“Classy Hotel”

Omni William Penn Hotel
Ranked #5 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
“Classy Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed here only one night, but thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. Our room was nicely appointed with quality bedding, toiletries and fixtures. My wife especially liked the sunburst mirror over the desk. The hotel offered several eating venues. Our dinner was well prepared and the waitstaff was friendly and competent. There were more than enough fast moving elevators to get us to our room and to the beautifully furnished lobby. Nice shops as well as a Starbucks were in the hotel. Location of the hotel is very good, being central in the downtown triangular area.

Room Tip: Our room, 741, was next to the elevators and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

We did not stay in this hotel but friends took us for a coffee in the lobby. The lobby is huge and absolutely gorgeous with beautiful chandelier and furniture. There's a starbucks corner but you are allowed to take your coffee in the lobby too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ekaterina K
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

The hotel is beautiful, but what really stands out about this hotel is the service. We had a few drinks at the Tap Room as well as the bar facing the lobby. The bartenders at both establishments were among the most friendly and wecolming people I came across while staying in Pittsburgh. My spouse and I mystery shop luxury hotels and restaurants as a hobby, so (perhaps unfortunately for us) we've come to have very high standards in regards to service. Your bar staff was very knowledgeable about the food and drinks offered, nearby points of interest, and the Omni brand. Each one personalized our experience and kept a neat and efficiently run bar. They are huge assets to the Omni William Penn and are a primary factor in why I would recommend this hotel to a friend or stay there again myself. Great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

binghamton ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed at the Omni this past weekend while attending the Pirates/ Cardinals series. The hotel is quite luxurious and our room was very clean. You will have to pay for internet in your room but this did not bother us. There is both valet and self parking; the parking garage is very near to the hotel so I would suggest parking your car yourself. The hotel is near all the restaurants and shopping in the downtown area. It was only a 15/20 minute walk to PNC Park and you felt quite safe walking at night. It was only a $10 cab ride to the University of Pittsburgh area if you needed to go there. Overall, a very positive experience and I would definitely stay here again when I visit Pittsburgh.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Huntersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Let me start by saying the hotel is an older hotel. The lobby is absolutely gorgeous. The rooms are nice but the toilets in teh room have very little water pressure. I found myself praying a few times that the paper would go down.

As far as cleanliness, the lobby is very well maintained. The room appeared clean when we arrived, however I spilled some coffee on the sheets our first morning and the sheets were not changed (in fairness, I did not put the card on the bed to change the sheets, but I thought a big coffee stain would have prompted that). My big complaint was that the hallway always had a weird smell on our floor. Sort of a cross between sour and skunk. It could just be that it was due to this being an old hotel.

The hotel is in a good location. I did get frustrated the first morning there. I had left for 30 minutes with the car, and when I got back into downtown, discovered ALL of the streets around the hotel were closed for an MS walk. I drove around aimlessly in a strange city trying to figure out how to get back to my party. 45 minutes later, I finally got to the garage. While it is not the hotel's fault that there was an MS walk, it would have been nice if notices had been given out to inform guests to expect major street closings.

Parking is also an issue. We were there mostly over the weekend, so we self parked for $5/day (no in/out priveleges). The downside was Monday morning when hourly rates went into effect at 6am, and valets started parking cars wherever they could find a spot, which meant they blocked everyone in. It took a good 30 minutes to get out of the garage because of that. If you are there on a weekday, spring for valet parking and save yourself a headache.

My husband did order a pizza through room service which was quite good. The gym, was quite impressive for a hotel facility. All in all, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. It is disappointing that we did not notice the coffee stain and change the sheets accordingly. We will remind our Room Attendants going forward. We also missed the mark with regard to the charity walk and regret the inconvenience you endured. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience and will look forward to having another opportunity to be of service.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

All around the hotel gives a grand appeal and has a good location, but the shower in our room only had one temperature, very very hot. The tub would change accordingly, but it made for a difficult morning. All and all, I enjoyed my stay, but don't expect anything free. Parking, internet, and breakfast were all things that called for a pretty penny.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

While staying at the hotel I enjoyed every moment of my experience from the moment I stepped into the hotel until the moment I left. The Omni William Pen is a luxurious hotel with friendly and fast service. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business