Omni William Penn Hotel
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Room Service
4,574 results
All reviewsterrace roombeautiful hotelclassic hotelacross the streetdowntown pittsburghbeautiful lobbymodern amenitiesroom servicevalet parkingself parkenjoyed my staybagelsmarket squareper dayfitness centerpnc parktap
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Top-notch service from everyone; comfortable beds and linens; excellent room service; and a convenient location made this a perfect stay for my conference.

The hotel is beautifully appointed and the decorations are luxurious. Every nook and cranny in the hotel are clean....no clutter, no garbage, no dirt....it was immaculate!

My room was in perfect shape, nothing wrong with it. Room service was brought during the time I'd asked for it to be delivered in the morning.

I wish my conference was longer so I could enjoy this lovely hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
WmPenn, Owner at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope your return to Pittsburgh and the Omni William Penn is sooner than later!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We decided to stay here because of its central location. It is very impressive as you walk into the foyer. Lots of places to sit and chill - a great place to meet up.
Bedrooms are large and airy. Beds are so comfy and the pillows - I wanted to take those home!
Buffet breakfast - great choice - though a little expensive. We had b'fast a few mornings but there are plenty of places just along the street.
Would I stay here again - yes. I could have stayed in our room all day! - it was just so beautiful and comfortable1

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
WmPenn, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

It was a pleasure to read your comments. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be back soon to "chill" in our beautiful lobby!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Omni is a historic hotel in downtown Pittsburgh which seems to be popular with business travelers which I was, so I am reviewing from this perspective. It has a lot of pluses for the business traveler. It is conveniently located for downtown business access. The lobby and rooms are very nicely decorated. The room is comfortable and has a safe large enough to hold a laptop which is great and a refrigerator but unfortunately no mini bar. The bathroom has ample counter space and a small lighted make up mirror. The gym is very nice with a decent amount of machines but like most hotels the cardio machines can fill up in the morning. Overall, I liked the hotel but there are a few flaws worth pointing out. First, many rooms have "courtyard" views means they face a brick wall and windows for other hotel rooms, so you will likely not want to raise the blinds. They also do not have enough king rooms, I was told those get sold out first- so why don't convert more double rooms to king rooms? I don't get it. I got stuck with a double bed which is too short for someone my height. Unfortunately, they do not have a decent bar area. One bar is literally in the brightly lit lobby (not exactly a cozy spot) and the other is a noisy sports bar, so neither are good post dinner options for conversation (which is what business travelers are often looking for). But what I really found odd was the quality of the housekeeping. I came back to my room one day and found the bed half made (no, this was not the turn down service). The prior day, the bathroom was only partly cleaned. One day, housekeeping took my breakfast room service tray and put it outside the door where it stayed all day, I had to complain twice before it was picked up. I spoke to two other people in our group and one had a very similar experience and one had no problems. Except for the lack of view, all of these flaws are fixable so I hope they will address them.

Room Tip: Try to get a street view room and if you want a king, book early, they don't have enough to go around.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to provide a review of your stay. We appreicate your compliments regarding the lobby and guest rooms; however we are disappointed that our housekeeping service fell short, an we extend our apologies. Your comments regarding cleanliness and service are being addressed with our staff. We appreciate your patronage and will look forward to our next opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

A friend and I stayed here at the end of a long weekend trip. Wanted the last night to be in a nice place and relax. I chose the hotel originally because I wanted something local, not a chain. What a fantastic place we picked. The lobby is beautiful. The room was amazing, most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at a hotel. Comforter and sheets were unbelievably soft. We went down to the hotel bar and had the best spinach and artichoke dip I ever had. Next time I am in Pittsburgh, I will stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
WmPenn, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! The Omni William Penn is truly the Grand Dame of Pittsburgh. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel exudes the charm of the old world with references to William Penn abound in the facility including the room we were staying in. The framed "W" was never far away from the eyes in most places inside the hotel. The Staff was courteous and kind. The dining room was accomodative when we went in with just 10 minutes to spare before the closing. Room was comfortable and had a nice view of the water fountain across the street. I would come back here again.

Room Tip: There is a public parking right across the hotel which has a weekend rate of $5. Its much cheaper than valet parking (not a lot of difference during weekdays). So for weekend travelers, I would suggest parking in the public parking.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
WmPenn, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

We are so pleaed you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you will be back to visit again soon.