“Family restaurant”

Andy's River Road Diner
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Plains
Reviewed May 7, 2017

Nice old fashioned eating. Service is always friendly and efficient and food is good. Very family friendly restaurant with a good variety of food to choose from.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed January 12, 2017

This was just what we wanted. Good food in a diner type of place. Nothing fancy. And that's what we got. Food was good and good service. We will go again. If your looking for a budget friendly place to get good food, and not from a chain; this is the p[lace to go.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

Me and my wife always drive by Andy's Dinero. We wanted to try somewhere new and we weren't let down. Menu has something for everyone and the prices are affordable.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed February 10, 2016

I like diner food and was in Wilkes-Barre for a couple of evenings. There aren’t many diners here this one popped up on my Garmin GPS and I researched it on Trip Advisor. I went for dinner. It was a ways from my hotel in a fairly remote area from the Interstates. It is small but clean and was staffed by two perky friendly young ladies. Only a few tables were occupied. (Evidently they don’t do a big dinner business and they close at 8:00PM). In addition to a good selection of reasonably priced entrée’s (menu not as large as a typical “NJ Diner” but still a good selection of items) they had some dinner specials. I asked the waitress which might be better, a chicken dish with bacon and barbeque sauce or a beef tips with onions and peppers over rice. One of the other customers turned and said ” get the beef tips; they are delicious” so I did and they we excellent. Can’t identify the spices but it was cooked perfectly, served not swimming in grease. The entrees come with choice of a couple of soups or a salad. I paid extra for both and both were good. The salad had very fresh lettuce, cukes, red onion, olives and the extra cost blue cheese dressing was OK as well. If you’re looking for a simple but tasty meal this would be a good choice.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed January 14, 2016

Had pancakes and bacon for breakfast today which was very good. The bacon was cooked to perfection. The pancakes were very flavorful with just a little butter and lite syrup. The diner is very clean and the hostess and waitress were both very friendly and attentative.

Date of visit: January 2016