a steal at 10.99 for dinner! My tummy was extremely satisfied! The best part was taking the leftovers back to my hotel where a mini fridge and microwave got me a second meal out of it the next day. Sadly, I was feeling the margarita and walked for a few minutes outside in the cool crisp air before driving back to KOP. I would have come back many times, but didn't allow myself any repeats during the week. Just almost made an exception. I will definitely seek out Plaza Azteca if I'm in the area again!

• Visited January 2013
Norristown, Pennsylvania
“great gaucomole but blah to the food”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

They do a great gaucomole table side. it was fresh and tasted so yummy. The tacos and fajitas were just average. my Chulupas reminde me of a hot packet.

Visited April 2012