“Awesome visit”

Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Went home to visit family for the Thanksgiving holiday. Great staff, comfortable room and nice overall hotel. Great central location and easy access to major highways. Located was next to Plymouth Meeting mall that had a great selection of restaurants to select from. We will be back.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank JeffandBeth2002
PHLCY Hotel Man... M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent visit to our hotel. We are delighted to read you had a great holiday return visit to our hotel. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in the Pymouth Meeting area. We know there are many choices out there and truly appreciate your patronage.

Have a great holiday season and we hope to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great lobby design and helpful desk staff. Missed not having a free breakfast deal, but the purchased items from their grill were very good and well-prepared. Convenient location to walk to the nearby mall and other eateries. Well-lighted parking area and plenty of spaces are provided. Room was very clean. Everything worked in the room - except the sink drain plunger would not open, so you had to remove it to drain the sink. This was reported by a note to the Front Desk but it never got fixed during the 3-day stay.
But yes, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experiences around your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and appoligize for the lack of follow-up on our teams part. We have fixed the issue in your room so that future guests can enjoy the room without any concern.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed one night. I like the reception/lobby area contemporary design. There is plenty of information flowing with the multiple monitors. The desk attendants were friendly and there was no checkin issue. As we proceeded from the up-to-date reception area to our room, you could see the aging or lack of updating. The wall paper on the first floor is much newer than the upper floors. Once in the room, we noticed that there were bugs in the bathroom ceiling light and water damage with mole starting to grow in the ceiling above the bathtub. Otherwise, the room had double beds and was pretty much as expected. Beds felt soft, but I am not too sensitive to bed hardness/softnessGym room equipment was fine and in working order.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
PHLCY Hotel Man... M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate your comments as we use them to improve our facility and for areas to focus training on. We are looking forward to a room renovation of our guest rooms during the later part of the first quater of 2014. During this process our guest rooms will reflect the updated mood that you experienced in our lobby.

Thank you again for your feedback and we thank you for your patronage.

Regards ,

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was a nice hotel when we finally found it! The address posted is not the correct one for the GPS, SO WE WASTED 1/2 hr and two calls to locate the property! Checkin was quick and I was offered an upgrade to a suite with a king bed and a fold out instead of the two queens I had booked. After the bad bed last we we a little concerned about the quality of sleep on the fold out. No need to worry, it was more comfortable than the queen bed of the night before. The room was in the older part of the hotel, but it was clean and comfortable with two 32inch flat screens. A small fridge and mirowave were on the wet bar. The shower was a little on the small size for a suite but we survived. Excellent pool and hot tube area. We did not eat there but there is a bistro on property if you want. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
PHLCY Hotel Man... M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent trip to our hotel. Our appoligizes in the difficulty in finding the hotel. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable visit to the proeprty. Yes, our guestrooms are a little dated but we are looking forward to a room renovation towards the later part of the first quarter of 2014. We hope you have a chance to enjoy the property once the refresh is completed.

Thank you for selecting our property for your visit to the area.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We went there for a vacation trip and stayed there. Hotel is good and located away from the main road. Quite envrion. ENough parking space. But hotel looks a bit older which can be changed by renovation.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
PHLCY Hotel Man... M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your review of our property. We appreciate your positive feedback. As for our guestrooms, we are in the planning process of a renovation for our rooms in the first quarter of 2014, which will include new flooring and bedding. These overall renovation will compliment our lobby enviorment that was enhanced about two years ago.

Thank you for staying with us for your visit to the area.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

stayed here one night after spending a day in reading .hotel is very convenent to the interstate and thruway if you are traveling to philly or points beyond . got a good rate for a courtyard on a friday night. room was clean gym had good work out equipment and the pool an hot tub are what you would expect .also have to say the people i came in contact with were all very nice an plessent. overall good value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you. We are please to meet your expectations for our property and delighted that our staff was very nice and pleasent. We will be sharing your feedback with the team.

Thank you for staying with us. We know there are many choices out there and appreciate your patronage.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a long weekend reunion with friends. Check-in was a bit delayed and the first person at the desk I had asked seemed overwhelmed at the point I and several other friends were asking. We sat in the lobby right near the check-in area for around 45 minutes or so chatting while we waited for rooms to be available. Despite several of the staff knowing we were waiting they did not let us know when our rooms were ready. It was only when we noticed other people who had just arrived getting checked in that we asked again and we found out out rooms were ready. I was not feeling well due to a severe cold for my entire stay and the gentleman checking me in (I think it was Elliot) was very nice and sympathetic even offering to make me hot tea. Although I didn't accept his offer it was appreciated and thoughtful. The room was clean and although the first morning my shower drain was clogged, they took care of the issue right away once they were aware of it. The bed was VERY soft - which some may like but it was too soft for me. I ate at the small cafe in the lobby a couple times while there. One time was an example of where I was again wow'd by service. Since I was not feeling well I slept quite late and went looking too see if I could get breakfast around noon. Given the late time I did not hold much hope but was thrilled when Andrew took pity on me and made me bacon, eggs and toast. I decided at that point to leave a raving positive review about the service here. And then came Sunday morning when I was checking out and heading to the airport. I arrived at the cafe around 5 minutes or so past 10 AM. Apparently they stop serving breakfast at 10. Another friend and her husband had encountered the same response just a few minutes before me. The woman working there said sorry, she had already turned the grill off. I headed to the desk to check out and mentioned my disappointment and the contrast in service from the previous day. A manger was standing nearby and said she would take care of it. Not sure what she meant by that since she did not take any action to change the situation. She jotted down Andrew's name in a way that made me wonder if he was going to get in trouble for helping me rather than applauded. It was tough to know since the bottom line was that she let me proceed with saying good-bye to all my friends and leave the hotel with quite a negative last impression.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andreawaz

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent visit to our property. We will be looking into your comments to better meet the needs of our guests and ensure a positivve experiences for everyone. It is feedback like yours that help us become better.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth Meeting
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia P...
#3 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#5 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
#2 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!