“By far the worst food I've had....ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Dawson's Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Dawson's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
American Fork, Utah
“By far the worst food I've had....ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I thought I was ordering a simple meal. Salad was wilted, fish was fishy and raw, broccoli was over cooked. I won't be going back.

1 Thank Gicko

Dixon, IL
“Another Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

My wife and I ate there on Christmas Eve. Our waitress, Dorothy, made us feel right at home once again. We live 850 miles away and get here just at Christmas time. Dorothy remembered our last visit. My wife enjoyed the Porterhouse steak special of the day & I enjoyed my seafood pasta, which was loaded with delicious scallops, shrimp and crabmeat. We really enjoy eating here!.

• Visited December 2011
“Should have known better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

We went to Dawson's because Of the long wait at Plaza Azteca across the street. We had been there before when it was JB Dawsons and figured it would be fine. I should have known from the start. The signs on the building were from the JB Dawsons days. The new owners just took the JB down and left two holes and an off center Dawsons. At 7pm on a Saturday night the place was empty. We were seated and I opened up a filthy menu full of dried food and crumbs. I ordered the onion soup and a steak. The soup was cold and full of particles of spices that are usually strained. My wife and I shares a few spoonfuls and left the rest. Our Russian waiter seemed unconcerned and just took the soup without asking us why the bowl was full. My steak came with a caesar salad thar was ok. The steak was extremely tough which I discovered was because it was raw. My wife ordered ribs which were not nearly as good as in the JB Dawsons days. I was very disappointed especially since the restaurant is not inexpensive. There are much better restaurants in the area. I can't imagine how Dawsons stays in business. Maybe everyone goes there once.

3 Thank Flyers27
Dixon, IL
“Outstanding Food &Service !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

We were delighted to discover Dawson's just down the hill from our hotel in Plymouth Meeting, PA. We went there 2 nights in a row just after Christmas. Each time we received a warm welcome and outstanding service from Dorothy. It is both a spacious, yet warm place to enjoy a quiet & romantic meal with real gas lamps nearby. We were never rushed, even though the 2nd night we arrived just a few minutes before closing time. Dorothy said, "Take as much time as you need!" We can't recommend this place enough.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank bearded_bard
reading
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST RIBS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2010

They easily have the best ribs in the area, better than red stone at the mall (and they are cheaper too)

1 Thank sammykid12