“wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Houston
“wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

What a beautiful hotel! Enjoyed staying at the WP on my first trip to Pittsburgh. The 1 1/2 bath and walk in closet made our stay even more comfortable. The lobby was perfect for a relaxing evening of reading. The WP is within walking distance of PNC & Heinz Field. Great restaurants nearby and friendly service. I look forward to my next trip to the city.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank K D L
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you for including The Omni William Penn as part of your first visit to Pittsburgh. We are glad that our central location proved to be convenient for you and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Turkish first
Plymouth, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

This hotel has the charm of times past with the convenience of a modern hotel. I did not experience the usual problems with an older hotel. There were plenty of power outlets in the room. The in-room WIFI was very fast. The bathroom was updated and not too small.

The lobby is an experience in itself. It is a central point where people gather and relax. This is a nice option rather than being stuck in your room. There are multiple dining options with a relaxed, informal feel. The hotel staff is very helpful and available for questions.

The workout area was very nice with weight machines and many cardio options.

I really enjoyed the stay and recommend it to anyone who is going to Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: Higher floors experience less street noise.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Omni William Penn. It was a pleasure for us to read your complimentary remarks regarding our hotel and we hope you will be our guest again soon.
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

My husband and I occasionally plan weekend get-a-ways without leaving town. The Omni William Penn is one of our favorites. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the service is good. The hotel's historic architecture is beautiful. We typically book a four-star through Hotwire or Priceline and get the Omni (there are only 4 4-star hotels in downtown Pittsburgh). We get a great rate and a wonderful stay. Check-in is very quick and easy. Getting a taxi is a big pain-in-the-butt in Pittsburgh, so go through the bellman if you need one. No need for valet parking on the weekend, there's a very reasonably priced garage directly across the street (entrances are on each side street), and the elevator takes you directly across the street from the main entrance of the Omni.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are delighted that The Omni William Penn is one of your favorite places for a quick staycation. Thank you for continuing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your next getaway with us.
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I enjoyed staying at the Omni Pittsburgh two times. IT was marvelous, we dining there, shopped there, got reservations for Mt. Washington resaurants, "La Mont" thankyou Dorthy, for the Benedum Theatre, had breakfast at the Hotel, Miltons Steakhouse was great as well . Pittsburgh is a real treat, lots of art, sculpture and the river veiws, Warhol Museum, and history, all very revived and enjoyable. At the Omni,we had a suite with two flat screen tvs, a living room, and separate bedroom. A big surprise it was, a lovely apartment. Daryl Caines the Bellman, treated us well. He made the time to show us around the hotel a bit, saw the Lawerence Welk room and we appreciated that. The next time we got two rooms and took some artist friends who loved the City and the Hotel how could they not! I would and will go back. Valet parking also made it easy. The feeling of the lobby is breathtaking, and the original grand pianio had a unique story, nicest piano I have ever had the privelege to try. Thank you. I liked the Renessance as well and have written a review on that in addition. I perfer the Omni, the dedication to customer service was apparent and I Thank them all for the lovely experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
We feel privileged to have insight to your experiences at The Omni William Penn. Thank you for your glowing compliments of our hotel and our city. It will be a pleasure for us to share you kind words with Dorothy and Daryl and we look forward to your next stay
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

We booked the hotel on Hotwire.com and got a great rate. Check in was super quick and easy, and we were even early. Went to the room and it was nice and clean, good view and just what we needed it for (to change and sleep in). We met our other travelers at the Tap Room downstairs for some drinks and a quick bite. The location was perfect, the staff was nice and the Starbucks in the lobby was a bonus! Only gripe was that our room (and others we traveled with) was hot, despite turning the temperature way down in the room for the nighttime.
Other than the climate, it was a good first experience and we will most likely book with them again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at The Omni William Penn and always consider it a compliment when someone plans to return. Please accept our apologies if the temperature of your room was not to your liking. We are about to embark upon a renovation that includes a major overhaul to our HV/AC system so when you return you should have the ability to adjust the temperature as needed. Thank you for all of your remarks and look forward to your next stay.
Clinton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

I always stay at the William Penn when I am in Pittsburgh for business. Rooms are large and comfortable, the staff and service are exceptional,and the hotel's proximity to all major businesses and sporting arenas is a huge plus. The lobby is very inviting, and has plenty of seating . There are also numerous electrical outlets strewn about the lobby in case you need to recharge your portable devices.
Hint- join the Omni select guest program ( it's free), and you receive free wifi and free room service coffee each day. Also, take advantage of the self parking option. The garage is located directly across from the William Penn, and is $5 per day as opposed to the $27 per day valet parking.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom H
Thank you for being a loyal patron of The Omni William Penn. We appreciate the compliments and advice you shared with other travelers on TripAdvisor and we look forward to your next visit.
Wappingers Falls, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

I usually count on the "Billy Penn" as the standard by which others should be measured. However the last trip from 10/25 to 10/27 was an uncomforting disappointment and I think Management should know this and not allow any slides or complacency. The Good: Excellent room service, comfortable bed, great shower and friendly staff as always. The Bad: I always book my favorite room in advance and usually I get it. This time I was told I had the room I prefer as usual. I got there and I was switched! This room was laid out differently and not to my liking. Worst of all, the heat was on and I could not adjust the temperature. I called the desk twice and told one of the room attendants and I got no answer or help. I also found a pair of dirty socks from the prior guest at the foot of the bed I was in - Gross! On the last day I ordered the bagel & fruit sampler for breakfast it was around 5 or 6 dollars. You know what fruit samples came up? A single banana. If it was anyone else, I'd rate this experience terrible,,but I will leave it is "Poor". To William Penn management: \Was this a bad day or was it a sign you are going soft? Dirty socks in the room is a huge blunder and to me that means you are not clean..You will get one more chance from me in the future. Don't screw it up.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about rooms that have working climate control in advance. And tell WP mgmt that if...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We regret that after many wonderful stays, your most recent experience at our hotel fell short of your expectations and our own. It is not acceptable for a pair of socks to have been left in the room and we will address this with the appropriate individuals in housekeeping. We also apologize that we were unable to place you in your preferred room. Many factors can affect our ability to provide our guests with a specific room such as the late or extended departure of a previous guest. In addition, we are addressing your temperature concerns in our upcoming renovation and will share your breakfast feedback with our food and beverage team. In spite of the issues you experienced, we are thankful for another chance to have you as our guest. We assure you that our commitment to service is unwavering and we are certain that your next stay will reflect the attention to detail that you have come to expect from The Omni William Penn.