“Great Meal Great Service”
Review of Cooper's Seafood Waterfront - CLOSED

Cooper's Seafood Waterfront
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stopped in here for lunch after doing an internet search of restaurant in the local area as we were passing through town. The reviews were good so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. Started out with two dozen oysters on the half shell. They were fresh and large and the were schucked quickly and cleaned. The broiled seafood platter was good and the lobster tail was large.

No complaints about service. We were well cared for and all drinks were topped off regularly. We sat in the patio deck section and had a nice breeze from the river. They have a inside dining room but that is more formal and we were casual. To sum it up if you want a good meal and service stop in. I will again when passing through.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Wonderful atmospher and great seafood. The staff is alway very friendly and helpful. Prices are average

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just had the worst most inconsiderate service imaginable. My wife and I took our two boys (ages 2 & 5) to dinner at Coopers in Scranton. My wife got the boys kids meals of fried shrimp and French fries. The kids’ meals arrived before ours. Our server said ours would be right out.

The kids’ meals still had the tail on the shrimp, which isn’t a big deal. I’m actually glad they did. Otherwise, I would not have known how scalding hot the meals were. My wife and I both started taking the tails off the shrimp so our kids wouldn’t choke on them.

The Shrimp burned our fingers because they were so incredibly hot. It definitely would have burned my 2 year olds lips if I gave it to him.

Meanwhile our adult meals were taking forever. By the time our meals were served, the kids were almost done, which meant we had to entertain our kids while we tried to eat.

When she served the adult meals, the server asked us if everything was okay. I told her how incredibly hot the kids’ meals were. She smirked and explained to me that seafood had to be cooked to a certain temperature. That was very insulting in itself.

I immediately explained to her that the food should also be served at a temperature that is safe to eat. If my 2 year old ate the food, he’d be in serious pain. The server thought this was funny and she started to laugh. She repeated her safe seafood temp logic and I asked to speak to the manager.

The Manager came over and I started to tell her about our interaction with this waitress. The manager tried to suggest that the waitress was not laughing in disrespect but because she might have been nervous… as if we don’t know the difference.

I gave the manager more details to refute her suggestion but the manager again suggested the waitress laughed because she was nervous. I knew I was not getting anywhere.

The manager did apologize and offered to do something with our bill. She also offered a free desert for the kids. We accepted the offer because the kids were done eating and my wife and I just received our meals.

This was also a nightmare. The waitress did not return to our table until after we were done eating. We took the desert to go. She still had that smirk on her face and used polite words dripping in sarcasm. The bill came, it was not adjusted. She did not get a tip.

The final insult, as we were driving home, my wife explained that the kids’ meals came with a desert anyway.

I would implore all parents to stay away from Coopers seafood house, especially if you don’t find toddler safety to be a laughing matter.
Absolutely inexcusable all around.

7  Thank Michael A
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Cooper's food may not wow you, but it's hard to get a bad meal. Great bar with an attractive beer selection. Soups are still worth the trip.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had an awesome lunch meeting here. Food was done to perfection. Everything was tasty and service was terrific. We has a small group of picky eaters and they all finished their meals with delight. Thanks for keeping the quality at an affordable price in dining out.