Omni William Penn Hotel
$156
$214
$143
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$107
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$121
Doubletree.com
$142
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$103
TripAdvisor
4,565 results
All reviewsterrace roombeautiful hotelclassic hotelacross the streetdowntown pittsburghbeautiful lobbymodern amenitiesroom servicevalet parkingself parkenjoyed my staybagelsmarket squareper dayfitness centerpnc parktap
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is an absolutely beautiful historic hotel. At the same time, there are many modern amenities as well, including a motion-sensor LED light under the nightstand that lights up the floor when you get out of bed in the middle of the night, LED reading lights that pop out of the headboards, and electrical outlets on the edge of the desk and nightstand for charging phones, etc. There are also the things you don't usually think of, such as plenty of elevators, which are also quite fast.

The location is superb if you want to be in the eastern end of downtown. the hotel is within easy walking distance of the convention center, train station, and both rivers, and not a bad walk to Market Square, Point State Park, or even across the river to PNC Park or Station Square. There is also the subway nearby to take you further, as well as buses and taxis.

There is a very nice restaurant with a good breakfast buffet, as well as a nice, small bar that serves food pretty late into the evening. If you're looking more for a quick pick-me-up in the morning, there is a Starbucks just off the lobby.

Being an older hotel, I noticed some items could use some updating, such as I had to flush a couple extra times sometimes, and there could be more hooks and towel bars in the bathrooms. However, the good definitely outweigh the not so good.

I ran into a gentleman from Vegas in the elevator who was complaining about the problems he'd had in his room due to age, and he stated that you would never see these problems in Las Vegas. My thought was, "And how many historic hotels are there in Vegas?" I'll take minor quirks in an historic hotel over perfection in a brand-new hotel any day. It's about Charm.

I was also quite impressed with the service I received from the hotel staff from the moment I walked in the front door.

Room Tip: While the restaurant and bar are nice, be sure to check out the many local restaurants in the area. You won't be disappointed. There are also many fine local beers to try.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tuba-IA
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

It was a pleasure for us to read that the charm and service at the Omni William Penn won you over. Thank you for taking the time to write a complimentary review and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is fabulous. I have stayed here three times. The rooms are large and the beds are really comfortable. It was close to 100 degrees all weekend, but the air conditioner kept the room cool. I have never had a bad experience at this hotel. The only negative is the tiny bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

We are thrilled that all of your experiences at the Omni William Penn have been great ones. Thank you for choosing us for your Pittsburgh accommodations and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I thought the motion sensor light on the floor was genius. The room was spacious and quiet. I had trouble finding out what amenities were on site from the website, and only heard there was a nice gym my last day (no signs that I could find). Yes- I should have asked, but I suppose I got lazy! I think it would be difficult to choose a nicer hotel in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for great comments! We look forward to being of service on your next visit to Pittsburgh.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We went to a wedding where all the events took place here. The ballroom, and other event rooms where architectural gems. Our room was large, and the staff very nice and helpful. The bellhop told us all about the hotel and its history and famous guests.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! The Omni William has a rich history and our staff is always pleased to share it with our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed for a wedding at the end of June. The hotel was sold out, but it was very quiet. Never heard a peep for another guest. Rooms have all been updated and are spacious and clean. There is a Starbucks and Bruegger's attached to the hotel, which made getting breakfast easy. There are 2 bars as well, which added to fun of the wedding after party. Park across the street for $5 for 24 hours on a weekend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience! We will look forward to seeing you when you return to Pittsburgh.