“Gorgeous comfortable hotel”

Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Tampa
“Gorgeous comfortable hotel”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

in downtown Pittsburgh. Loved the beauty of the hotel yet all the modern amenities available. Only drawback, internet costs extra (really? in this day and age?). However, staff, rooms wonderful and loved the Starbucks off the lobby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Turkish first
natrona heights, pa (slightly north of pittsburgh)
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We did a pittsburgh staycation and stayed here for the first time. Our room had a cool view. It was large and comfy,, remodeled and updated but you still knew you were in a historic building. There was a huge ball going on in the common area downstairs when we arrived, which was kinda cool. Lots of people watching...Everything was clean and the bed was quite nice. Brunch buffet was delicious!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Connecticut
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Omni William Penn is a gorgeous historic hotel, that is where the glorification stops for me. My Mother and I stayed at the hotel march 14-16. We had planned what we wanted to do and see prior to getting to Pittsburgh. We called to ask about rental cars and they had told us it would be easier and about the same price to just use taxis during our stay.Wrong, first off this hotel does not have it's own shuttle or car service. The concierge was not helpful at all! Friday morning I asked about a spa to book two massages over the weekend. I was given two pamphlets. I called one, Verve, only to be told that they would be closed for massages for the weekend due to St. Patrick's Day.??? Call the second, Spa Jema, to get an answering machine instructing me to leave a detailed message and they will call me back. I did just that, stating I would like to book 2 massages. No call back at all. I called twice! I searched for a phone book in my room, but there wasn't one. I explained to the concierge that I hadn't gotten anywhere with the hotels suggestions & asked if she knew of any other places that I could book a massage. The response was no, so I asked about a phone book, she moved on to the next guest and ignored my request for a phone book. On Saturday evening I had made reservations at Lidia's Italy. ( wonderful) I asked the concierge about taxi service, due to the fact we wanted to go to the incline after dinner. I was told that the taxi's were not all that reliable, but the hotel used a man that had 5 black cars and charged taxi rates. They gave me the number and told me to give him a call when we got to the restaurant, so he had enough notice. I called when we got to the restaurant, he told me he would have to call me back because he had someone in the car. Guess what no call back at all! no ride, no nothing... a rental car would have come in handy! The staff at Lidia's Italy was very helpful and got us a taxi. All in all, the only thing special about this hotel is the beautiful building itself and the history behind it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
WmPenn, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
We apologize for the disappointing experience you had during your recent stay with us. Reading through your comments, we realize several internal processes and procedures were not followed. We appreicate the feedback and want you to know we are addressing these shortfalls with our staff. Our goal is for every guest to have the best experience possible, and we regret that we let you down. We hope to have an opportunity in the future to welcome you back and extend the service and hospitality expected of the Omni William Penn.
Ambler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I know there are newer hotels in downtown Pittsburgh, I just don't want to stay anywhere else. This grand-dame of a property has the air of the old Pennsylvania railroad. The stately lobby is a classic, people really sit and congregate and wait for dinner partners and business associates here. The rooms are amply large and for the size of the place, the elevator service is quite good. Amenities like dry cleaning and room service if you wish. Terrific central location. Its a winner.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had a quick overnight stay in Pittsburgh to see our daughter for a birthday celebration; we wanted to eat downtown and had stayed here once before a couple of years ago. We truly enjoyed the stay. The hotel is beautiful, location perfect, staff extremely welcoming! Two things I truly enjoyed: complimentary coffee brought to our room in the morning and windows that open. These little items combined with the beautiful historic hotel made for a great stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Pitcairn, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 17, 2014

One of the best hotels in Pittsburgh. beautiful hotel from the outside, the interior beautiful from the inside, very luxurious, I was impressed. The service was perfect. Staff were professional, friendly, fun with customers. Great hotel location, near city center. I will recommend to my friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
New Castle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We stay at this hotel over the Christmas holidays sometimes. My daughter and I always have high tea together and it's fabulous! Service
here is impeccable. Like stepping back in time. Love that a Starbucks store is connected via the lobby! Breakfast is always incredible. Be some an Omni preferred member to get free breakfast drinks delivered to your room. They also always give
our kids cookies and milk before bed!! Classy place!

Stayed December 2013