“Typical pleasant night at a courtyard by marriott” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting

Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
“Typical pleasant night at a courtyard by marriott”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We.stayed 1 night on a trip home. We frequently stay at courtyard motels and usually enjoy our stay. This stay was no exception. The facility was clean and well maintained, the staff was gracious and welcoming (I was told where the elevator was when I checked in). The room was clean and comfortable, not the largest but certainly adequate. We would return.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PHLCY Hotel Man... M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your posting your experiences concerning your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to read that we you had an enjoyable visit and that our team was warm and gracious. I will be sharing your review with the team so they know that their efforts are not going unnoticed.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels bring you back to the area.

ESB, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was here for a quick stay. The front desk staff was very pleasant. The mattress was a bit softer than I like, but the room layout was good with a pullout table under the desk. We would have used the pullout bed in the sofa if there had been sheets and a blanket in the closet. On a separate note, the mini shampoo was actually friendly to my hair (Paul Mitchell). I would be willing to return if I am in the area again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
PHLCY Hotel Man... M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we definitely will be sharing it with the team so they know that their focus on service is not going unnoticed. We know there are many choices out there and truly appreciate your patronage.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels bring you back to our area.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel is in a complex with other companies. Since we were there on a weekend, there wasn't any added traffic. The room was clean other than the small sofa which was a bit soiled. The hotel did not have the free buffet breakfast, but has a bistro. On the Saturday we were there, the bistro opened at 7:00 a.m. sharp. We needed to be out before that and they wouldn't serve a muffin until then so we had to find another place for breakfast - not too friendly either. Hours should be earlier for the bistro. It would be nice upon check-in if they would let you know where the elevator is located. Small thing to note, but it wasn't easy to find!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PHLCY Hotel Man... M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences about your recent visit to our hotel. As the new General Manager for the property, I appreciate your comments as it gives me insight to our past guest's experiences and where we need to focus on in the future. Your feedback will be shared with our team to improve upon our Courtyard by Marriott experience for all guests.

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in the area.

Eindhoven
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Friendly staff, bistro was OK (Loved the starbucks coffee every morning) and spacey rooms. Airconditioning was a bit noisy though. I would defenitly book here again if I where to visit Plymouth Meeting again for business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PHLCY Hotel Man... M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences concerning your recent visit to our hotel. As the new General Manager of the property we appreciate your feedback and share your comments with our team to continually improve our guest’s experiences.

Thank you again for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel should your travels bring you to the area.

Charles Town, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was not a great pick for my family. We were visiting for a Graduation and the location was out of the way. The Friday rush hour/evening traffic made it very difficult to get in and out. The staff were not very friendly and if you book through Orbitz, expect very litte courtesy. The room was small, bathroom small. There was nothing about this hotel that added any pleasure to my experience. I would say that the workout room and pool looked very nice. The lobby was nice, with courtesy computers and printers. I also liked that there was a nice staircase to all the rooms, if you prefer stairs. I will not return to this hotel. I've had much better experiences at other Marriott Hotels and Courtyards,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PHLCY Hotel Man... M, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback.
Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one evening for a family event we had in the area. We arrived around 3:30PM Saturday afternoon for check-in. We were greeted by an "OK" employee. He didn't seem thrilled to be at work. The room was nice. Seemed a bit dated but was clean for the most part. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were super soft you would sink right into them, which made it impossible to get comfortable. Also, the towels were tiny and rough like sandpaper.

We were offered breakfast in the AM with our room, which was surprisingly delicious! The day after we left, I noticed two different charges on two different credit cards for a total of $30. I called the hotel and spoke to a rude young lady who told me they charge $20 a night for every guest for incidentals. I was never told this when I checked in and more importantly, that doesn't explain why I was charged $30 and not $20!? I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me about this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
kevin103, Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier in the week. I do want to apologize for the confusion about breakfast during your stay. I hope you come come back to visit us. You have my number and email please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
-Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night following an event in downtown Philadelphia. The hotels available in the city were out of our desired price range. It turns out I had enough Marriott points to get this stay for free (this hotel is in the 10,000 point range). The hotel is located in an industrial park 5 minutes from a relatively large mall (not as large as King of Prussia, but large compared to most cities). We had no problem finding the hotel with our GPS but if you don't have a GPS I would mapquest the hotel or call for directions as the industrial park is a little complicated. When I say industrial park please don't think "factory" or "parking lot", it is a very nice area with professional offices and nicely landscaped. Our room was spotlessly clean. I really like the Marriott "bistro" concept and we ended up eating breakfast there because the next morning was Mothers Day and we didn't want to try and eat at a restaurant. For those of you unfamiliar with the Marriott bistros, they have breakfast and dinners (hot food, wine and beer at dinner) along with a 24 hour Starbucks. This hotel has a small but nice indoor pool and we took a swim after breakfast. Their pool is handicapped accessible with lifts for both the pool and the hot tub which impressed me. Front desk was friendly and helpful. This hotel does face the Pennsylvania Turnpike, we asked for a room at the back not facing the turnpike and we were accomodated and had no issues with road noise. In fact my daughter complained that the room was too quiet as the fan is merged with the thermostat and we could not run just the fan for background noise. Toilitries were Paul Mitchell, another nice touch. The nearby mall has many restaurants and we ate there at the Benihana and took in a movie in the same location. I would certainly consider staying here again when we visit the Philadelphia area and are not on a downtown budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the Pennsylvania Turnpike.