“Just a quick overnight stay -”

Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very clean comfortable and quiet. Just what I needed. Front Desk staff was very helpful and kind. I didn't have time to have breakfast but there was fresh fruit and coffee that I could take a long and it was very easy to get on the turnpike. Ruby Tuesday was right next door and they delivered. Several other restaurants in the area deliver as well.

Room Tip: Easy access t the turnpike
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank pryorla
kaushik l, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We hope that during your next stay you can find the time to enjoy breakfast with us! Plymouth Meeting has an enormous amount of restaurants but our favority is right next door!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed with a group of 90 and the staff were wonderful. Prompt service, helpful breakfast staff and an attentive group booking staff. Our plans came together at the last minute and the hotel staff still worked with us, and our budget, to make this happen. Very thankful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
kaushik l, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We our extremely proud of our hotel staff and thrilled that we could work together to make your plans a success. We look forward to having your group stay with us again.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had the absolute pleasure of recently staying here. The entire staff was helpful, courteous, friendly, yet professional. The room was clean, the breakfasts delicious. Great location for me - I enjoyed every moment...and...the fireplace...nice ambience especially with this cold weather.
Thanks for a great experience. I'll be booking Hampton Inn from now on!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jan C
kaushik l, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate customer feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We recenlty underwent renovations of our hotel lobby and the fireplace was a key feature that we couldnt leave out! Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with our two young children at the end of December. The rooms were clean and comfortable and very quiet, despite the fact that our room looked out onto the highway. Obviously with the location near highway and across from a shopping center, this isn't a hotel for stunning views, but it was a convenient location for us to visit family nearby. We were really impressed by how comfortable our stay was. The hotel provided plenty of towels for all of us (often towels for toddlers seem to be neglected at other hotels, as if a two-year just needs a hand towel!) The room had an empty refrigerator (not filled with overpriced minibar items) and a microwave, which both were helpful with young children. The hotel has a program of giving out complimentary toiletries, which was helpful when my husband realized he had forgotten to bring shaving cream. We particularly enjoyed the included breakfast buffet. It had lots of options that our children enjoyed, such as cereals, yogurts, and fresh fruit. My husband and I both really liked the make-your-own waffles, which had a really nice vanilla flavor. The breakfast hostess was constantly cleaning the space, and as soon as we had taken something it was immediately replenished. We will definitely stay here again when we come to Philadelphia.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Asugarpeas

Thank you for taking the time to write a hotel review. We appreciate customer feedback and pride ourselves on learning from each review. I am glad that you were able to enjoy all that Plymouth Meeting has to offer. We are especially thrilled that you were able to enjoy breakfast and spend time in our newly renovated lobby. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I've stayed at many Hilton properties thru the years, I'm a gold honors member, and have always been pretty happy with the brands. In the past, I have used the various properties interchangeably depending upon location. It seems that can't be done any longer with the Hampton Inn brands. The quality has simply deteriorated and it's not isolated, the last couple of Hamptons I stayed in were merely ok, to downright awful.

The Plymouth meeting location was thankfully, "ok," but nothing more. We stayed 2 nights over New Year's eve and the very best I can say is the staff was pleasant and friendly. That does mean a lot over a holiday when staff are most likely not regulars. The room itself was clean, by the looks of it, until I found an old bottle cap behind the nightstand when my chapstick rolled off the ledge. It seemed small with a king bed and a sofabed. The mattress was horrible. I did not get sleep well and woke up with a sore back. It definitely needed changing, as did the sofabed mattress. At 75 pounds, my child was almost literally laying on springs. Our toilet also didn't work properly. Either it was stopped up or something else was wrong, we had to flush about a dozen times after use. The tv was nice, the remote worked.

The lobby was just renovated and very nice, decorated tastefully with a fireplace. Breakfast was "eh," merely filling but certainly not with quality food. There were microwaved omelettes with an unidentifiable beige sauce and terrible, cold potatoes. The danishes and muffins were mass produced and tasted artificial. The oatmeal was watery. The best was the coffee, waffles you make yourself, yoghurt, and apples.

We didn't get a bill slipped under the door and our keycard was de-activated promptly at check-out time. Usually there is a 30min grace. I don't remember the last time I actually had to wait at the front desk to checkout and hand in my keycards.

Last note, was it was a little difficult to get to this location. You could see it from the highway, but it was a roundabout way to get into the lot. And, my husband said the distances given to various attractions were not accurate, and travel times were much longer than estimated.

Room Tip: ask for even number room on higher floor to avoid the noise. thanks to the person who gave this tip...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that your most recent stays at a Hampton Inn have been anything less then amazing. I am glad that you were able to notice the newly renovated lobby. I along with our management team will discuss your check-out experience and determine ways in which we can make this a faster process. We will take a look at our website and re-determine the proximities listed to local attractions. All of your feeback is valuable and detailed which is great for us. We can only get better if we we know where we are struggling. We hope that you chose to stay with us again.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting over Christmas while visiting family in nearby Chestnut Hill, Our room was comfortable but there were problems in the bathroom - no stopper in the sink (a waste of water) and a missing art reproduction over the toilet (no big deal). The toilet became stopped up one evening. A call to the front desk brought a staff member with a trusty plumber's friend who solved the problem promptly and with good cheer. The complimentary breakfast was good, but not great. The staff member who took care of the meal was warm and friendly. The price was reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I recently switched from the DoubleTree to the Hampton Inn for my frequent visits to the area, and was favorably impressed by the Hampton Inn. The location is a little less convenient, and the lobby less "grandiose" than the Doubletree, but what a different a little money invested for renovation can make! The rooms are good, comfortable and very clean. The bathrooms work and are maintained very well. The TV works... Everything you expect in a hotel at this price is there. The lobby was just renovated and offers a pretty comfortable space to relax or watch TV. The breakfast is OK. There is Ruby Tuesday attached to the property if one wants to eat without going out to one of the many restaurants around the hotel. Overall, a good experience and I recommend it for anyone who wants a decent, clean hotel for a very good price

Room Tip: Make sure your room has the correct remote control for the TV.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia P...
#3 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#5 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken

Been to Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!