“Inn with the inn crowd”
Review of Plumsteadville Inn

Plumsteadville Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Plumsteadville Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stump Road
Description: Burgers & Beer, Lobster & Cheer Come and join the celebration at the Plumsteadville Inn. From our completely remodeled interior to our deliciously updated menu, we have something for everyone. Get cozy by the fire. Watch the game with friends. Or enjoy a meal that makes the whole family happy.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great place with a wonderful mix of formal and casual settings. Enjoy dining near the fireplace and the Sunday brunch is fantastic. A historic location with a warn comfortable atmosphere. Reasonable prices and great food. I'd give it more than two things up if I could, :-)

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This establishment serves as an okay place for local clientele. It does nothing beyond the basics in terms of food and drinks. As a positive, the prices are not out of line with the offerings. They have a fair selection of craft brews on tap (no beer list is available to look at) and a nice selection on the bar menu. Service is kind of slow and impersonal.

1  Thank Joseph_F52511
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Two of us stopped in at the Plumsteadville Inn for lunch at about 2:00pm on Friday, January 31st. There were only about 5 other patrons in the place and we took a seat at the bar. This place has a warm quaint atmosphere about it and the bartender was cordial and friendly- what you would expect in a tavern-like setting. We ordered a couple of drafts and sandwiches. I went for the ribeye sandwich done medium rare with some chips and a pickle. The food arrived promptly and was done to order. Simply put, the sandwich tasted great. If it’s lunchtime, and I’m in the area hungry for a good meal or sandwich, it’s a no-brainer that I’ll stop in again.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I ran in for a cocktail and appetizer on the afternoon of Valentines day. We avoid going out to dinner on holidays like that because everyone else does! Any how, just sat at the bar. After about 10 minutes, no bartender, obviously no service, a manager came behind bar and struck up conversation with some one he knew. Finally noticed us just sitting there and finally took our drink order. The bartender finally did come behind the bar, gave us a menu. We closed our menu and said we were ready to order. He said ok, and proceeded to check out another customer and take 3 other drink orders. Alrighty! Finally he took our appetizer order, the lettuce wraps, basically the same asian grilled chicken from their asian chicken salad just chopped up, but good. And fried green beans, I didn't care for the Avacado ranch dip that came with them so I asked for Thousand Island, took forever to come out, my husband even said did he go to the thousand Islands to get the dressing? Practically threw it in front of us. In other words, the bartender was slow and it was creepy to watch a middle aged man (the bartender) flirt with the probably high school age hostess...just saying! Then we were about done and an additional bartender arrived for the night. He went to the kitchen to get lemons and limes to slice and he was carrying way to many so of course a lemon and lime landed on the bar floor and he just picked them up after they stopped rolling around on the FLOOR, and proceeded to slice them, ewwww. He heard that we wanted to check out and did so for us. We got up to leave, not rushing and the before disinterested bartender swooped in for the kill, can I get you something? He asked, that's when I realized he thought we were dining and dashing! The nerve! I almost laughed in his face. Yes, we will go back, just won't get a lemon or lime in a cocktail and will not sit at the bar.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I wrote a review about this restaurant some time ago, but my wife wanted to try it again. We went on a Friday night. We arrived without a reservation, but were early (around 5 pm) so we were able to get a seating. I had reservations about the meal as I was here twice before and disliked it a lot. So I was expecting more of the same. First off we lucked out by NOT sitting in the bar area where they insist on having a piano player play at a minimum of 200 decibels - I still cannot believe they have not addressed this. We were seated in the formal dining room. The wait staff was pleasant and timely with their attention. The food was actually good- I was surprised. My wife had a shrimp pasta special- forgive me, I hate fish so I did not pay attention to the exact name of the dish. I had a strip steak that was cooked quite well and the accompanying sides were good as well. Would I go back now after this meal. I would. They seemed to have improved the cooking although it may be that they were not busy yet. They host large groups and with them and a busy night it may just be a bit overwhelming for the cooks. If this is the case or not, I would suggest trying for an early seating if this is your first time and stay away from the bar, unless they issue Bose noise canceling headphones during your meal. The music is just way too loud to have a conversation or enjoy your meal. Just in case you think this is the ranting of an "old man" my two daughters and their boyfriends in their 20s agreed. :) Bob appetite!

2  Thank Eric H