“Stay here!”

Omni William Penn Hotel
Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is the hotel to stay at when visiting Pittsburgh. Centrally located to any activity. Employees are not only helpful, but are proud of their hotel and its history. Stepping into the lobby is like going into another time. Pictures do not show its true beauty. Rooms are beautifully done. Very elegant. This is not another hotel, but an experience. Do not miss the ballroom on the 17th floor.
E

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (4,493)

Reviewed August 6, 2014

On arrival 3 of the 4 of us did not have rooms ready. I was lucky. The hotel itself is very grand but on closer look it is tired and rooms need a renovation. For me the tv wasn't working properly and a light was out in the bathroom. These are just not things I would have expected. Breakfast was great and location is perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
WmPenn, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We will address the maintenance issues and apologize for not having them corrected prior to occupancy. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again when you return to Pittsburgh.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

This hotel is fabulous! I will definitely stay here again. The bed linens were extremely comfy so much so that I wanted a set of the sheets. The bed was as comfortable as my bed at home. We had our 2 small children (2 & 8 months) with us and upon check in we were upgraded to a larger room for comfort. Hotel staff delivered cookies and milk to my kids each night and they loved it! Also, had to use room service for dinner and breakfast during our stay and it was equivalent to any fine dining experience we had during our time in Pittsburgh. I felt comfortable in the room and it was very clean. In some hotels I run around with a Clorox bottle and telling my kids not to touch anything but this was not the case. The hotel was beautiful and we were able to walk to a lot of places from our hotel. We also used Valet because there is no parking for the hotel. It was $29/day but we felt this was worth it because we used our car quite a bit. The parking garage is about $13 each time you go in so we felt valet was a more cost efficient option if you plan on using your car a lot.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Not a very warm welcome during check in. The room smelled musty. I doubt they launder their robes. After putting on the robe I noticed smears (appearing to be food) all over the sleeves. I found a pill in the pocket!! It obviously wasn't washed, which made me question the cleanliness of everything else. If ever in Pittsburgh again, think I will try a different hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

We apolgoize for our housekeeping oversight and will address this with our staff. As well, we are disappointed that we did not extend a warm and friendly welcome. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to excellence when you return to Pittsburgh.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

me and a couple friends took a weekend trip to Pittsburgh to catch a Pirates game and check out the city. This hotel turned out to be one of the nicest I had ever visited. The service and room were over the top and the overall experience was amazing. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a weekend with friends or even a romantic weekend with a significant other.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great hotel for adults and kids. And the kids get milk and cookies at night - so cute! Great location, beyond beautiful hotel, very helpful & friendly staff. Our room was quite spacious and very clean. Would not hesitate to stay again and would recommend it to anyone going to Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've stayed at the William Penn for business several times over the past few months and the quality of the hotel and of the service is very good. It is an older but elegant hotel in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh. There are several restuarants and a Starbucks in the hotel, all which are good/great quality. The service is friendly and helpful, and I've had no issues with any of the rooms. The room service was quick and good quality. I've used the Fitness Center several times and always found a machine available.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business