“Went downhill”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In Plymouth Meeting Mall
Description: Prepare for a dining experience unlike any other. Watch as your personal chef performs the ancient art of Teppanyaki. Listen as razor-sharp blades slice through tender steak and juicy chicken. Take in the aroma of sizzling shrimp, lobster and savory vegetables. Or visit our sushi bar, where your sushi chef will prepare fresh nigiri, sashimi and specialty rolls, all with the same flair that made Benihana a legend in Japanese cuisine.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've been to this restaurant a few times, probably once or twice a year since it has opened and I always loved the food just not the stomach pains afterward. I went again the last week and everything was terrible; the chef, the food, the service. The chef couldn't do his tricks and got grease on my boyfriends shirt several times. The Benihana rice they charge extra for that used to be worth every penny tasted like dog food. I was very disappointed. I will never go back.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The service was great and the food tasted great but we all had upset stomachs when we got home. One thing I didnt like is that the meal is pieced together so that if you want a small bite of everything together the first item cooked would be cold by the time you get to eat it. I guess I just like my meal deliver all at once.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I took my son to the Benihana in the Plymouth Meeting Mall for his 21st birthday. I had a seafood combination; he had beef and seafood. First, everything was so fresh that the flavors popped out. Watching the chef prepare everything right there was fascinating and the most enjoyment I've had in a restaurant that I can remember.

I was so enthralled by our chef that I got a bit jealous when I saw him going to prepare the meal for another family. Oh -- and plus -- they sang happy birthday to my son & his drink was free.

But the actual proof of the excellence of the experience is this: while we were in the restaurant, my son posted on Facebook, "At Benihana with my mom. She's the best." I'm a fan.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Our granddaughter loves this restaurant. It provides for an entertaining dinner as the food is prepared in the middle of the table and the chefs do cater to children. The food is good, with seafood (shrimp, lobster) being the tastiest. The chefs are no longer consistently Asian and perhaps not always as skilled as was once the case, but, nevertheless, the "show" is enjoyable.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Great food, and good selection of wines.
Even though our chef seemed to be a bit inexperienced (he dropped the egg while doing a trick, and accidentally threw a shrimp in the wrong direction lol) we had a great time.!