“Beautiful hotel and friendly staff”

Omni William Penn Hotel
Ranked #7 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Stayed here for a conference and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. First of all it is a restored historic hotel and is absolutely beautiful. The restaurant and lobby are lovely. My room was clean, comfortable, quiet and the bed was wonderful. The staff were extremely friendly in all areas front desk, restaurant, room service, housekeeping etc. very helpful and cheerful. If I ever come to Pittsburgh again I will make a point of staying here. Great experience!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2010

We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at The Omni William Penn. Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor and we will look forward to your next stay with us!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,387)

Reviewed March 20, 2010

This most famous of hotels in the great city of Pittsburgh boasts amenities that you can expect from a high class establishment. The efforts to which the Omni has gone to preserve this hotel are admirable and rare. Unfortunately, some of that includes sub-standard rooms. Mine resembled a series of closets, with an awkward un-furnished entry area, followed by an over-stuffed room barely 9 feet wide. At this point I realized I was paying for history and noted the beautiful furnishings and high quality bedding. Alas, my cigarette smoke allergy had me wheezing and stuffed each of three mornings, after nights of smelling smoke from some other room, perhaps the hallway. I was told almost robotically that there is nothing the staff can do and there are no rooms to which I can be moved. I pay top dollar for high quality- if I had only known what "non-smoking" meant. (nothing.)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank andogg

Please accept our apologies that your room did not meet your expectations and that smoke from a nearby area of the hotel triggered your allergies. We regret that our associates were not able to resolve these issues while you were still with us as we always do our best to make sure our guests are in a room that meets their needs. We do hope that you would consider a future stay with us and if so, we encourage you to reach out to our management prior to your arrival so we can ensure that you have a stay that exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed March 19, 2010

The Omni William Penn is a beautiful hotel. I have stayed there for over 10 nights within the past few months and there hasn't been a single complaint. The rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable. The staff is efficient and friendly. The property is fantastic. The restaurants and room service are delicious. There is also a Starbucks in the lobby and a 24 modern gym. Be sure to sign up for the Select Guest program to get free in wi-fi and free coffee delivery every morning!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

We are flattered that we have had you as our guest so often in the past few months and thank you for your business! We also appreciate you taking the time to write such a complimentary review on TripAdvisor and we will look forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed March 11, 2010

My husband and I were returning to the William Penn Hotel after a disappointing stay previously. We were invited back and were so pleasantly suprised at the outstanding service. We had a lovely room with a view of the city. The bed was very comfortable and no detail was overlooked. We had the romance package and suprises arrived throughout the evening. We recieved drinks, chocolate covered strawberries, fruits and other goodies. We received personalized attention that included a five course dinner in their restaurant, The Terrace. Amazing service, amazing hotel!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2010

We will always regret that we did not get it right the first time but are thankful that you returned and allowed us the opportunity to provide you with the romantic getaway that you deserved. Many thanks for the updated review and and the second chance!

Reviewed March 1, 2010

We have always liked the William Penn, and are always happy when Priceline puts us there. This particular stay was under extraordinary circumstances, and the hotel delivered beautifully.

I had foot surgery Friday afternoon near Pittsburgh. Due to the combined effects of a snowstorm and a broken windshield wiper on driver's of the car, we Pricelined a hotel room and ended up in the William Penn. I had no idea how fortuitous that would be.

My husband called ahead, and they had a wheel chair available when we arrived. A bell man followed us up to our room, brought me ice for my foot, and volunteered to retrieve my forgotten crutches from the car. They quickly brought us a bunch of pillows so I could elevate my leg. Room was clean and decent-sized, and room service was reasonably priced for a downtown hotel. Having both a Starbucks and a Brueggers in the building was convenient. It was a perfect set-up – comfy king sized bed about 10 feet from a spacious bathroom – and I recovered for two days in pleasant surroundings and relative peace and quiet. I was very happy with all aspects of my stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

It was a pleasure for us to be your home away from home as you recovered from your surgery. We are proud, but not surprised, to hear how well our associates cared for you and hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2010

My family stayed at the Wm Penn with a wedding group for 3 nights over New Years Eve. Everyone had a wonderful experience at this lovely hotel. The service was excellent
and the staff helpful & friendly even the ladies cleaning the chandliers on our floor were delightful. Yes the floors have chandliers which was a nice touch but the most important thing was the rooms were really nice. The beds were very comfortable and the room clean which is the most important thing. The hotel staff was efficient and friendly.
We had breakfast there which was good. There is a nice bar where you could relax and have a drink and even a Starbucks inside the hotel for your morning coffee. The lobby was large and had a lot of comfortable places to sit and relax. The location was very good if you want to be downtown Pittsburgh. There are many good cafes and restaurants within walking distance. Very easy to grab a cab just outside the hotel. There is a parking garage across the street but it is expensive and you will be charged every time you leave the lot. I'd recommend this hotel to my friends if they wanted to stay in downtown Pittsburgh. Tip sign up for their select guest program for free wi-fi otherwise you will have to pay for wi-fi service
bbeerbower

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2010

We appreciate your glowing review of The Omni William Penn and are delighted you chose to ring in the New Year at our property. It was a pleasure to read your review and we hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2010

I stayed at the Omni William Penn in Downtown Pittsburgh for a business trip in December. This was my first time in Pittsburgh and first time for the Omni chain. A friend had told me to sign up for their loyalty program before I went and I was so glad I did. From the moment I walked into their beautiful lobby with it's soaring ceilings and golden tones I felt cared for. When I went to check in they had me set and ready to go in a special "loyalty guest" area. My room was spacious and the bed large and comfortable. The first night when they did the turn down, I was given a complimentary bottle of water and a personal note from the Service Manager. Each morning I received a complimentary newspaper and beverage. I couldn't have been more comfortable. They have two restaurants in the hotel and many more within walking distance. They are located a block from the Downtown Macy's Store and many other attractions. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. There is even a Starbucks in the lobby if you need a quick Latte to start your day!
p.s. there was even a wedding going on when I was there and everyone seemed very pleased with the exceptional service.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2010

We are happy that we were able to serve as your oasis in Pittsburgh! Many thanks for sharing your compliments on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back again soon!