“Very clean”

Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Very clean”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed at this hotel this past weekend for a wedding. The King bed was soooo comfortable! The bathroom was very clean and the shower had overhead lighting. They provided more than enough towels too. There was a small refrigerator in the bedroom and the bedroom itself was a good size... not cramped like other hotels I've been too. Of course the price wouldn't be so cheap regularly but we had a discount because of the wedding. All in all, enjoyed our stay in this hotel and would stay here again. I only rated it 4 because the internet wasn't free.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
We are glad you enjoyed your time at The Omni William Penn. Please accept our apologies if we did not make you aware of our complimentary Select Guest program which includes many perks, one of them being wifi at no charge. If you return we hope you will sign up so that we may provide you with a stay that earns us a 5!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Turkish first
CA
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Charming hotel, particularly at Christmas and Thanksgiving when I stayed. The downstairs lobby is a throwback to earlier times, with high ceilings and lots of carved wood. A tall decorated tree adorned the lobby cafe area. It was cold outside and snowing, which made things all the more picturesque. Nice fitness center. Loved the hot cider which was available by the desk. Parking convenient although a little cold. (Maybe valet would be better but I was too cheap). Good service.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
We are pleased to read that you liked spending time at The Omni William Penn during the holidays. Our associates enjoy the opportunity to make our lobby festive and are delighted that their efforts made your trip more memorable. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope you will return soon
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I recently stayed here for 3 nights in October 2011. My only complaint or issue was with the AC in the room. It just wouldn't get cool enough for me. We were able to open the windows which remedied the problem. Overall a nice place in a great location. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at The Omni William Penn. We apologize that the room was not a comfortable temperature for you but are glad to hear that opening the windows remedied the situation. We are glad that you otherwise had a good stay and we hope you will return soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. Just about everything was perfect. They have 24 hour reception who were extremely pleasant and very efficient. Due to bad weather my flight to Pittsburgh was delayed and I didn't arrive into the hotel until 1.50am. Check-in took less than 3 minutes as they had already taken care of the paperwork. I called room service for a snack and it arrived 20 minutes later beautifully prepared. I also asked for breakfast to be served in my room for 8.00am and right on the dot of eight they knocked on my door with, once more, a beautifully prepared and scrumptious breakfast. The room was very large and clean as was the bathroom. Plenty of towels and accessories and good shower - not too powerful. This hotel has an old fashioned air of elegance about it. From the moment the doorman helps you enter into the hotel, the impression the luxurious surroundings with the crystal chandeliers gives is one of comfort and opulance. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. My room was on the 14th floor with no street view.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for all of your kind remarks about your recent stay at The Omni William Penn. We truly enjoyed reading your review and are pleased that we could provide you with a great stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
CA
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Had a nice time at this hotel. Overall good feel to the place. Some of the areas in the lobby area and restaurant area are quite grand and from a different, more golden age.
Have seen one or two celebrities, after their shows at nearby venues, hanging out here.
Love the schmaltziness of some of the main rooms.
Nice looking from the outside.
When we were here there was a protest outside and it was pretty loud-- protests over labor laws and politicians-- and we were surprised how loud and clear it came in through the closed windows on a sunday morning. We were just regular folks with a good price on a hotel, but felt like we were being stormed in the castle.
The rooms are very different-- some very mirrored, some more subdued, some are like "boudoirs", some more staid.... I'd come back here for sure. It reminded me of old world Pittsburgh.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
We appreciate your review of The Omni William Penn. Please accept our apologies for the distraction caused by protestors near the hotel. This is certainly not the norm and we regret that it provided you with an early morning wake up call. We are glad that you had an otherwise great stay and we look forward to having you back soon.
buffalo ny
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I bought this hotel from priceline for $125 including taxes.I checked hotel site and rooms were $269 and up.The lobby is posh. It really was like stepping in the past.Vintage furniture,2 huge chandeliers.it was impressive. front desk area had lemonade,coffee and fresh apples.(a nice touch) The hallways on the floors had a chandelier every 5 feet. We didnt try the restaurants but looked nice.The Starbucks was great.
When I spoke to hotel I req a king room smoking and stated we had to be in by 1 or 2. At 2.45 I was told guest was still in room and it could be a few hours.That wasnt possible because we had tickets for a 3.30 event.They gave us a queen room.I read reviews that some rooms were small but this was comical.It was the size of a babies nursery.We couldnt even walk by each other it was so small.We are not small people and the bed was also too small for us.Front desk then said all they could give us was a room with 2 doubles.Now,that room was huge.At least 3 times the size of other room.2 beds was inconvenient but we made do. Flat screen tv, nice desk and chairs.view was of brick wall .
they asked us to sign up for some program for extra perks(like the early check in we didnt get).free wifi, coffee to room.we didnt really utilize that.in return they would put us on there email list.Unless you need wifi its kind of a waste of time.But it is a great hotel.If you are in Pittsburgh,STAY here. Priceline is a gamble with name your own price but I use it all the time and get great hotels in major cities for at least 50 or 60% off. Used underground parking ramp and it was $13.75 for 24 hours on a Sunday night stay.Other then little hassle getting room I did love this place.But if you want to make sure you get this place on priceline or whatever pay directly to hotel and expect $300+ per night. P.S It was cool that John Kennedy stayed here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
We regret that were not able to find you the perfect accommodations during your stay but are glad that everything worked out for you to enjoy your time with us. If you return, we will do our best to honor any early check in or room requests. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you will be our guest again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Haven't been here for a few months and was pleasantly reminded what a great hotel this is.

I was greeted warmly at reception with check-in documents already prepared and handed to me in about 30 seconds.

The room was large, traditionally furnished, nicely decorated, with plenty of light -- 3 way bulbs in all 4 lamps. The flat screen TV was large enough to clearly see across the room. There was a desk and separate sitting area with two comfortable chairs and a comfortable king size bed.

Marble bathroom was small but very adequate with plenty of light. I could step in the shower, pull the curtains and still have plenty of light. Even the toilet was a "quiet" flush.

All the staff were very warm and friendly -- even the maid when I declined their evening turn-down service; the concierge that called the first night to offer her assistance during my stay; the staff that I passed in the corridors; the reception staff updating my bill at checkout. Everyone made an effort!

Omni has a superb frequent guest program that offers free morning beverage delivered to your room and free wi-fi just for signing up. I always had coffee delivered and left at the door in the morning - often with breakfast. They even had Kashi cereal - my favorite.

Although I have enjoyed many meals at their dining room in the past, this time I took advantage of the Tap Room- a dark wood pub setting with several TVs and a menu of salads, sandwiches and a few entrees . I couldn't resist the pierogies and kielbasi one night and the fish sandwich the next. Vegetables didn't seem to be a part of many dishes (except the vegetarian sandwich or salads) but it was fun food. The Tap Room generally seemed less expensive than the dining room but, on the other hand, I couldn't resist the $19 glass of Pino Noir. If you are dining alone, this is a good place to watch news and sports on TV while eating. It does get very busy at times -- the waitresses are always on the move.

The hotel is in downtown Pittsburgh -- very convenient to the business district. There are also a number of nice restaurants nearby which the concierge can recommend. For me, this trip was mostly long days at work with a quick meal at night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
We are glad that after your long days of work you felt comfortable and well taken care of at The Omni William Penn. Thank you for choosing us as one of your preferred Pittsburgh hotels and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.