All reviewsroom was cleanthe maintenance manrobinson townshipshopping and restaurantsminute drivefree parkingmotelredroofmicrowavedeskhousekeeperikealinensshuttle
Reviewed June 14, 2010

For the last 5 years, we have been staying at this place whenever we travel via Pittsburgh International Airport. We have tried numerous other hotels in the greater airport area, but we finally settled on this place. The location is great - relatively close to the freeway and only 10 minutes from the airport. For those of us who have a 6 a.m. flight, the Denny's Restaurant next door means that we get to eat breakfast before our flight. During regular business hours there are many other restaurants nearby. A few years ago this place had a major renovation, and so the rooms are really nice. And it's far enough from the freeway that it's fairly quiet. If you want a good, clean room at a reasonable price, look no further. We've never had any problems in all the years we've been staying at this place.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I got a park and fly rate. I stayed just one night before taking off the next day. Room 119 outside unit. Welcome person was not welcoming at all, she was just blah and kind of snappy and could care less, etc. I asked for a quiet are as I wanted to just go to bed and get up very early for a flight out. She said here is where I have you, nothing else. She looke liked she had other things on her mind, was not happy and wanted to go home, etc.

The room, smelled ok but kind of had that look that it was not clean. The carpet was fine but the bathroom was not nice. It looked like it had a tiny bit of updates but was done very poorly. The toilet was so small and so was the shower toilet area. Lets put it this way, I am 5'11 and 190 pounds and had a hard time doing what you need to do in a bathroom. Total turn off! As i showered, the pressure was good but i noticed right abouve my head the fan which was very dirty. I had to get a washcloth and clean it. After rinsing the cloth I did it again and then all the uper ledges around tub shower, the cloth came off black. Now that is just not right.
So to me I felt the room was dirty and just quickly cleaned. After awhile that shows up!!
The rooms look larger in the pictures and the updates much better in photo, for they are very small rooms and updates look like a kid did them.
the bed was lumpy and you I could feel the poor quality and or age of the mattress.
Sheets were thin and worn.

For a quick over night like I had to do it was fine at best. But next time I will not be staying there I will try something a little better.
I could never imaigne staying there in winter I would think it would feel very cold in that room.

Also the towels were so small and rough, just very poor (very). One tiny bar of soap and a tiny tin foil pack of shampoo.
It was very sparce all the way around. I just felt it was like a no name motel that is constantly looking for ways to cut rather than wanting to bring back repeat customers.

On a nice note the moring check out lady was super nice. talkative, friendly, kind etc. Very warm. The wake up call came in as scheduled and there are so many restaurants around for any taste. near by, or down the hill behind hotel are a bunch more. I think just about every type of chain is within a mile. That was really cool

After thinking about my stay I have just decided, i wont stay there again I'll spend a few extra bucks for cleaner and nicer.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed April 11, 2010

On our recent trip we found the Red Roof very nice, clean and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SAROhio
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I selected this hotel because it was fairly close to the city and I was going to be there for 5 days. Staff was very friendly. The room was clean and smoke free (I had asked for a non smoking room). Despite what some of the other reviews I read said, I had no trouble with noise at the hotel or sleeping at night. The only recommendation that I have for the hotel is that their parking lot needs to be repaved. If you stay here bring your own hairdryer. There also isn't a coffee pot in the room but since I don't drink coffee that wasn't a problem. Television station selections were somewhat limited but I didn't have a lot of time to watch television anyway. If I am in the area again I will definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I checked in to a room in february 2010. I had my puppy with me. the place was pretty clean. they have soap and shampoo but I always bring my own. the beds aren't as comfortable as I would like but I'm used to sleeping on a tempurpedic. there is a restaurant near by so you can get a decent meal any time day or night. you have to get a wi-fi access card to get online. the king suites have a mini fridge and microwave. the staff are very friendly and courteous. they treat you like family. they are in a great location for me anyway, but if you fly in I suggest a rental car. running accross 4 lanes of traffic for a pack of cigarettes is dangerous no matter what time of day it is. the mall is very close in walk to it. its really only roomy if you get the king suite but the standard doubles aren't bad either. just really small bathrooms in the other rooms.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo