“only in an emergency”

Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston
Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pittston
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Listed as a hotel, we discovered it was a motel. Given 4 stars, it was enticing. Having requested a non-smoking room, the room wreaked of smoke. Listed as having breakfast, this constitued a coffee pot and donuts in the motel office lobby. Both visually unappealing, and manifesting a decidedly condescending staff.
Giving it two stars, is a gift.

Room Tip: Get lucky, as we didn't get to see rooms prior to our arrival.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 3, 2012

After a number of dismal budget motels, it was a pleasant surprise to find Knights Inn, Scranton.
CLEAN THROUGHOUT, the first motel in quite awhile where house keeping cleaned the entire bathroom (especially corners), fresh smell, clean carpet, bright crisp sheets, and absolutely no dust. All this plus the standard amenities: courteous, friendly and knowledgeable front desk, continental breakfast, Ice Machine (a disappearing amenity in some budget motels), list of restaurant deliveries in the lobby. All in all, management/owner does take pride in their motel. For an over nighter or short term stay, you can't find much better in a budget motel.

Room Tip: If in doubt, ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim F
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I used to travel from the Philadelphia area to Scranton just about every weekend. I found the rooms to be clean and the people to be very pleasant and helpful. You're not booking a room at the Hilton, but for the price it is a very good deal.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank krich1
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I only recommend this place if you are on the road and need to sleep for one night. Smells weird.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yabolek
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I was recently flooded in West Pittston. When EVERY other hotel in the area RAISED their prices, the owner of this hotel gave us very reasonable rates, and we stayed for over three weeks. The staff at the Knight's Inn could NOT have been any nicer, or helpful. My son lost every game and toy that he had in the flood, and one of the hotel staff actually brought in a video game system for my son! The room was clean, and though the hotel received alot of business, it was a safe environment to allow our kids to walk outside. There was always staff around to assist you. They allow pets FREE of charge, which no other hotel in the area did. The rooms are small, but you are very close to food and gas, and the highway. I will always use this small hotel for future needs. And not only did they help us, they had other flood victims in their rooms they were helping also. They were trying to save rooms for flood victims in the days after the flood. We couldnt recommend this hotel more. Thank you Knights Inn!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Vikki W
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I booked my reservation at Knights Inn through a major travel company. I was originally booked at another area hotel, but after reading the reviews for it when my flight was delayed, I called and asked to be rebooked because of very poor reviews. I almost wish I would have taken my chances. i was accomodated very well by the travel assistant, was told how sorry they were for helping book me in a poor choice and how I would be much happier at the Knights Inn. I was assured that this property was operated by Windham (nice plus) and was very well reviewed. Now, I was in an airport with poor free wifi so I wasnt able to verify this, and I was trying to find accomodation at a fairly eco-rate, but I was ASSURED this was a better choice for 3 star hotels in this area. WRONG. I arrived to discover that it was definately NOT operated by Windham, is probably more than 40 years old and poorly run. Dilapidated furnishings, leaking roof, soiled linens, burn hole in comforter and a hair (not mine), a LONG DARK HAIR on my pillow when I laid down. I have stayed in worse, but certainly not in a worse 3 star reccomended by a national travel company to boot. DONT stay here if you are expecting much. If you want a seedy little hangout that should simply charge by the hour, then go for it. I won't see you there.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I booked here after searching the internet for cheap accommodations while I was taking a road trip to a friends house. The checkin process was quick and the lady that checked me in gave me all of the hotel details while waiting to get my key. Mistakenly I booked a smoking room and forgot to change this upon check-in. The room did have a slightly smokey smell, but this didn't bother me and as it was late I just dealt with it.
The room was dated and basic in nature, but clean and very comfortable. The tv worked well, as did the fridge and air conditioning unit (actually it worked too well and I had to turn it down when I woke up).
This is not the Hilton, but it certainly is clean, comfortable and I would have no hesitation about staying here again. There are a lot of trades people and travellers that stay here so there is a lot of activity in the parking lot early in the morning and if you are a light sleeper you may be woken.

Considering that after tax the room came to $49.00 - I certainly can't complain.
Wi-Fi and a doughnut/coffee continental breakfast is included so this is a great addition that I wasn't expecting.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank WFGlenn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittston
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Mohegan Sun Pocono
Mohegan Sun Pocono
#6 of 21 in Wilkes-Barre

Been to Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston? Share your experiences!