“Big Piles of Meat for Cheap”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Pretty good Mexican restaurant that was converted from an old Macaroni Grille. This didn't really convey an authentic Mexican feel in my opinion, still reminded me of eating in a Macaroni Grille. The food here however was very good and affordable. Ordered the fajitas which came with steak, chicken and chorizo. It was quite literally a pile of
meat loaded onto a skillet, all for 13
dollars. I have no idea how this place
manages to stay in business? The fajitas
were awesome but there was a lot of
food. I recommend splitting an order
with another person. My only minor
complaint was that I wished they
provided more veggies in the fajita mix.
Still very tasty though. Also, try the table
side guacamole, it was excellent and a wonderful accompaniment to the chips.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

This place looks like it would have a good happy hour crowd. I stopped while on a long driving trip and have many good things to say: prompt & friendly service, good food, good ambience, and good value. Right off 276 and 476.

1  Thank NuttyCrab
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Great reasonably priced food. Drinks are tasty and not overly priced like manayunk or the city. Service is quick. Long wait on the weekends. Staff takes up the whole parking lot. overall my favorite place to eat in Plymouth meeting.

Reviewed January 7, 2010

I frequent this establishment at least once a week. The food is delicious, comes out quickly and is very reasonably priced. My husband and I can easily order 2 drinks, an appetizer, 2 entress, and make it out in under $40.00. The outside hasn't changed from when it was the Macaroni Grill. The inside looks authentic... like places I've been to in Mexico City. Don't be fooled by the parking lot.... Sometimes it looks like it's going to be crowded inside, but I think it's the staff that takes up the close customer parking...
** I highly recommend the carnitas and the Chambord margarita. My husband orders a 32 oz beer for $5 at happy hour.

Reviewed October 27, 2009

I've eaten here twice for lunch recently. The food is very inexpensive yet tasty. They have a section of order-by-number lunch specials that are only $7.50. And to that a soda or drink and two people are in and out for a mid-week business lunch for around $20 + tip.

The services has always been excellent for me. The food is fresh. The chips are good. We dont' have many Mexican restaurants to choose from around here so Plaza Azteca definately fits the bill.